• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Carm

Alright, I'm confused about something in regards to combos and I guess cancelling or finishing into special moves.

I just got Black Adams Deity Bolt that replaces Black Magic. I went into practice mode to see how it combines with combos and I'm running into something confusing.

Hopefully I have this numbering system right:

Deity Bolt is d,b+1

I'm doing the 1,1,2 combo and I'm trying to meter burn into Deity Bolt off the third hit. It doesn't seem to be a valid way to finish that, but that's not what I'm confused about. Sometimes when trying this a different move comes out.

For some reason the b+3 meter burn comes out and I've never touched the 3 button. Is that intentional or is both my controllers fubared

Just doing 1,1 and that b+3 comes out as well trying to do d,b+1 at the end.

Negative Edge and Input Shortcuts are already off.

Starting to think it's intentional, it's doing it on 2,2 then trying a different special move and b+3 is coming out.

Edit: Yea, this is intentional, doing 2,2 and then d, b+meterburn is doing it and doing d,f+meterburn does overhead smash.

Just not timing pushing 2 to get out Black magic/Deity Bolt.

Can anyone tell me how to do that Superman combo which ends with a freeze breath? Its nowhere in the game's move list, but I did it a few times while mashing buttons lol. And my AI does it regularly too.

Alright, I'm confused about something in regards to combos and I guess cancelling or finishing into special moves.

I just got Black Adams Deity Bolt that replaces Black Magic. I went into practice mode to see how it combines with combos and I'm running into something confusing.

Hopefully I have this numbering system right:

Deity Bolt is d,b+1

I'm doing the 1,1,2 combo and I'm trying to meter burn into Deity Bolt off the third hit. It doesn't seem to be a valid way to finish that, but that's not what I'm confused about. Sometimes when trying this a different move comes out.

For some reason the b+3 meter burn comes out and I've never touched the 3 button. Is that intentional or is both my controllers fubared

Just doing 1,1 and that b+3 comes out as well trying to do d,b+1 at the end.

Negative Edge and Input Shortcuts are already off.

Starting to think it's intentional, it's doing it on 2,2 then trying a different special move and b+3 is coming out.

Edit: Yea, this is intentional, doing 2,2 and then d, b+meterburn is doing it and doing d,f+meterburn does overhead smash.

Just not timing pushing 2 to get out Black magic/Deity Bolt.

This happens to me all the time. I'll be playing Scarecrow and do a combo wanting to cancel into d, b+2 but it'll do his windmill attack instead of the skill I want. I think it's happened to me a few times on Harley as well.

Game just has weird timings I think.

I swear it seems like this game knows which epic item you need and refuses to give it up. I've got 98 fricken pieces of gear for Harley and not a single epic item for her head. I don't even get how this is possible.
Heads up: two Harley epic multiverses up now (big one with plenty of epics to earn, especially if you complete the objectives, another a single epic item).

Do you work for NRS or something cause I don't even see half the info you post on TYM ?

Lol, I'm not trying to knock your hustle whatever the case cause you've been very helpful sharing info. I appreciate it.
Nah, I work at a cinema so I have a lot of time between showings to check twitter etc.

Hey this is what I used to do lol. I actually miss that job.
Pretty nice now during the summer. We open at 14:30 so I can do whatever I want until then. We're also the cinema in Stockholm where all the press showings are which is kind of funny when we have movies like Baywatch which everyone comes out mad at and then have Wonder Woman the day after which gets so much praise.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It seems damn near impossible to get a good strength/defense roll on an item. Almost always one extreme or the other in my experience.

I only have about 20 and I'm not sure I know how to use them properly yet.

:/
Head to Brother Eye Vault (ideally with a level 20 character). Choose a piece of gear under your current level (only worth it on Epics) and regenerate it so it boosts up to your current level.

You can get more in Multiverse events and for selling a certain number of rare gear pieces in bulk (seems like I've gotten 1-5 regen coins this way each time)

Razmos

Yeah I love the regen token mechanic. Just reached level 20 with Harley (My first level 20 woo) and regenerated her level 9-10 epics. Such a power boost.

Xeteh

Can anyone tell me how to do that Superman combo which ends with a freeze breath? Its nowhere in the game's move list, but I did it a few times while mashing buttons lol. And my AI does it regularly too.

It isn't in the combo list because its a special move. For any of the combos that cancelable you can input down, back triangle(Y) before the last attack comes out and cancel in to the freeze breath. For instance, foward, triangle, X, back down triangle.

Christ, I have 103 regen tokens.

I have 271. Bronze boxes are dumb.

Spinky

I just got Harley to level 20. Now I've got her, GL, Robin and Vixen maxed out (Cheetah doesn't exist).

But who in their right minds is gonna spend 10,000(!!!!!!!!!!) Source Crystals to automatically level up their character?

AdaWong

Catwoman outfits!

Regime (from Injustice 1)
DA2bdaJUIAA31TT.jpg:large

MK vs DC lmao

Razmos

Now that I have Harley at level 20 and have a full epic gear set for her, I feel like I can finally start contributing to the guild multiverse, sorry it took so long guild 5!

bubumiao

I won my pool and am in top 48 winners. Played mostly black canary.
Good luck. Was watching someone play as her earlier. I'd like to learn how to play her eventually. She's got some cool kicks ;)
Head to Brother Eye Vault (ideally with a level 20 character). Choose a piece of gear under your current level (only worth it on Epics) and regenerate it so it boosts up to your current level.

You can get more in Multiverse events and for selling a certain number of rare gear pieces in bulk (seems like I've gotten 1-5 regen coins this way each time)
Thanks. I'll try it out on some of my epics.

It isn't in the combo list because its a special move. For any of the combos that cancelable you can input down, back triangle(Y) before the last attack comes out and cancel in to the freeze breath. For instance, foward, triangle, X, back down triangle.

I have 271. Bronze boxes are dumb.

Thanks

I know people rave about fight sticks, but are they really that much better than controllers? Like, what are the advantages of them? Kind of want to get into fighting games more (though it's a bit late in my life, I'm like 26, all downhill from here) and am thinking about making the investment.

Xeteh

I know people rave about fight sticks, but are they really that much better than controllers? Like, what are the advantages of them? Kind of want to get into fighting games more (though it's a bit late in my life, I'm like 26, all downhill from here) and am thinking about making the investment.

They are entirely preference. Especially in NRS games where there are a ton of people who play on stick for every single fighting game play with a pad.

Kashiwaba

It's never too late i think some pro players started at your age or older.

Top Bottom