• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vanquish (PC) |OT| Steam Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Knees

Gideon.jpg

Almost there...
It would be hilarious if videogames did what Pakistan/India do to every visual of a cigarette to put a disclaimer that "smoking is injurious to health".

Do people play these games with a mouse/keyboard or controller (like the elite) ?

I can't really imagine playing Vanquish with a m+kb set up but that's mostly due to it only being on consoles till now. I suppose it would probably make the game easier though, like most third person shooters.

Anteater

I think the only thing I didn't like about Vanquish was the weapon variety. In usefulness, I mean, not in variety. Most of the more exotic stuff is either very limited in terms of ammo or is just too niche to be worth carrying in comparison to the more standard ballistic weapons. In particular, the assault rifle is going to be your go to weapon for 90% of the game, and while it shoots and feels fine it does make a lot of the fights start to feel samey unless you force yourself to mix it up. Fortunately Vanquish does a decent job of mixing up combat scenarios and presenting you with a variety of combat experiences but still, its all assault rifle all the time. the weapon upgrade system doesn't help either, since it rewards holding onto the same guns for long periods of time.

i used the LFE gun a lot for the knock down and crowd control, the chainsaw gun is good too to melee romanovs (while somehow using them as cover if you're recovering from overheat), shotgun melee is cool too if you charge it up, those guns are pretty cool and really help if you don't like to be behind cover

the only gun i don't use much was the laser one with the lock on, I think I only used it a few times on higher difficulties because I was getting owned from the enemy bullet spam so I used it to cheese one or two sections lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Unlocks in 2 hours in the uk according to the steam page.

Fuck..

3 hours (well, 2h50m). The timer will go from "... in approximately 2 hours" to "... in approximately 1 hour" and finally to "...in approximately less than an hour". It's not supposed to do that, of course ("... in approximately less than an hour" was supposed to replace "... in approximately 1 hour"), and Valve's known about the issue for at least ~six months now.

Shaneus

I'm going to bed soon, because it unlocks at midnight here in Australia. So I'd better wake up to a shitload of high res screens tomorrow morning!

NIN90

Do people play these games with a mouse/keyboard or controller (like the elite) ?
Always found the control scheme of boost on LB and ADS on LT to be super awkward (since a very common maneuver requires you to hold down both for extended periods of time) so I'm looking forward to MKB controls.

Mifec

All I know is, it's the 25th and I can't play

this is such bullshit. Don't even like this game.

;/ we better get Anarchy Reigns

This is the same time almost every game unlocks on steam. Games that unlock at 12am are in the minority.

3 hours (well, 2h50m). The timer will go from "... in approximately 2 hours" to "... in approximately 1 hour" and finally to "...in approximately less than an hour". It's not supposed to do that, of course ("... in approximately less than an hour" was supposed to replace "... in approximately 1 hour"), and Valve's known about the issue for at least ~six months now.

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification! Never knew steam(valve) time works that way. Though it does make the wait longer. :( Ah well Im just glad it releasing for the PC.

Mupod

Can't play until I get home, I feel like it's been just long enough that I've forgotten most of the game despite playing through it 3-4 times when it was new. Super curious about the port and how it plays with M+K, although I'll probably just use a pad.

I wonder if that's the next P* port.

For some reason I think it's either that, or Mad World

I wonder if Bayonetta is still broken as shit in that game. I only got a few online matches in before the 360 version was dead as hell but I was able to slap Darksydephil around a couple times so it was worth it.

Mad World was cool I guess but mostly because of the style, music and commentary. I felt more like I was putting up with the waggle controls than enjoying them. I still listen to the OST now and then, but I doubt that I'd buy it again.

Anyways, it'll never get a pc port but more people need to play Infinite Space.

It's pretty cool that this is actually coming out on PC after years of anticipation, the excitement is infectious. Hope it lives up to the hype.

(Clearly very different games, but) It seemed that Vanquish didn't click with a lot of people in a similar way to Quantum Break, both technically being cover-based TPSs but not actually meant to be played like one.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'll have a nice video and article up for Vanquish as soon as it hits. It's fascinating to compare with the original release, that's for sure.

Skyzard

Banned
Going to be my first time playing this. 1 hour left. Can't wait.

Wish there was a pre-load though. Do you think publishers have to pay steam extra for that?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Going to be my first time playing this.

1 hours left! Can't wait.

Wish there was a pre-load though. Do you think publishers have to pay steam extra for that?

Everything is provided free-of-charge, even retail keys. The only money Valve takes is its 30% cut of Steam Store/in-game Steam Wallet transactions.

Well for bayonetta they waited a couple weeks before dropping the surprise update so I expect the same here.

Aahh. Thanks to everyone for the info! I have this preconceived notion (more of a dream!) That someone will find a zoomed in image of the leather of Ryo Hazukis brown jacket in Shenmue haahaa.

Top Bottom