• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I found my old trailer list in other thread so I decided to update it and post it here if anyone want to throw themselves into nostalgia

X-Men: Children of the Atom
Intro Trailer

Marvel Super Heroes
Intro Trailer

X-Men vs. Street Fighter
Intro Trailer

Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
Intro Trailer

Marvel Vs. Capcom
Intro Trailer

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Intro Trailer
Intro Trailer 2
PSN & XBLA announcement
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
MVC2 Episode Touch

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Cinematic Trailer #1
Cinematic Trailer #2
Cinematic Trailer #3
Cinematic Trailer #4
MVC3 Special Holiday Trailer
Comic Con 2010 Trailer
Final Trailer
Ryu
Wolverine
Morrigan
Iron Man
Chris Redfield
Hulk
Dante
Deadpool
Felicia
Cap. America
Chun Li
Doctor Doom
Trish
Super Skrull
Amaterasu
Thor
V. Joe
Dormammu
Tron Bonne
X-23
Wesker
Spider-Man
Arthur
MODOK
Spencer
Magneto
Zero
She-Hulk
C. Viper
Storm
Mike Haggar
Phoenix
Akuma
Taskmaster
Hsien-Ko
Sentinel
Jill Valentine
Shuma-Gorath

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Announcement Trailer
Cinematic Trailer Short
Cinematic Trailer Full
Firebrand
Hawkeye
Ghost Rider
Strider
Nemesis
Dr. Strange
Iron Fist
Vergil
Phoenix Wright
Nova
Frank West
Rocket Raccoon
New York Comic Con UMVC3 Trailer
UMVC3 Port PS4/XB1/PC Trailer

Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins
Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins Trailer
Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins Trailer 2
Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins Launch Trailer

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
MVC:I Official Trailer
Gameplay Trailer
Extended Trailer
Story Mode Trailer
Gameplay Trailer 2
Story Mode Trailer 2
Gameplay Trailer 3
Gameplay Trailer 4
SDCC: Ono vs. Panel

Other Versus
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes Intro
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
TvC:UAS Zero Reveal Trailer
TvC:UAS Joe the Condor Reveal Trailer

Jawmuncher

Infinite's CG trailer was shit.

Basically knowing the roster now, unless things change. With the lack of newcomers they couldn't do much for a hype trailer if they wanted to. Since IMO the new additions is part of what really helped the MVC3 reveal. 4 new characters would've left them with 2 to hold off on until release lol.

I-hate-u

giphy.gif

JayEH

Basically knowing the roster now, unless things change. With the lack of newcomers they couldn't do much for a hype trailer if they wanted to. Since IMO the new additions is part of what really helped the MVC3 reveal. 4 new characters would've left them with 2 to hold off on until release lol.

It's not even the characters in there the whole thing is bland. The reveals of the characters, the art style, the fight.

Maybe it would have been more effective if the announcement didn't leak but even at the time I thought it was lame.

Watching those dislikes on UMVC3 videos. Man, we were spoiled with that game.

It was announced during a really awkward time. We were only a few months off from the release of the original MVC3, and Mega Man Legends 3 just got shitcanned like a day prior so naturally people were seething with nothing but absolute rage towards Capcom.

Jawmuncher

The move to "realistic" was a mistake.

It's not even the characters in there the whole thing is bland. The reveals of the characters, the art style, the fight.

True. The MVC:I trailer is basically they walk up fuck around a bit and that's it.
I really wonder what the marketing idea's are behind this game. Especially when they already had a succesful way to do it looking at MVC3.

I-hate-u

It was announced during a really awkward time. We were only a few months off from the release of the original MVC3, and Mega Man Legends 3 just got shitcanned like a day prior so naturally people were seething with nothing but absolute rage towards Capcom.

Bruv I couldn't care less at the time knowing Vergil was coming.

Also, I am pretty sure only the casuals were the ones complaining. No one who played Mahvel seriously hated the premise of Ultimate.

Edit: I remember the 2011 UMvc3 Evo panel where they had the crowd ask Niitsuma about balance changes for their characters. I have never witnessed a balance update so anticipated like UMvC3.

Jawmuncher

Bruv I couldn't care less at the time knowing Vergil was coming.

Also, I am pretty sure only the casuals were the ones complaining. No one who played Mahvel seriously hated the premise of Ultimate.

Yeah. Anyone who was just more on MVC was pretty alright with. Since the $40 price was pretty fair too. Since that's about what 8 characters would've been anyway.

