• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Haven't been able to complete ONE single round tonight because the fucking host keeps leaving. It's so fucking annoying. This is like my 8th match and nothing. Host migration can't come soon enough....

Had such an awesome time playing this game yesterday. Have found a fair few good people to play with over the last couple of months, and it's so much better when it's a good group.

The first time I got to be Jason in that lobby after playing for maybe 90 minutes, they all basically ganged up on me in a cabin a few houses up from the big lodge at Packanack.
There were Chads and Buggzy's stunning me with bats literally every 5 seconds, till I eventually thought fuck this and started blocking 90% of their hits.
One guy was trash talking beyond anything I've ever heard and it was too funny to get pissed off about even though he was saying some fucked up shit.
Killed his Kenny and then killed him again when he returned as Tommy to talk dat shit some more.

Ended up getting all of them in the end. I must have gotten to rage mode by like 6 minutes in due to all the stun time they were getting on me.
Felt good to still end up with 7/8 (one person left or got dc'd early in game) after they had went to those lengths. They remarked afterwards that most people would have probably ragequit haha.
I head punched all but the last 2 who got longer grab kills, but feel like that was fair enough in this situation.

Later on I was host in a lobby with 3 or 4 people and it was a pretty boring game for the most part, until I ended up being the last survivor with maybe 8-10 minutes left.
I hadn't encountered Jason at all in the game at that point, but from the moment he first spotted my AJ it was just nonstop chaos (perhaps overstating it just a bit...)
Fucked with him so much, using a technique I had never seen before and that only occurred to me as being even attemptable through my sheer desperation.

Started off with a couple of pocket knives and firecracker, there was a med spray around too and I always have medic perk enabled so I felt pretty confident in being able to handle bizness.
Hit him with my flare gun and ended up in a cabin that had literally no melee weapon, he got a few slashes in on me and I wasn't able to heal so juked him in that cabin for a while until I spotted a bear trap in the corner.

Picked it up and ran out of the cabin, moderately bloodied up from the encounter. I placed the trap at a random spot in the middle of the road simply because I thought he was going to slash me to death if he caught up and my two pocket knives would be useless. Ran around in circles near the trap and tricked him into running into it, tee hee.

Grabbed trap and brought it with me to nearby cabin. Put it down in a random spot near the fireplace but didn't set it. Found a bat. He came towards me, I knocked him down with the bat and he was lying next to the trap which wasn't yet set up. I set it up while he was lying there, he stood up and immediately got trapped again. LOL.

Fucked with him some more in same cabin, ultimately breaking two bats and an axe over his face iirc. Every time I stunned him or knocked him down, I set that same trap right at his feet and he stood up (or moved forward if he was still standing after stun) and became trapped.
After maybe the 4th time he got caught in the same trap, I got the "Show yourself" XP message and realised that it had damaged him to the point that his mask had come off even though I hadn't hit his face to get to that stage (this was before I had found and used the axe also).

Was hobbling around without any med spray in sight for the last 3-4 minutes, stunned him with fire poker. Pretty sure I caught him in the trap a 5th time. 2 mins remaining message came up.
Stunned him then found a wrench which was the only melee weapon in that cabin and I was way too injured to relocate at that point.
I tried to wait till he came out of the previous stun to hit him, didn't work so I swung and missed like 3 times, then he grabbed me and I'd used my pocket knives by then, so it was game over with maybe 60-90 seconds left.

Probably didn't do it justice at all in how I described it here, but I was pretty mindblown that knocking Jason down (or simply stunning him) and setting a trap near his legs worked every time. Definitely going to do this in the future especially with Jasons that I want to troll/anger.
Maybe it's not a totally unheard of thing but I've played the fuck out of this game and got to level 101 about 3 weeks ago and never seen this done before...

tl;dr - hit Jason with a bat (or anything with good stun), set a bear trap at his feet whether he's standing or knocked down, he'll almost certainly become trapped the second he comes out of stun. Lols sure to ensue.

Drencrom

Haven't been able to complete ONE single round tonight because the fucking host keeps leaving. It's so fucking annoying. This is like my 8th match and nothing. Host migration can't come soon enough....

Host migration should be the the devs biggest priority at this point.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Host migration should be the the devs biggest priority at this point.

It really should. It and the assholes getting out of bounds are the two biggest cancers on the game when playing randoms. I'm just grateful I have a really good group of friends who I play with. Even in matchmaking when we're short a person or two we manage to have fun.

Sephzilla

It's gotten to the point where within the first 30 seconds you can already tell if you're going to have a good game or a bad game.

Also it seems like a lot of people are going back to using Part 2 and Part 3 Jason, which makes me groan because those are the least fun Jasons to go up against.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
It's gotten to the point where within the first 30 seconds you can already tell if you're going to have a good game or a bad game.

