• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAKEOUT: SHAM OF NOTREALGAME has been submitted to the 123 Fake Street patent office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww I was looking forward to another buggy, poorly optimized game that has performance degradation the longer you play it with somehow one platform getting an even worse mess that miraculously still wins GOTY awards. Where one platform can't get out of the first vault without a patch. Where other studios would be derided and bemoaned for the same thing, but Bethesda gets a pass. Where I still buy the GOTY edition and eventually will play it because I am part of problem...

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
on the subject of possible Fallout locations, what do you guys think of Alaska? the cold combine with the close distance to Russia could make some pretty interesting stuff no?

Nah. We got a taste of it in F3 DLC.

A boring choice for sure, but I wouldn't mind seeing NY in all it's glory.

TCRS

Banned
awwwwwwwww yisss

but why boston? I don't even know what it looks like. all I know it's an irish/liberal hellhole
:p
and there was a terror attack.

should have been new york, more iconic.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Maybe Obsidian's making it and Bethesda are working on TESVI instead!

We all know what Bethesda should really be working on
Rogue Warrior 2.

Also I would love new Fallout made by Obsidian, but I doubt that'll happen.
New Vegas was so much better then Fallout 3 it almost hurt.

Plasmid

Please inject directly into my veins. Hoping for a Fall 2015 release which would be 5 years after NV. Can't wait to stroll through Boston!

Paskil

pleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleasebereal

I need new FO

pleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleasebereal

I need new FO

My thoughts exactly

Fallout 3 is one of the best of all-time. New Vegas was also really solid, but not as good.

Patryn

Well if anything this hoax did spark some interest in the Fallout series again maybe some players will finally get around playing Fallout 3 or Fallout:New Vegas.

I doubt this will get much traction, at least not in the way that the Survivor hoax from earlier this year did.

DarkKyo

This is so weird, my friend and I were just talking about when the hell are we getting more fallout and now this. New Vegas is one of my favorite games ever.. can't wait! I live pretty close to Boston as well so that's also pretty cool about it.

syko de4d

My Hope: An isomatric Fallout Spinoff made by Obisidan with their Pillars of Eternity Unity Engine.

edit:

reality: Fake News

vgx reveal here we come.
giphy.gif

arhra

Well...Fallout (and Wasteland to a degree) are both based around post-WW2 fear of communism and possibility of a follow-up conflict truly being a war to end all wars, best exemplified by American jingoism.

While you could set Fallout outside of the USA, it is as key to the setting as GTA taking place in the US.

You could approach those same themes from a different direction, though - for example, the USSR never collapsed in the Fallout world, so Berlin could have been a divided city right up until the Great War. Hell, so little about the rest of the world has been said that you could even say it remained an occupied city after WWII, with West Berlin eventually becoming a heavily-fortified American enclave in commie East Germany (complete with Vault!), with survivors emerging into a wasteland dominated by former USSR factions.

The series is about survival in a post apocalyptic world, with tactical combat.

How often can they milk the same exact setting for real, hey look its 50s America again. But in the future.

Tropical setting would be cool, or Asian , or European. Anything.

thats the best part man. its a very cool take on sci-fi and the post-apocalypse. if you want a different setting go play something that is more in line with what you like, but Fallouts premise is fine where its at.

You could approach those same themes from a different direction, though - for example, the USSR never collapsed in the Fallout world, so Berlin could have been a divided city right up until the Great War. Hell, so little about the rest of the world has been said that you could even say it remained an occupied city after WWII, with West Berlin eventually becoming a heavily-fortified American enclave in commie East Germany (complete with Vault!), with survivors emerging into a wasteland dominated by former USSR factions.

I would like to see something like this explored in an off shoot, a la New Vegas. Fallout:New Moscow or something.

Killzig

The series is about survival in a post apocalyptic world, with tactical combat.

How often can they milk the same exact setting for real, hey look its 50s America again. But in the future.

Tropical setting would be cool, or Asian , or European. Anything.

It hasn't been the same setting. Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Fallout 3, and New Vegas are all set in different parts of the country. The shift is more subtle in Fallout 2 (moving North along the coast) but it still presented you with different types of settlements and NPCs. The 'americana' of Fallout is a big part of the tone of it and what makes it unique among PA properties. Moving it to any of the places you listed would make it more generic.

Zukuu

Banned
New fallout hyyyype. Shame that they didn't want to explore other countries tho. US wasteland has been done more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom