• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Aters

I could not stand the "exploration" in the first game. Clicking on everything on the screen is just so boring. The inventory gives me headache too. The combat is cool and the story is intriguing, but I just can't bring myself to finish it.

I think it's time for me to just give up on CRPG. If a turn-based one can't hold my interest, I don't know what can.

Bread

Banned
Just got on the boat and I have a question
it separated me from my followers and gave me a couple things out of their inventory, what about the rest of the stuf i left with them? if i go and hire them back will they still have everything?

Wait, is it possible to complete Act 1 without
going to Braccus' Vault and entering the Hall of Echoes? It seems like the game doesn't force that encounter and you can get a purge wand from the witch in the blood rose cave.

What are some "MUST DO" things in Act 1 before I get into the final battle with
Alexander?

I am literally on the steps looking at him but I feel like I missed a ton of shit. I am lvl 6 right now.

There was a cave somewhere with a cursed lever, I can't remember where it is now but is that lever something I can fix with the purge ability of the wand? I only have 2 charges left on it after taking down the two shriekers leading to the final boss.

You need to use the
the bless skill which you should have if you did what I put in my spoiler post above.

going to Braccus' Vault and entering the Hall of Echoes? It seems like the game doesn't force that encounter and you can get a purge wand from the witch in the blood rose cave.

Act 1
Skipping the Vault might be possible, but the Hall of Echoes is unavoidable. I had my save bug and think I didn't visit it, so Malady just sent me there during her first conversation. (aka said she would, then I just re-entered the conversation and everything was OK. Was weird.) You have to talk to her to board the Vengeance.

aravuus

Don't even need
a purge wand. I teleported/tactical retreated/etc. everyone over the shrieker zone lol. Had no idea what I was supposed to do with them.

Act 1
Skipping the Vault might be possible, but the Hall of Echoes is unavoidable. I had my save bug and think I didn't visit it, so Malady just sent me there during her first conversation. (aka said she would, then I just re-entered the conversation and everything was OK. Was weird.) You have to talk to her to board the Vengeance.

So that would mean that you wouldn't get access to Source abilities until a fair bit later? Man, this game....

Jisgsaw

So, concerning the cat in act 1,
does the MC always get the seummon, or is there a way to give it to my actual summoner?

Aaron D.

Can anyone point me to a Graphics Settings optimization guide? Or maybe some tips?

Performance isn't too bad (30-40 fps) but I'd like to get out in front of it as I haven't gotten into any big battles yet with lots of affects popping off.

I read somewhere that Light Shadows toggle was a big frames-eater.

I dropped Texture Filtering from 16 to 8.

And I changed AA from default SMAA to FXAA.

Anything else I should adjust for more performance?

Okay,
and who does it decide to follow? And I'm guessing this was way back at the start of Fort joy, so no way to change it over?

I'm not really sure how it decides. When I had the Red Prince in my party it ran to him every time. I don't believe there's any way to transfer it over to someone else.

spad3

Bought this yesterday and played it until 3am with a couple buddies.

Me: the Red Prince as a Metamorph with persuasion and luck.
Friend 1: Sebille as a Battlemage with barter
Friend 2: Fane as Shadowblade with lockpick

After the intro, Friend 1 accidentally
pickpocketed the lady that breaks you out of your shackles and we were forced to fight her, so we ended killing the tutorial lady.

This game is amazing. The fact that everything is so freeform and unrestricted makes it so unbelievably overwhelming but epic at the same time. Can't wait to spend hundreds of hours exploring and playing all the various classes and stories.

Edit: Fucking guard killed the cat that was following me around. Gonna level up today and raze that guard tower to the ground.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Your class that you choose at the beginning of the game determines what weapons you receive on the boat (you get crappy versions), where your starting attribute and skill points are set, and default skill sets. You are free to change this in the character creator as you wish, other than the starting gear. As you progress through the game, you can put your attribute and skill points wherever you want, to become what you want.

Start with a Str/Con focused fighter? Put more points into Int as you level up along with Aerothurge and become a battlemage.

The classes are basically nothing more than preset skills for you to start with, but you can customize them as you please.

