• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

justjim89

tumblr_ofjns1YV6d1qkweyso1_500.jpg

This is an interesting one.

Tuffty

With something like that, I would expect the magazine size to be small, the damage output low or the recoil to be worse than the others making every shot count. Otherwise why wouldn't you pick this hugely overpowered weapon in your setup every time?

I feel like going forward into season two you'll probably have metal detectors that work *coughmarrakeshcough* which means that gun would dodge a frisk but not a metal detector. Which would then up the ante for an all plastic 3d printed gun.

justjim89

I feel like going forward into season two you'll probably have metal detectors that work *coughmarrakeshcough* which means that gun would dodge a frisk but not a metal detector. Which would then up the ante for an all plastic 3d printed gun.

Or an insulated suitcase with a rifle disassembled in it.

This just tells me Hokkaido will be filled with frisking, everyone's favorite gameplay mechanic.

All they would need to do is frisk you before you can enter the building, and that will catch most players off-guard. This would actually make sense for a hospital.

But so far frisking becomes irrelevant once you learn a few hidden passageways and unlock a few starting points. I don't know whether this level can actually shake that up a bit.

ArjanN

Give me one bullet and I'm set.

I could see that, I mean, you're clearly trying to be sneaky getting past the frisk, so who are you going to shoot other than the target really.

If you're shooting more than a clip you're just going on some clear out half the level rampage.

Jonnax

I wanna dive back into Hitman with the Marrakesh episode but my PS plus has ran out.
What won't I be able to do in the game?

DrSlek

Killed the identity thief and escaped.
Fucker wouldn't walk through the electrified puddle I made.
I ended up shooting him in the face and then legging it out of the place before the guards could realise what had happened.

Murkas

I wanna dive back into Hitman with the Marrakesh episode but my PS plus has ran out.
What won't I be able to do in the game?

PS plus has no effect on Hitman? As long as you have an internet connection, you're fine.

CvhWzEdWIAAZ7zm.jpg

Dohohoho. Predictable, but still cool.

I wonder if this has ammunition? Otherwise I don't see what makes this different from say just carrying the tactical knife/jiraya or what ever the curved dagger was called.

Metal-Geo

I wonder if this has ammunition? Otherwise I don't see what makes this different from say just carrying the tactical knife/jiraya or what ever the curved dagger was called.

Perhaps they'll stick to walls, so they don't bounce uncontrollably like coins?

On Hitmanforums IO confirmed that you get 3 shuriken.

I assume you will also be able to throw shuriken faster than a knife. Might be faster than a gun since you don't need to aim.

Bebpo

Banned
Hokkaido's coming a lot earlier than I expected. I thought it would be out until December right before the January release. Releasing it now makes me hopeful that the next three months will be spent making content for the last 3 locations & polishing the bugs/AI.

justjim89

I'm gonna be really bummed if we don't get the briefcase sniper as the level 20 unlock for this one. They KNOW people want it. If they can't get it in this season, I bet it's prominently featured in the marketing for Season 2.

RedSwirl

How much do I really need this game?

In terms of level design where does it rank up against Ground Zeroes, Dishonored, Mankind Divided, Thief, and Blood Money?

In terms of level design where does it rank up against Ground Zeroes, Dishonored, Mankind Divided, Thief, and Blood Money?

The common line of thinking is that despite some variance in quality of levels, this is basically Blood Money with bigger levels. The level design shines more with the escalations and elusives, because while there are a number of different ways to tackle the main targets, the extra targets are good about exploring design space in the rest of the level.

Weebos

Banned
Just recently picked up this game and I LOVE it. This is my first Hitman, and man I feel like I have been missing out.

Any cool or recommended mastery unlocks? I don't think I am going to hit 20 on all (or any) of them, but a cool goal to shoot for would be sweet.

Any cool or recommended mastery unlocks? I don't think I am going to hit 20 on all (or any) of them, but a cool goal to shoot for would be sweet.

The most-used unlocks are basically these (either with unique functionality or very convenient):
- Paris level 10: Silverballer.
- Sapienza level 5: remote breaching charge.
- Sapienza level 10: lethal poison vial.
- Sapienza level 10: remote audio distraction.
- Marrakesh level 10: emetic poison vial.
- Marrakesh level 15: remote explosive duck.
- Bangkok level 10: "Mixtape 47".
- Bangkok level 20: Krugermeier 2-2.
- Colorado level 5: emetic poison syringe.
- Colorado level 10: concealable baton.
- Colorado level 15: disposable scrambler.

Along the way you'll unlock some hilarious items everybody should try once, like the exploding phone and the silenced shotgun from Bangkok.

You also need to unlock a sniper rifle of some kind, but the very best of all is most likely coming with Hokkaido. Probably level 20.

DrSlek

For me, I would rate it as good as Ground Zeroes. Easily superior to Dishonoured and Mankind Divided. I'd say better than Blood Money too.

Top Bottom