• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Skii

Don't feel to badly. It happens all the time to me too. I try not to play solo for comp anymore because I always got the short end of the stick. Either someone dropping, someone throwing the match, people bickering, and I couldn't fathom this crap going on for the other team. I always felt very unlucky too.

It's not even an issue of climbing anymore. I just want even games where my team had a chance. I think only 1/3 losses now for me is down to actual performance and not down to team mates throwing/leaving.

Sande

���� Is exploiting this and the mei wall glitch a bannble offense?
Yes.

Jeff Kaplan about Mei wall glitch said:
We will be taking action against those who abused this exploit. Overwatch is a PvP experience so that means exploiting game mechanics like this comes at a cost to those you are competing against. We take aggressive action against people who abuse game mechanics, hack or cheat. This case is no different.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752459036#post-16

xaosslug

Pharah somehow entered the level geometry and is shooting from there.

Sombra exploit. You can use sombra to get behind the walls in spawn, then you can switch to another character like pharah. Once you're pharah, you can traverse the whole map behind the walls without anyone being able to touch you. Hanzo may the only hero that can stop this exploit because his ult goes thru the wall.

EDIT: This exploit has already been reported to blizzard numerous times, they are aware of it, do not attempt unless you want your ass banned. They straight up consider this and the Mei exploit cheating on par with hacking/aimbot/autofire.

ooooh, I thought she was just invisible. LOL

I fully expect Bastion's dance emote to be him quizzically looking at a dancing Ganymede, flying atop his head.
dancing.jpg~c200

I like

OT8| World of Tanks
OT8| Your Money is Gay Now

OT8| Tanks love, the cavalry's here!

Meccs

I have made a note for every win and loss over the last week. Solo queue on payload maps is roughly Defense: ~70% wins and Attack: 30% wins
Defense is mostly stomps while Attack can be close but usually stop a few meters before the end because of the dreadful map design and spawn placement.
What I don't understand is why I'm getting 2/3 of the games Attack.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
What's a typical Symmetra/Torb defense composition, anyway? I keep hearing about that but I've almost never seen it. There's sometimes one or the other on defense, but not both.

antitrop

What's a typical Symmetra/Torb defense composition, anyway? I keep hearing about that but I've almost never seen it. There's sometimes one or the other on defense, but not both.
Ana/Symmetra/Torbjorn/Rein/Roadhog/Soldier, something like that.

Roadhog and Soldier have self-heals, which lets Ana have an easier go at solo healing. You could also take a Mei in place of the Soldier, but that puts more pressure on the Roadhog to be outputting the heavy DPS.

ZangBa

idk what happened to the colours but this looks like some five nights at freddy's shit

mess @ the clip tho lmao

Yeah, sorry, I didn't know what I was doing. I used Share factory so maybe something went wrong there, idk. My perspective had to be cut because of length but I assure you it was dumb.

Snagret

Route 66, we have a pretty good team comp on defense (me playing Ana, we have a rein, dva, s76, lucio, and phara), we defend pretty well, but end up losing each crucial team fight at the very end of each point up until the third one where we run the clock down about 20 feet from the final spot.

Switch to attack, our Lucio switches to Genji, our dva switches to widowmaker. I ask for a second healer at least, then our Rein switches to torb and our s76 switches to Hanzi. Literal nightmare comp. No one saying anything on the mics either. I thought they were just faking me out so I didn't push anyone to change, the game starts and they all just run out there as those characters with me as the only healer. At this point I just sigh and basically call this one a loss...

And then we fucking won the game. Everyone focused on a single enemy at a time and just wittled them down. The enemy team started trickling in instead of regrouping and they NEVER recovered after the first team fight they lost. They just kept running in, one at a time and getting murdered. Their hanzo, who was doing the most damage to us in the previous round, couldn't hit us reliably anymore because we all were on characters with much smaller hitboxes.

It was the most ridiculous match I've had in this game by far, I can't even really make sense of it. When our team had a more balanced comp it felt like we were fighting on pretty even terms (in regards to skill level), then we switch to snipers and fucking torbjorn and just stomp them.

I fully expect Bastion's dance emote to be him quizzically looking at a dancing Ganymede, flying atop his head.
dancing.jpg~c200

OT8| Tanks love, the cavalry's here!
Bastion already has a dance enote, it's him doing the robot. The only reason I know this is because it's the only emote I bought lol

NeoRaider

Never tried uploading and posting a gif before so here's my attempt. This shit is dumb lol.

giphy.gif

And then we have Hog mains crying and wanting back this broken piece of shit hook. I can't fucking believe it that Blizzard is fixing it more than half year after the game was released.

Akuun

Route 66, we have a pretty good team comp on defense (me playing Ana, we have a rein, dva, s76, lucio, and phara), we defend pretty well, but end up losing each crucial team fight at the very end of each point up until the third one where we run the clock down about 20 feet from the final spot.

Switch to attack, our Lucio switches to Genji, our dva switches to widowmaker. I ask for a second healer at least, then our Rein switches to torb and our s76 switches to Hanzi. Literal nightmare comp. No one saying anything on the mics either. I thought they were just faking me out so I didn't push anyone to change, the game starts and they all just run out there as those characters with me as the only healer. At this point I just sigh and basically call this one a loss...

And then we fucking won the game. Everyone focused on a single enemy at a time and just wittled them down. The enemy team started trickling in instead of regrouping and they NEVER recovered after the first team fight they lost. They just kept running in, one at a time and getting murdered. Their hanzo, who was doing the most damage to us in the previous round, couldn't hit us reliably anymore because we all were on characters with much smaller hitboxes.

It was the most ridiculous match I've had in this game by far, I can't even really make sense of it. When our team had a more balanced comp it felt like we were fighting on pretty even terms (in regards to skill level), then we switch to snipers and fucking torbjorn and just stomp them.
It sounds like their team was just worse if they were endlessly trickling in piecemeal.

Also maybe your Hanzo and Widow could actually aim. Whenever I see anyone picking a sniper hero they can rarely actually hit anything, and then we just every fight due to low DPS.

antitrop

Yeah, not grouping up is worse than any Quick Play-tier trash composition you can have.

Here is me trying to get into the top 3 on the wall of shame.
I was there and the name change fucked it all up :(

I'm not even on the list at all lol, I'm a ghost
My guess is that they didn't want her to be incredibly busted (such as how Granny is a cornerstone of the tank Meta). With that said, Sombra feels clunky to play, so I do hope the small buffs will make it less so.
My issue is they can buff her all they want to make her better but until they fix the things I mentioned she'll still feel clunky to play for me.

welcome to hell.

It takes a while for people to adapt to asymmetrical comps.
Bastion already has a dance enote, it's him doing the robot. The only reason I know this is because it's the only emote I bought lol

Huh. I was going to suggest that, and then I was like, "A robot doing the robot? That's too on the nose."

Ah well.

Yeah, sorry, I didn't know what I was doing. I used Share factory so maybe something went wrong there, idk. My perspective had to be cut because of length but I assure you it was dumb.
it's ok :p sorry if it came across as mean. just thought it was funny, i've never seen hollywood like that before lol

Akuun

It takes a while for people to adapt to asymmetrical comps.

Huh. I was going to suggest that, and then I was like, "A robot doing the robot? That's too on the nose."

Ah well.
The game seems to have no problem with being way too on the nose in general.

Tracer has that ridiculously over the top British accent.

The dark evil looking guy wears all black, has a death mask and is named Reaper.

The turret building guy is a dwarf with a huge beard who talks a lot about his armor and craftsmanship.

caesar

Banned
The game seems to have no problem with being way too on the nose in general.

Tracer has that ridiculously over the top British accent.

The dark evil looking guy wears all black, has a death mask and is named Reaper.

The turret building guy is a dwarf with a huge beard who talks a lot about his armor and craftsmanship.

You expected more? Blizzard have never been nuanced in the presentation department.

Akuun

You expected more? Blizzard have never been nuanced in the presentation department.
Nope, not at all surprised. This is how "new Blizzard" has been ever since SC2 came out.

This is the company that made the villain go "I love it when a plan comes together" completely unironically in Wings of Liberty.

literally every single fucking ranked game -

"That Pharah is killing us, can someone stop her"

nobody stops her

"wtf why are all our heals dying"

still no one stops her

Yeah, not grouping up is worse than any Quick Play-tier trash composition you can have.

That's basically why most solo queue comps fail on defense - lose the first attacking team battle and everyone just trickles in from spawn piecemeal until the game's over. Unless you get a lucky ult/team wipe, if people don't group up and pick a spot to defend it becomes impossible.

So I need a bit of advice.
My account decayed from 3550 to 3000. Should I play ranked or just wait for the next season? I normally don't like tons of grinding. Will I gain ranked points faster than normally?

Ocho

literally every single fucking ranked game -

"That Pharah is killing us, can someone stop her"

nobody stops her

"wtf why are all our heals dying"

still no one stops her

Pharahs sometimes are really good and hard to take down. I'm always the DPS frantically focusing her while their tanks/other DPS kill me. Sometimes even supports need to focus her (ana/zenn), it's a group effort thing.

KarmaCow

So I need a bit of advice.
My account decayed from 3550 to 3000. Should I play ranked or just wait for the next season? I normally don't like tons of grinding. Will I gain ranked points faster than normally?

I believe your hidden MMR doesn't decay so while it wont be trivial, it should be easier to get back to where you were unless you really bomb in your games and subsequently reduce the hidden MMR.

Top Bottom