Also it seems like a lot of people are going back to using Part 2 and Part 3 Jason, which makes me groan because those are the least fun Jasons to go up against.

Oh you always can. Either they make start heading out to the water to stand on rocks, head to the overpass area to get out of the map, or they start killing other counselors. So yea within 30 seconds you know.

HiiiLife

This game has the worst community I've had the misfortune of dealing with. And I thought I dealt with a lot of griefers in Siege and Overwatch

Voorhees

This game has the worst community I've had the misfortune of dealing with. And I thought I dealt with a lot of griefers in Siege and Overwatch

Join a couple FB groups. Hell come join a team and play for prizsd. Do a FB group search for Friday the 13th Pamela Voorhees Memorial Invitational Team Tournament and join. Last tournament the creator/organizer gave a signed Kane Hodder mask to the tournament's best Jason and t-shirts to the winning team.

You know what would actually be a good idea for Part 5 Jason?

He can't teleport, he can't shift, he can sense, but in their place, he can actually pick up weapons and do what the counselors do in general (drive cars, boats, etc etc)

Sephzilla

Oh you always can. Either they make start heading out to the water to stand on rocks, head to the overpass area to get out of the map, or they start killing other counselors. So yea within 30 seconds you know.

Or alternatively you see how the map layout is and can immediately tell it's going to be rough. If the phone box spawns near the 4 seater it's basically GG for the counselors.

HiiiLife

Add in reboot Jason which lets you sprint. Get rid of the teleport and shift but keep sense and stalk.

It'd be hilarious and terrifying seeing Jason sprinting at you like a madman. Like a berserker off Gears.

Sephzilla

Add in reboot Jason which lets you sprint. Get rid of the teleport and shift but keep sense and stalk.

It'd be hilarious and terrifying seeing Jason sprinting at you like a madman. Like a berserker off Gears.

I'm really torn on this idea because on the one side, if Jason sees you it's pretty much GG because then there's absolutely no way you're escaping him. On the other hand, yeah, that would be terrifying as fuck and if you were on the other side of the map you would be pretty safe.

I generally hate the Jasons that can run though.

The Friday The 13th game site just got updated, here is some new and interesting news.

New Playable Jason

More information on this Jason will be available once announced. Come back soon for more details!

Available: TBD

Two New counselors

Two new counselors added to the roster. Fresh meat for our mask wearing friend. Will these be totally new counselors, walking the trails of Crystal Lake for the first time? Or we will be welcoming back some familiar faces to Camp Blood? Hang around here and our social feeds for the announcement.

Spring Break 1984 Clothing Pack Info

Regular Price: $3.99 Limited Time 50% Off Price: $1.99

Available: SOON

New Clothing Pack

Ah, come on…Everyone likes a secret! Right?

*(content and timeline subject to change) *

New Playable Map

Did you guys really think we weren’t working on new maps? The previously announced smaller maps were just the start. We have new maps already in production, with this one coming sooner than you might think. This playable map is ripped straight from the films. Stay tuned to see the reveal of this new map.

Price: FREE!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
CpT6hPs.jpg

Holy shit!

Check all the sections

http://www.f13game.com/patch-notes/next-patch/

jkUHBXJ.jpg

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Finally, we'd like to list off the upcoming patch notes for our patch that will go live to all three platforms at the same time. The date isn't set just yet, but we're in cert right now and as soon as we have confirmation we'll launch this patch for Steam, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to all players.

I didn't realise till very recently that you can drop items while Jason is grabbing you, before the kill animation starts. I tried it when I had the keys and was surprised that it works. Good if you have something like the phone fuse and are worried that it'll glitch if you die with it on you.

A bit concerned about teamkilling being removed after seeing some moron glitch out of the map with the gas and keys the other night while spectating. He and his friend who was also glitching were the sole survivors, then he killed the lobby in between the "You died" screen and the xp screen. Not that xp means a thing to me with the level cap and all, but still - what a cunt.

It will be infuriating to not be able to do anything to deter lowlife motherfuckers like that one from doing shit like this. Then again, in this case you'd have had to glitch out of the map yourself to get him, so theoretically they can do this and be safe 90% of the time even if teamkilling was still a thing.

I made a second PSN account last week and a couple of people on my main account friends list randomly added me on the new account (which is meant to be a "character" of sorts). I just accepted their adds and didn't let on that it was me. One of them is an annoying teenager who added me a few weeks ago and sends me all these dumb messages during games bragging about how good he is at the game, and telling me I'm a "tryhard" Jason, even though he morphs to the lodge at Packanack the second the game starts before even picking up the knives in the shack, slashes or asphyxiates every one to death, and when he gets stunned or knocked down you can always hear him smashing the x button on his controller through his mic...

