• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Teaser Video for E3

Izuna

Banned
I love this thread.

Dislike Sony, but they're doing almost all the right things to make me grab the PS4. I really would like not to want one, but oh well.

Ugly design so far, don't really like the whole sharp black look they've been having for a long time.

But still, love this thread.

Here's something I've been wondering. Since river was, for all intense and purposes a time lord herself. Could she and the Doctor have children?

Mupod

Quick and dirty, portions off and everythng.

jNbUS0e.jpg

It's shitty I know, someone here could probably do a better job with enough time.

heh, made me think of this a little bit.

jbydo2tGEI0QlC.jpg

Radec

Uhhh. What. The only inspiring games they showed at their reveal were Media Molecule's and Johnathan Blow's game. Then they were almost universally mocked for not showing the console at their two hour long event. Then they give PR double-talk for 3 months completely glossing over their PSWorld pricing structure desperately trying to delay any bad press they would get. And then we get this?

c4blMIX.gif

Beautiful is not what I would call their "game".

Only on Xbox.

You can look through my post history to see my allegiances easily enough. Saying they're somehow "outplaying" MS for releasing a teaser of their box which they should have shown at the... uh... product announcement is pure folly though.

This reads really funny consider you seem to only have an Xbox and are heavily invested in the Xbox reveal thread. You should probably stop posting in this thread now.

How is this different that every Xbox thread?

image.php
image.php

danclarke

Neo Member
Definitely looks as if it borrows elements from the previous 3 consoles (especially some of that slatted stuff- looks very PS2-esque) - will reserve judgement until I see it.

Cidd

Uhhh. What. The only inspiring games they showed at their reveal were Media Molecule's and Johnathan Blow's game. Then they were almost universally mocked for not showing the console at their two hour long event. Then they give PR double-talk for 3 months completely glossing over their PSWorld pricing structure desperately trying to delay any bad press they would get. And then we get this?

c4blMIX.gif

image.php

Fight on soldier you're doing your team proud...

Izuna

Banned
You can look through my post history to see my allegiances easily enough. Saying they're somehow "outplaying" MS for releasing a teaser of their box which they should have shown at the... uh... product announcement is pure folly though.

To be honest, as much as I'm also rooting for MS to win next gen, this teaser is a great idea. If they did one for the Xbox first you'd be all over it.

Kyoufu

will be comprehensively outspent on marketing dollars... keep going. This is great tactics so far, I just hope they can keep it up once MS take the gloves off (and open the wallet)

Don't forget the Champions League Final commercial next week.

Tobor

Had they shown the box in February, they'd have nothing to tease now. It should be obvious by the reactions today Sony made the right call.

Dude you're trying to hard. They've been outplaying MS since FEB. Deal with it!

c4blMIX.gif

Keep up the good fight bro.

Don't forget the Champions League Final commercial next week.

It's actually this week. The 25th.

How is this different that every Xbox thread?

image.php
image.php

hPchYPZ.png

:p

I actually think it is very weird for MS to not release a teaser vid of any kind for tomorrows event :(.

I'll just dump one more old gif cause I like it so much :lol.
i4Yl2GmFSaE6n.gif

E3 is so close hnnnnnnngh

You can look through my post history to see my allegiances easily enough. Saying they're somehow "outplaying" MS for releasing a teaser of their box which they should have shown at the... uh... product announcement is pure folly though
Nah it is basic marketing and going by the reactions it was successful.

It's about building speculation and buzz - Sony had the PS Meeting teaser video and gave a glimpse of what's to come, and today they reveal another teaser for the console itself, which again is a way of making people take notice.
Microsoft did nothing of the sort to hype the Xbox reveal event, so is it any wonder people consider Sony to have outplayed MS in the area of marketing? Of course, once both consoles are revealed it's quite doubtless that MS won't ramp up the marketing (and nearer to launch) but as of right now there's no question as to which has done the better job.

c4blMIX.gif

peetfeet

Love the idea of the LED strip.

Just add a section in the settings to switch on/off in certain circumstances and adjust the colour/intensity and everyone will be happy.

Ricky_R

It's not only the teaser. It's the strategy that, while simple, has been smarter than MS's so far. They've been one step ahead since they announced the reveal and MS seems to be going slower and by reaction, contrary to this gen where Sony was always reacting to what MS was doing.

I think they're playing a beautiful game indeed when it comes to marketing and PRing their next gen stuff.

Shtof

will be comprehensively outspent on marketing dollars... keep going. This is great tactics so far, I just hope they can keep it up once MS take the gloves off (and open the wallet)

Let's just say that the more marketing dollahs Microsoft spend on their box, the more blown up the console war will become. That means a lot of publicity for both Playstation and Xbox.

Ardenyal

c4blMIX.gif

meltdowns detected!

I hope the console is not too big, I don't have much space in general around my tv setup, only just enough for a 360 slim and a mac mini.

Top Bottom