JayEH

The super and ultimate versions were such good deals compared to what we have now. I say that as someone who usually buys all characters for a game though.

Jawmuncher

The super and ultimate versions were such good deals compared to what we have now.

Yeah we complained so much about Super and other such version. When in all honesty i'd prefer going back to that. Looking at the SFV screen with all the missing characters and stages that ATM would cost $90+ bucks through PSN is just a bit saddening for more casual players who don't want to get on the grind.

With UMVC3 or SSF4, if you were that mad about it. You could just wait until it hit 30-20 and such. Can't really do much now besides pray said DLC goes on sale.
I'm still hoping the Super Street Fighter V is real and it's just a collected version of mostly everything thus far. I'd be all over that.

As for MVCI, I really hope that if they're just going to stick with DLC and no future versions. That they at least include stages with the characters.

Worst thing about the Infinite teaser trailer is the squishy sound effect of Ryu catching the Power stone and landing on his jello feet.

Also having X in full-on jobber mode during his grand reintroduction into the Capcom spotlight.

Neoxon

The super and ultimate versions were such good deals compared to what we have now. I say that as someone who usually buys all characters for a game though.
But the main problem was that you had to buy the expansions to keep up competitively, thus splitting the player base.

patchday

Yeah we complained so much about Super and other such version. When in all honesty i'd prefer going back to that. Looking at the SFV screen with all the missing characters and stages that ATM would cost $90+ bucks through PSN is just a bit saddening for more casual players who don't want to get on the grind.

nope, its not too hard for a casual to earn FM plus who needs all those characters anyway? It takes so many hours to master a single character and do well online

so no- most casuals dont give af bout extra characters cause when I boot up SFV I'm like cool new content that I have no time to mess with.

I can only see a hardcore player with a lot of time on their hands complaining bout that stuff because for some reason they think they need all those characters? (edit- and if they want to practice a Matchup its better to make friends with someone that knows the character already and rematch them over & over)

I guess since I come from MOBAs like League of Legends where there have 100s of characters I've already been used to seeing lots of gated content that I know it would be detrimental for me to mess with.

[edit] And the reason I say its easy for a casual to earn FM is cause guys like me just want to buy 1 or 2 dlc characters tops cause why throw away all those hrs you spent mastering a good fighter already?? Unless all your time somehow magically transfers

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Huh, so the Space Stone grants a bit of super armour when using the surge? That's neat since that was its effect back in the day.

nope, its not too hard for a casual to earn FM plus who needs all those characters anyway? It takes so many hours to master a single character and do well online

so no- most casuals dont give af bout extra characters cause when I boot up SFV I'm like cool new content that I have no time to mess with.

I can only see a hardcore player with a lot of time on their hands complaining bout that stuff because for some reason they think they need all those characters? (edit- and if they want to practice a Matchup its better to make friends with someone that knows the character already and rematch them over & over)

I guess since I come from MOBAs like League of Legends where there have 100s of characters I've already been used to seeing lots of gated content that I know it would be detrimental for me to mess with.

[edit] And the reason I say its easy for a casual to earn FM is cause guys like me just want to buy 1 or 2 dlc characters tops cause why throw away all those hrs you spent mastering a good fighter already?? Unless all your time somehow magically transfers

Hi, I'm a dirty casual.

Casuals don't master characters or do well online, you misunderstand what casuals tend to do. Casuals like to play the game, maybe run arcade with random characters and just try out shit. They like to play as different characters against friends and family randomly. They try online then get blown up.

I try to beat arcade mode with each character at least. It's fun to see how they all play differently.

Jawmuncher

I think it depends on what you use fighters for. For me a lot of the time I'm playing fighting games when I have people over. So when I pop in SFV and others see all the locked content and I explain the situation they aren't all the impressed. While there's no issue when I pop in MK XL or UMVC3. Since in my circle, the group is definitely more about wanting to explore everything there.

Making this go back to MVC:I, I just hope it's handled differently. Especially since there's no fight money. IMO I'd pay $40 for a season pass that includes characters and stages equal to UMVC3. I don't want to see a lot piece meal and end up paying $90 for that same amount of content.

Neoxon

I think it depends on what you use fighters for. For me a lot of the time I'm playing fighting games when I have people over. So when I pop in SFV and others see all the locked content and I explain the situation they aren't all the impressed. While there's no issue when I pop in MK XL or UMVC3. Since in my circle, the group is definitely more about wanting to explore everything there.

