• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Leaked art work suggest COD 2017 will be called ‘Call of Duty: WWII

If Treyarch is Black Ops & Sledgehammer historical CoD, then IW should make...

Results are only viewable after voting.
out.gif

LordofPwn

So is activision just goin to announce their fall lineup next week? Also I've heard from a reliable source that Treyarch is working on Call of Duty 2018.

The Goat

What is it about WWII that people find so appealing for games? I don't understand it at all. BF1 was incredibly boring to me, especially coming from BF3 and 4, which btw are 2 of my most played MP games ever.

To each their own, I guess. But for me, it's always a step backwards when a series does this. I can't go back to the old tech and weapon feel.

Sande

That's hilarious. I guess some execs want absolutely no confusion on what it's about, series history be damned.

I'm actually pretty interested though.

Looks real and interesting. I'm honestly hoping the campaign gets political and educates people on fascism considering what's going on in the US right now.

Only issue is, you just know they're going to find a way to inject Supply Drops and wacky cosmetics.

If it weren't for that, I'd be elated right now.

I'm cautiously optimistic about a Call of Duty game for the first time in years. However, the insanely low TTK will likely kill my interest in the game.

Will still have a bunch of rng micro transactions though and doubt it will be as well balanced as COD 2 or 4-will play like the modern titles.

Just give me more of eastern front or/and something from maybe mainland China. So much unexplored territory for shooters.Of course more likely it's going to be mostly about western front with some pacific missions (US lead) like always...

Hip Hop

What is it about WWII that people find so appealing for games? I don't understand it at all. BF1 was incredibly boring to me, especially coming from BF3 and 4, which btw are 2 of my most played MP games ever.

To each their own, I guess. But for me, it's always a step backwards when a series does this. I can't go back to the old tech and weapon feel.

For me, we've been stuck in modern/future stuff for so long, it's refreshing to go back in eras. And also, I want another WW2 COD post COD 4.

We only got one with World at War, and I really want another so bad!

This would be the first CoD I buy since MW2. I'm looking forward to the trend BF1 has no doubt started, didn't realize how much I've disliked the futuristic military stuff.

~Kinggi~

Banned
It i incredible the contrast between when people were begging to get the fuck away from WW2 as played out and now everyone is desperate to go back. good times.

Unless they drop the crate thing with weapons going on with the last 2 titles I'm still out. Also a non-treyarch title doesn't help (for me).

It i incredible the contrast between when people were begging to get the fuck away from WW2 as played out and now everyone is desperate to go back. good times.

It's been a loooong loooong time. The actual WW2 fad was way shorter than the anti-WW2 one.

kyo2004

If back to the roots means CoD 2 gameplay style, i'm in

(who am I kidding?, Activision always find a way to destroy our hopes... XD)

GrizzNKev

Banned

strong urge to kill nazis

also the mechanical complexity of these games got way out of hand

AmyS

Hip Hop

Can't wait until we beg for modern/futuristic once again.

Until then, bring on the WW2 shooters please.

Icolin

Banned
On the nose name, that's for sure.

Eagerly anticipating the reveal trailer. Haven't been this interested in a new COD for awhile, despite the fact I've bought all of them to date (even the shitty one on Vita).

I'm so excited! Please be true!

Maybe the era of obnoxiously fast wall running, jet packing, console shooters is over! Let's go back to the times of COD2 and Halo 1/2/3 style console shooters please!

Ah man I want a straight up Vietnam COD, but if this is true it would be cool seeing all those WWII locations again with improved visuals. Hopefully they change up the objectives to avoid "planting sticky grenades on tanks"

Only issue is, you just know they're going to find a way to inject Supply Drops and wacky cosmetics.

If it weren't for that, I'd be elated right now.

Those are exactly my sentiments. They are in a tough spot; having a for real back-to-basics COD would make me so happy, but I don't think that they'd be able to sell it for $60 to the more casual audience. I don't see a COD of the old days co-existing with every other MP game, with how trends have been and such. Paul marketing would have the biggest fit and it's probably not creatively fulfilling for the devs to make one by the books. Although, it could be the one thing that sets them apart from the others. We'll just have to wait and see :)

Mikey Jr.

You know the best part?

No fucking double jumps. No wall running. No god damn predator missiles hitting you 24/7. No wall hacking, etc.

zeelman

i'm probably one of the few who is not excited for this

I didn't think we would have WWII games again after how much people whined about them. The way people complain about Sci-fi CODs is nothing in comparison; we just have better ways to show our disapproval.

Sande

10 years can change things.

All this time I've been utterly baffled by how consistently publishers kept sucking time periods dry one by one with shooters. Looks like we might finally get an end to that.

Top Bottom