I guess I find it funny observing someone who is so insecure and ego driven, and I remind myself that I was plenty flawed at that age too and still am. Still though, at times I can't help but want to teach him a little humility (the other day, he evaded a Jason who got 0 kills throughout the whole game, then he went into this rant at the end about how he's a "winner" and the other guy was a loser and then said that he was too good for this game before the host closed the lobby presumably out of annoyance). I lol'd when some other player kicked him from a party and angrily exclaimed "He's so fucking annoying".

Anyway, playing with him on my second account was interesting - the first game he was doing his "flying" glitch (basically what it would look like if a cerebral palsy sufferer was capable of flight...) the whole time. The second game he was Jason and late in the game one of his friends snitched to him about where I was which I heard through the walkie talkie. The other guy started trying to kill me, then they tried to double team me - mostly evaded their hits and they actually hit each other inadvertently more than they got me, though in the end I died. I still need to get the other guy back who I think was the worse of the two (the next game they got killed by Jason and I heard the other guy sheepishly and very quietly saying things like "Do you want to leave", "let's just leave", "we should just leave bro" then they eventually fucked off).

I was in another game with my little friend on the new account a day or two later, played one game normally but he was being irritating as fuck the whole time and started sending me messages like "Fix ur wifi" (was host) because his ping is shit due to his own bandwidth usage but he refuses to acknowledge that the problem is on his end, despite everyone else Australia based having good ping.

I chose random counselor for the next game and got Bugzy. I found a walkie really early in the game and could hear him talking mad shit and being the most annoying little cunt on the planet. Long story short, I ended up in a cabin with him as Jason approached, he jumped out the window then as he was about to jump back in I shot him right in the face. It was fucking hilarious. He came back as Tommy shortly after and more lols ensued. I hid in a closet in a small cabin, then muted him so I could concentrate without his whiny voice grating on my nerves.

Another Bugzy came in and tried to hit me through the closet with a bat. There was already a trap at the now broken front door. I kept checking the map every few seconds to work out where everyone was relative to me. Left hiding spot and grabbed the trap, set it just inside the window that they had been jumping in to try and get at me which was just to the right of the closet.

In the maybe 10 seconds I was out of the closet, grabbing and resetting the trap - Tommy had sprinted desperately to the cabin I was in, he tried to shoot me and missed just as I re-entered the closet. The other Bugzy returned shortly after, jumped in through the window right into the trap. Lol. Jason came and killed him.
I left the closet and let Jason kill me shortly after. Spectated Tommy glitching in the water till the game ended. Watched this back later and found it even funnier the second, third, fourth (and so on) times.

Stoked about all the new content! I would love if it was Part 5 "Roy" Jason, or a Part 4 Jason that felt notably different to Part 3 even if their appearance was quite similar. Would love a map based on any of the movies from Part 4-8.

This actually upsets me. This is the one thing he should logically be able to block
I see it as a distraction like fireworks. It's not like a flare to the chest should stop him. The block was way too op. Counselors have no chance when he's in combat mode with all the things it blocked.

TitusTroy

what is the state of the game on PC?...when it first came out people said to wait 2-3 months for the game to sort out the bugs and server issues...has it reached it's potential?...how does it compare to Dead by Daylight which I heard has improved a lot in a year since it initially launched (on PC)

Finaika

what is the state of the game on PC?...when it first came out people said to wait 2-3 months for the game to sort out the bugs and server issues...has it reached it's potential?...how does it compare to Dead by Daylight which I heard has improved a lot in a year since it initially launched (on PC)

Most people say this is much better than Dead by Daylight.

I have lost count of how many times I've gotten a blue screen tonight while being host or party leader and trying in vain to get a game happening. It would be at least 7-9 times though. People either lag out or the game crashes or both. Why is this happening so much today? It's extremely frustrating.

Will the Spring Break DLC pack be free or KS backers? I'm kinda pissed that the so-called KS backer exclusive outfits were just 1 simple re colour of an existing outfit...

SpotAnime

I think I'm ready for this. Was waiting for the bugs to get ironed out and seems like it's better now.

Player counts are garbage on PC currently. 2k peak last 24 hours, down from 16k in May. Is the PS4 player base any better in terms of quantity/quality?

I think I'm ready for this. Was waiting for the bugs to get ironed out and seems like it's better now.

Player counts are garbage on PC currently. 2k peak last 24 hours, down from 16k in May. Is the PS4 player base any better in terms of quantity/quality?

Quality has gotten worse. I haven't played in about 2 weeks but I was having constant host quits and team killers by that point. The host quits drove me nuts. The team killers were annoying but manageable. As for quantity, I mostly had full games. Not sure how else to measure quantity on PS4.

Gradon

I've preordered the physical copy of this for October, very excited to jump into it as I'm a big fan of DBD and I've heard good things.

Top Bottom