OK, this is what I was thinking, thanks.

spad3

It's given to whoever it decides to follow.

Okay,
and who does it decide to follow? And I'm guessing this was way back at the start of Fort joy, so no way to change it over?

I'm not really sure how it decides. When I had the Red Prince in my party it ran to him every time. I don't believe there's any way to transfer it over to someone else.

I think it's given to whoever invests highest in luck.

Bought this instantly when I saw it was out.
Been planning to play couch coop with a friend, is it possible to do so with kb/m+DS4?
I believe split screen will only work with the controller interface. At the start screen before the main menu you pick controller or kb/m and that's the interface that loads.

Alastor3

Can anyone point me to a Graphics Settings optimization guide? Or maybe some tips?

Performance isn't too bad (30-40 fps) but I'd like to get out in front of it as I haven't gotten into any big battles yet with lots of affects popping off.

I read somewhere that Light Shadows toggle was a big frames-eater.

I dropped Texture Filtering from 16 to 8.

And I changed AA from default SMAA to FXAA.

Anything else I should adjust for more performance?

I also want to know about this.

Reani

it just dawned on me that in persuasion dialogues you should NOT pick your highest stat. you should actually read what text says and if its suitable in convo because that is the main thing npcs look at.

minor act 2 sidequest spoiler
you'll find lamp with djinn on the beach.
you can persuade him to grant you a wish with finesse, wits, intelligence. funny thing is, no matter what you pick you'll always pass the check. but depending on your answer he will either give you normal reward or "twisted" reward.
my highest attribute was finesse and i kept getting screwed.
picked my lowest attribute - that was the correct answer and finally i got proper reward

Xeteh

I wish this game had an undo option in combat. Maybe restrict it so you couldn't abuse it trying to effectively savescum in fights but the amount of times I've wasted a turn because the enemy was hard to click on with an attack and I just walked over instead is more than I'd care to admit.

Wish there was a note taking function and the ability to put text labels on the map.

image.php

It's still real obtuse.

kromeo

It's annoying that if you stop in town for any length of time to sort items, skills etc you get stuck listening to the same line of dialogue 50 times in a row from someone. Not as bad as in the first game but still...

image.php

It's still real obtuse.

? I wasn't disagreeing with you. I'm saying that a note taking tab or map labels (not pins) would at least help the user compensate for the quest log.

Unless the joke is on me and both of those things are in the game.

Just curious, has anyone discovered a resurrection skill book? Is it possible to craft one?

I've heard there is no Resurrection skill this time out. Presumably to make sure that every player death has some kind of "cost" involved.

About to tackle the
Aetera fight
at the very end of the Blackpits mines again in Act 2, any tips from anyone who has done it yet?

And I beat it, another hard fight but I'm really glad for my monster-hitting spider and my tank's spider legs ability. For real though, enweb such a hard CC tool I recommend everyone get a polymorph character to learn it. Goes through both Physical and Magical Armor, aint nothing can escape it.

MikeBison

I'm decently stocked with resurrection scrolls. But what happens if a character dies and you can't get one or get back to them with one? Do they stay in the same spot forever? Don't ever want to get to the point where that happens, obviously.

Bread

Banned
It's annoying that if you stop in town for any length of time to sort items, skills etc you get stuck listening to the same line of dialogue 50 times in a row from someone. Not as bad as in the first game but still...
huh? this doesn't happen to me at all

Is there any way to reliably get Essences? They seem incredibly rare but they are the base component for a lot of good stuff (elemental arrows, scrolls, etc).

AndersK

At least it's not NO MAN IS A RICH AS THE MAN WITH MAANYY CHEESES every 2 seconds.

Type2

So when I get to my respec point I'm gonna make sure I have a little overlap as possible.
Is there any reason to go dual wand vs staff? Just wondering if my blaster mage is better off with wands and my support with a staff.
My summoner could also just go bows if that's a decent combo and ignore int.

Tovarisc

Where is vendor for Scoundrel skills in Act 2?

Either I haven't found it yet or can't remember for life of me where it's.

Edit: Started to check NPC's. Papa in The Inn.

Edit: Thanks for reply Xeteh

Top Bottom