• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport delayed to 2017

The AMG is pretty fucking difficult to get wrong. And it's still missing many layers.

Paging Sal for deep analysis.
Yeah, I'm really not hearing this improvement. Sounds like they could've just reused the 1971 Challenger sounds from GT5, sounds absolutely nothing like an AMG V8. Looks like the good sounds are just never going to happen.

just tray

GT Sport will be okay (or Sony sends GT to the grave)

The original GT launched in 94? 2017 and Forxa 7 is released. It will ne it's 7th installment in a little over two years not counting the Horizaon series.

So Forza 12 2021
GT 8 in 2023 (due to delays)

I understand wanting to make a good game but Forza Horizon 3 took a lip less thantwo years to make. Forza 7 has been in production since laat year and will be released next uear. There ia no excuse for this PD

This is the new GT chart:

Three Uncharteds= one GT

Two Horizons + Two Forzas = one GT

5 Mario Parties = one GT

One GT = one handheld and one Zelda GT

This is unacceptable PD!!

Razgreez

giphy.gif

I said damn

Another update from Paris Motor Show FIA Booth.

Hold tight...Gran Turismo Sport direct-feed sound update!

Full text here - https://www.gtplanet.net/mercedes-amg-gt-s-sounds-mean-in-latest-gt-sport-footage/
Video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7fDAZBBLkQ

Sounds like GT PS3 without the wind and road noise effects further shitting things up. GT will be forever stuck with the PS1 tyre screech, crashing shopping trolley collision samples and piss poor vehicle audio.

Why isn't the bumper cam actually positioned on the bumper? Watching this video makes me wonder if there's some invisible forcefield separating the cars.

Indeed, this is horrible haha

Also, not a single scratch in the cars when they bump into each other. 😔

ty_hot

This game is a joke, so long and they cant even do the bumper cam right. The cars seems to be one meter away (at least) but they are actually colliding already lol

The soubds are as bad as always, they are using the same sample from GT2 again. AGAIN.

JamboGT

It isn't a bumper cam, what it is is a usable camera that approximated the drivers position but centrally in the car, has always been this way since before interiors were in the game. An actual bumper camera is only useful for showing speed whereas the one in GT has much better vision and rotates around the centre of the car, not the front tip.

Full text here - https://www.gtplanet.net/mercedes-amg-gt-s-sounds-mean-in-latest-gt-sport-footage/
is this supposed to sound bad? It sounds fantastic to me! Not sure when are we supposed to crap on GT or praise it around here. lol just jk

This personally sounds really improved to me though...hope they implement damage soon. Really can't wait to play this on Pro & VR

Also guys that's not a bumper cam...lol even i know that. And I'm as casual as they come.

JamboGT

In regards to the sounds of the AMG in that video. All the sounds in the video sound like they have been turned up to 11, distortion happens with all effects. Am not entirely sure how genuine that video, or representative maybe, is.

Christ, just rewatched that video and it sounds even worse than I remember. The points where the player passes the Nissan GTRs, they sound like a high revving boxer engine or some kind of inline 4 with a big muffler. You'd think that of all cars to get the sounds right on that PD would pick a Skyline, especially one that they actually helped create a small part of.

I think ten years of waiting for these better sounds is just too much, I've given up on hope entirely for GT audio.

Mascot

Audio in GT now seems elevated to what the competition was doing a decade ago. It's a big improvement for GT but still ten years behind the curve.

xrnzaaas

It isn't a bumper cam, what it is is a usable camera that approximated the drivers position but centrally in the car, has always been this way since before interiors were in the game. An actual bumper camera is only useful for showing speed whereas the one in GT has much better vision and rotates around the centre of the car, not the front tip.

Imo that's an archaic feature that should go away asap. All (first person perspective) cameras should give the feeling as if they're mounted somewhere on the car (bumper, hood or even roof if someone's into that), not hovering inside an invisible one.

rashbeep

Banned
In regards to the sounds of the AMG in that video. All the sounds in the video sound like they have been turned up to 11, distortion happens with all effects. Am not entirely sure how genuine that video, or representative maybe, is.

I noticed that too. I'll wait for some cleaner audio.

JamboGT

Imo that's an archaic feature that should go away asap. All (first person perspective) cameras should give the feeling as if they're mounted somewhere on the car (bumper, hood or even roof if someone's into that), not hovering inside an invisible one.

Nope, it's the best driving view in the game.

There is a reason bumper views in other games are crap. Too low, not much vision, in front of the wheels that are turning etc.

I do think they should do a hood view as well though.

Christ, just rewatched that video and it sounds even worse than I remember. The points where the player passes the Nissan GTRs, they sound like a high revving boxer engine or some kind of inline 4 with a big muffler. You'd think that of all cars to get the sounds right on that PD would pick a Skyline, especially one that they actually helped create a small part of.

I think ten years of waiting for these better sounds is just too much, I've given up on hope entirely for GT audio.

Don't lie, you haven't give up hope. I'm sure you'll be posting and following GTS till the day it releases.

After playing DriveclubVR for the last few days I cannot wait to sample GT:S on the Pro through VR, don't mess it up PD!

I do worry that just because of the nature of racing sims, it will be more blurry than we all hope.

Having got a PSVR and owned a DK2, in racing games you're always looking to the horizon/distance and with current HMDs there just isn't enough pixels to give a enough 'clear' information. They are great in VR and the reason I own VR headset, (I'm a 90% racer, be that AC, iracing or DriveClub) hopefully PD can apply some magic AA/Supersample to 'apex/focus point' and help with the image quality.

thelastword

Banned

Sound is improved, but I keep watching that trackside detail. No blurry grass texture patches. Foliage and texture detail is really nuts in this new GT. Draw distance and a high LOD is also pretty apparent. In another video, I could clearly see the improvement to the tarmac, it looks so detailed and authentic now. Good filtering is really helping here too.

otapnam

Sound is improved, but I keep watching that trackside detail. No blurry grass texture patches. Foliage and texture detail is really nuts in this new GT. Draw distance and a high LOD is also pretty apparent. In another video, I could clearly see the improvement to the tarmac, it looks so detailed and authentic now. Good filtering is really helping here too.

More reasons for me to keep my pspro preorder

cooldawn

Another video...this time showing a Penalty for corner cutting. Seems to be well implemented i.e. reasonable time loss and system for slowing down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydCRr3DUu6I

Why isn't the bumper cam actually positioned on the bumper? Watching this video makes me wonder if there's some invisible forcefield separating the cars.
It's always bugged me. In bumper cam you can clearly hit cars seemingly feet up the road. It's really misleading.

is this supposed to sound bad? It sounds fantastic to me! Not sure when are we supposed to crap on GT or praise it around here. lol just jk

This personally sounds really improved to me though...hope they implement damage soon. Really can't wait to play this on Pro & VR
It's supposed to be an example of much improve sound quality so yeah, it's sounds better.

magawolaz

Another video...this time showing a Penalty for corner cutting. Seems to be well implemented i.e. reasonable time loss and system for slowing down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydCRr3DUu6I
hmm, I don't know, it doesn't look like it's impacting the lap time much. The guy just keeps driving and the timer goes down naturally at each turn. Need to see more.
AC has a similar system, but if you accelerate the penalty goes back to the stock 5-10-15 seconds.
I think I prefer the GT5/6 systems to both tbh :p

spwolf

Is this pro footage? It looks a lot better than what they first showed few months back.

Top Bottom