• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Boss Mog

So I saw Mnet posted the MAMA nominees. Of course Wanna One is nominated in best new male artist and best male group. I'm not saying they don't deserve to be but it's rare to see a rookie group in both categories. Mnet seem to be favoring their group a little, I'll honestly be shocked if they don't win the male rookie award since last year I.O.I beat Blackpink in the female rookie award
which in all honesty I was very happy about,
even though it was somewhat unexpected.

The female rookie category is really a tough call this year between Pristin, Weki Meki, Momoland, Dreamcatcher and Chungha. I like them all, a little less Momoland but they have potential if they could get some better songs. I guess I'll root for poor Chungha whose all alone, she deserves it.

roaSone

DMgk1yvUIAADzA2.jpg:large

Dear Lord.

Boss★Moogle;252512991 said:
The female rookie category is really a tough call this year between Pristin, Weki Meki, Momoland, Dreamcatcher and Chungha. I like them all, a little less Momoland but they have potential if they could get some better songs. I guess I'll root for poor Chungha whose all alone, she deserves it.

I would love for Dreamcatcher to at least be nominated. Speaking off... The time is ticking for that Halloween comeback. If they skip this opportunity I'll be so disappointed.

llehuty

Twice's 2nd year anniversary!
Is crazy to think how much they have achieved with only two years in active. They are also already at 45 music show wins, when will anyone?
giphy.gif

NU'EST first music show win (Against GOT7!)
That mental breakdown

KARD teaser:
AR game or novelty title?

I would love for Dreamcatcher to at least be nominated.
They are actually nominated. List of nominations compiled on reddit, because the actual MAMA award page is already down, because people have crashed the servers because they still believe that the votes actually count to decide who is the winner.

Ryan_MSF

Happy second anniversary to my favourite ladies in K-Pop, time has flown by, couldn't be happier for them and the success they've achieved, looking forward to seeing where this journey takes them from here :)

07e1d9f8da2bdd6a575ba099c25fd110d90658de_hq.gif

Boss Mog

I would love for Dreamcatcher to at least be nominated. Speaking off... The time is ticking for that Halloween comeback. If they skip this opportunity I'll be so disappointed.

They are nominated those are the actual nominees that I listed.

Happy second anniversary to my favourite ladies in K-Pop, time has flown by, couldn't be happier for them and the success they've achieved, looking forward to seeing where this journey takes them from here :)

Hopefully to better songs.
Don't kill me

Bowlie

Banned
Hi hi, everyone.

I've been away for a few months due to study/work, now I can catch up to whatever has happened.

Right now I'm watching the rest of SMTM6 o/

Loci

Playback's prerelease track is so good!

플레이백 (Playback) - 01. 말하지 못한 이야기 (Untold Story)

Woolim vocals *.* A real crime against kpop keeping them this long in the basement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH4NZphVUdQ
Playback is probably the biggest waste of talent in the last 5 years.
I don't even know what they are waiting for so long. Adding a new member and stuff, ok cool. But please finally release a modern, charting song and get some promo.

DMih9s3WkAIPuYE.jpg

Anybody here remember So Yumi? She's a former member of Kiss&Cry (Domino Game), and before that, VNT (Sound (Ye Ye Ye)).

After leaving Kiss&Cry she had a solo trot single called Shake Me Up that I actually really liked. Well I just noticed today that she released another trot single recently, "묻지 말고 해요" ("Don't Ask"). Unfortunately I don't like this single as much but at least she's continuing to put out music.

There's no MV, but there are a few fancams on YouTube:
170929 소유미-묻지 말고 해요 [중국인유학생페스티벌] 직캠 by 포에버

I remember So Yumi fondly. Thanks for the yearly remind that Kiss & Cry disbanded after releasing the best debut track of 2014. Never heard of VNT before, and I can see why. Her new track is definitely not as good as Shake Me Up. Would have liked to see her on The Unit or something. What a shame.

I would say it's a tie between Playback and BESTie.

Spica? Dal Shabet? That's just the first two groups off the top of my head. The list of candidates for this award is probably pretty long.

Bowlie

Banned
Wow, what they did to SNSD was... disrespectul; what a blunt way of handling that situation. :/

Seems like I got back in time for new KARD, EXID Twice, good!

llehuty

Spica? Dal Shabet? That's just the first two groups off the top of my head. The list of candidates for this award is probably pretty long.
At least for Spica and Dal Shabet their companies tried for a bit and almost never had combackless years. Playback and BESTie tho...

Boss Mog

JTBC did that show last year Girl Spirit to showcase the talent of those less popular girl groups. I thought it would jump-start a few of them but it doesn't really seem so sadly. There were some really good performances: BEvelyz ftw!

Sojung should’ve won that show tbh. Idk why she decided to do Bae Bae by Big Bang towards the end of the show... had she stuck to a ballad or even tried for a more singable song, she wouldn’t have gotten eliminated.

But yeah you’re right, I think Lovelyz is the only group that managed to use that show to boost their popularity. Everyone else stayed the same in some sort of obscurity.

Boss Mog

But yeah you're right, I think Lovelyz is the only group that managed to use that show to boost their popularity. Everyone else stayed the same in some sort of obscurity.

It might've helped LABOUM a bit too, they actually won a Music Bank this year even though it was kinda shady as hell. I mean "Hwi Hwi" was a good song though so I don't care, plus the MV is in 4K on Youtube, I feel like that alone deserves a reward.

It might of slightly boosted Oh My Girl too since Seunghee did a Cheer Up cover that made me not hate the song. And Twice said they love Oh My Girl too and that alone probably boosted them a tad.

Boss Mog

Wish they would at least show the "editors" name to shame them a bit.

I'm convinced that site is generated by a computer. Their articles are super short and usually just rehash stuff you can find on the net verbatim. Plus like half the "stories" on there are old ones they repost as new to make it seem like they update a lot and to get clicks.

Y'all it's almost been two years and BEG still hasn't had a comeback. Their interval has always been two years and their comeback would have been teased by now.
I need more BEG bangers :')
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMnBrts2cg

I hate to break it to you but I doubt they'll be coming back anytime soon, Narsha got married recently, so BEG is probably not a priority for her right now.

EDIT: I don't know what you consider bangers, but two songs that I really enjoyed this year and that I consider bangers are gugudan's "A Girl Like Me" and MAMAMOO's "Yes I Am" in case you don't know them already.

ryan-ts

Y'all it's almost been two years and BEG still hasn't had a comeback. Their interval has always been two years and their comeback would have been teased by now.
I need more BEG bangers :')
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMnBrts2cg

We could be waiting a while. They got older and have different priorities in life. They're not officially disbanded but I'm not expecting a new BEG album for at least a few years.

edit: Basically what Boss Moogle said.

Top Bottom