Making this go back to MVC:I, I just hope it's handled differently. Especially since there's no fight money. IMO I'd pay $40 for a season pass that includes characters and stages equal to UMVC3. I don't want to see a lot piece meal and end up paying $90 for that same amount of content.
You can easily just buy the SFV characters via the Character Pass if you don't have the time to earn them. Earning them individually isn't the only way.

Jawmuncher

You can easily just buy the SFV characters via the Character Pass if you don't have the time to earn them. Earning them individually isn't the only way.

Of course. I'm mainly just talking about the disparity of Charavters and Stages in SFV now and how I hope that same style isn't what is planned for MVCI.

IMO stages should be included with characters (I know with SFV some are, but I'm saying all should be outside special stuff like Evo and what not).

Just makes things more balanced and easier to keep track of.

Of course. I'm mainly just talking about the disparity of Charavters and Stages in SFV now and how I hope that same style isn't what is planned for MVCI.

IMO stages should be included with characters (I know with SFV some are, but I'm saying all should be outside special stuff like Evo and what not).

Just makes things more balanced and easier to keep track of.
I miss character-specific stages too.

I think Xrd is the only game that still does that, and even then it's still incredibly loose. The unfortunate thing about 2.5D is that giving every character a stage isn't as easy as drawing a 3-10 frame animated background anymore.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

As it stands, though, if someone want the "newest" version of SFV, they'd have to pay $80 (or $90 total if they've already bought the original). This of course, would not come with all the stages, since some of those are exclusive to the CPT bundles, and one at least is unobtainable. I'm fine with costumes as DLC tho, except, again a bunch are unobtainable.

It's just a weird position to be in, especially for a casual fighting game player who just wants to play the full game. (Of course there's not even an arcade mode to run, so why would they bother, right?)

Makes me wonder how pricing for DLC in Infinite will be handled. A service game is great and all but if the cost of the "full" game keeps escalating "infinitely"...

I found my old trailer list in other thread so I decided to update it and post it here if anyone want to throw themselves into nostalgia

X-Men: Children of the Atom
Intro Trailer

Marvel Super Heroes
Intro Trailer

X-Men vs. Street Fighter
Intro Trailer

Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
Intro Trailer

Marvel Vs. Capcom
Intro Trailer

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Intro Trailer
Intro Trailer 2
PSN & XBLA announcement
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
MVC2 Episode Touch

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Cinematic Trailer #1
Cinematic Trailer #2
Cinematic Trailer #3
Cinematic Trailer #4
MVC3 Special Holiday Trailer
Comic Con 2010 Trailer
Final Trailer
Ryu
Wolverine
Morrigan
Iron Man
Chris Redfield
Hulk
Dante
Deadpool
Felicia
Cap. America
Chun Li
Doctor Doom
Trish
Super Skrull
Amaterasu
Thor
V. Joe
Dormammu
Tron Bonne
X-23
Wesker
Spider-Man
Arthur
MODOK
Spencer
Magneto
Zero
She-Hulk
C. Viper
Storm
Mike Haggar
Phoenix
Akuma
Taskmaster
Hsien-Ko
Sentinel
Jill Valentine
Shuma-Gorath

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Announcement Trailer
Cinematic Trailer Short
Cinematic Trailer Full
Firebrand
Hawkeye
Ghost Rider
Strider
Nemesis
Dr. Strange
Iron Fist
Vergil
Phoenix Wright
Nova
Frank West
Rocket Raccoon
New York Comic Con UMVC3 Trailer
UMVC3 Port PS4/XB1/PC Trailer

Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins
Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins Trailer
Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins Trailer 2
Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins Launch Trailer

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
MVC:I Official Trailer
Gameplay Trailer
Extended Trailer
Story Mode Trailer
Gameplay Trailer 2
Story Mode Trailer 2
Gameplay Trailer 3
Gameplay Trailer 4
SDCC: Ono vs. Panel

Other Versus
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes Intro
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
TvC:UAS Zero Reveal Trailer
TvC:UAS Joe the Condor Reveal Trailer

Wow the MVC3 episode trailers were so hype and full of little moments. Things like Hulk and Chris fighting in Episode 1, then Chris trusting Hulk in episode 4 are amazing and show development in mere trailers. And Haggar just picking up his pipe and walking towards the fire like a complete badass. A pissed off mayor who lost his billboard.

I-hate-u

Looking at Marvel's other games, I wouldn't be surprised if the art style was Marvel's call & Capcom couldn't quite execute it.

I mean, nothing's wrong with Iron Man.

Wolverine >>>>>> Ironman.

Also I would take Spiderman over Ironman as the face of Marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom