• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

rpbtz

So my "signed" Ninja Gaiden arrived... But it's sealed, with no indication that it's actually signed at all. No way I'm opening it to find out it's the wrong one....

Anyone else?

Got mine today - also signed. The signed certificate is inside the box, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

RaidenZR

So my "signed" Ninja Gaiden arrived... But it's sealed, with no indication that it's actually signed at all. No way I'm opening it to find out it's the wrong one....

Anyone else?

Got mine today - also signed. The signed certificate is inside the box, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

DHL didn't leave at my door, like I requested on their site in advance... sigh...
They are attempting re-delivery tomorrow. Customer service lady assured me the note to leave at my door is on file now. Let's hope...

Dan-o

Alright cool. I'll crack it open when I'm done work again. I was just worried because any other signed items I've received in my time have all been unsealed in advance. Thought it was strange to see this one wrapped, especially with no identifier on it.

Anyway, you've put my mind at ease. :)

RaidenZR

Alright cool. I'll crack it open when I'm done work again. I was just worried because any other signed items I've received in my time have all been unsealed in advance. Thought it was strange to see this one wrapped, especially with no identifier on it.

Anyway, you've put my mind at ease. :)

You know you just jinxed yourself, right?
Haha

rpbtz

A little more info on Bayou Billy from STS:
DE9n5FkXYAAOLWD.jpg:small

Data Discs just sent an email

SONIC MANIA
Just in time for Sonic's 26th Anniversary and to celebrate the launch of his newest adventure, SEGA and Data Discs are proud to announce the official Sonic Mania vinyl album.

The Sonic Mania LP features 16 new tracks by composer Tee Lopes, as well as new gatefold art featuring Sonic, Tails & Knuckles exploring the lush vistas of Green Hill Zone Act 2. The vinyl album is a must-have for any fan or Sonic music aficionado, and a gorgeous addition to any Sonic collection.

Sonic Mania is a single LP packaged in a heavyweight gatefold sleeve with UV spot varnish, featuring new artwork exclusive to this release, along with a printed inner sleeve featuring an array of characters from the game. The release also includes a download code of the album in both lossy and lossless formats. It is available in the following editions:

- 180g Clear with Blue, Red, Orange & Yellow Splatter (Limited Edition)

- 180g Translucent Blue

- 180g Classic Black

Available to pre-order from Saturday 22nd July at data-discs.com

Sample tracks:
"Lights, Camera, Action! (Studiopolis Act 1)"
"Hi-Spec Robo Go! (Hard Boiled Heavies Theme)"

HOW TO ORDER

Due to the very high demand for the SONIC MANIA limited edition, we are doing something a little different from our previous releases. As always, the limited edition will be exclusive to data-discs.com, but there won't be any password system for early access this time.

Instead, the limited edition will be available to pre-order for a set amount of time. The sale will begin at 8:00am (BST) on Saturday 22nd July and finish at 12:00pm (BST) on Monday 24th July. Anyone who pre-orders it during this period will be guaranteed a copy. Once this period is over, we will NOT accept any further orders of the limited edition. However, the other two editions will remain available. The records will then ship in September.
STREETS OF RAGE I & II

New reissues of both STREETS OF RAGE I (on translucent red) and STREETS OF RAGE II (this time on clear vinyl) will also be available to order from Saturday. Please note: these are both pre-order items and any orders containing them will ship by the end of AUGUST.

We hope you'll enjoy our latest offerings and we'll look forward to bringing you more releases very soon (including a big surprise!).

Yours,

Data Discs of London

Chinner

Banned
Seems like anyone who pre orders the limited edition this weekend will be guaranteed one. Really like this approach, basically any enthusiast will be able to get one without fighting the scalpers or collectors.

Good guys data disc.

Dan-o

Important bit about Sonic Mania:
HOW TO ORDER THE LIMITED EDITION

The limited edition is exclusive to our site and will only be available to pre-order for a set amount of time. The sale will begin at 8:00am (BST) on Saturday 22nd July and finish at 12:00pm (BST) on Monday 24th July. Anyone ordering during this period will be guaranteed a copy. Once this period is over, we will NOT accept any further orders of the limited edition. However, the other two editions will remain available.

Different method. I like it. Although, if my calculations are correct, it means it goes on sale at 2am Central Time(edit: Saturday!), until 6am (edit: Monday!). Looks like I'll be staying up late Friday night to get my order in. :D

Chinner

Banned
Important bit about Sonic Mania:

Different method. I like it. Although, if my calculations are correct, it means it goes on sale at 2am Central Time, until 6am. Looks like I'll be staying up late Friday night to get my order in. :D
Saturday to Monday if I read it correctly.

Shaneus

Called it.
It's a great idea, DD continue to be Label of the Forever.

Still over the moon they managed to get the release of Sonic Mania over all the other possibilities. Bodes well for other Sega-exclusive properties, both new and old.

Would buy the shit out of a Daytona and/or Virtua Racing (arcade or Genesis) release

BTails

With Contra this week as well, I might pass on Sonic Mania. At least for now... In a couple months when my wife's back from Mat Leave and we have a few extra bucks, maybe I'll pick it up.

Sorry DD, but Mondo gets my dollars this time.
Also, I'm still waiting for my Shenmue and Altered Beast shipment ;)

RaidenZR

Just got a shipping notification from Mondo for Super Castlevania IV - Gold & Bronze Split.

Fellow split purchasers, keep an eye out...

BTails

So what price (shipped) will Sonic likely be to the US? And are the LEs a premium or do they generally cost the same as the standards?

Can't comment on shipping since I'm in Canada (Though their international shipping to Canada is about the same as shipping from the US to Canada for some strange reason), but the Limited Editions are always the same price.

Also, my Castlevania IV shipped as well. Now I'm really worried, since I'm going away this weekend for two weeks. Damnit! Hehe.

Junk3t

Neo Member
Will the Undertale reprint fix Snowy?

my impression was that Snowy was cut a bit to fit the soundtrack on two lp's but I might be wrong. If Iam8bit were to admit it was a defect however that would mean they would have to replace every Undertale Ost which is unlikely to happen

Dan-o

my impression was that Snowy was cut a bit to fit the soundtrack on two lp's but I might be wrong. If Iam8bit were to admit it was a defect however that would mean they would have to replace every Undertale Ost which is unlikely to happen
It's like one second of audio that's missing. There's gaps between songs that are longer than that. I highly doubt it was done intentionally.
Nope, it's most definitely a defect with the entire pressing . They'd have to re-cut the master and I doubt they care enough to do that. They never even responded to my email about the issue.

RaidenZR

DHL delivered my signed Ninja Gaiden Box Set. While I didn't get a chance to listen to it yet, I did crack it open and sexily felt-up all the materials. Shout out to Brave Wave, as they did a really nice, hi-quality production and packaging job for a series that has great music. All that and delivered within a pre-order turn around time that was reasonable... Crazy how that works!

Anyways, will spin it this weekend, for sure. Now to wait patiently to order Contra and Sonic Mania this week...

DHL delivered my signed Ninja Gaiden Box Set. While I didn't get a chance to listen to it yet, I did crack it open and sexily felt-up all the materials. Shout out to Brave Wave, as they did a really nice, hi-quality production and packaging job for a series that has great music. All that and delivered within a pre-order turn around time that was reasonable... Crazy how that works!

Anyways, will spin it this weekend, for sure. Now to wait patiently to order Contra and Sonic Mania this week...
Amen to that!

Do you guys know any good protector sleeves for these big box sets? A 2xLP PET sleeve is just too small. I really want to keep this one in pristine condition.

RaidenZR

The Contra pressing isn't limited, right?

Mondo's blog post implies only the SDCC version being sold at that show is limited. The online one going up today isn't.

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/music-weekly-contra-original-video-game-soundtrack

MONDO said:
Hey everyone - this week we are proud to present the premiere vinyl release of the soundtrack to one of the greatest video games of all time: CONTRA!

A limited version of the record (pressed on Yellow, Orange & Red vinyl) will be premiering at our San Diego Comic-Con booth (#835), but we wanted to give CONTRA fans the opportunity to pick up the soundtrack online, too. When doors open for Preview Night this Wednesday at 8PM (CT), our Red & Blue version of the record will be available at mondotees.com.

Contra - Original Video Game Soundtrack LP. Music by Konami Kukeiha Club. Artwork by Eric Powell. Featuring both NES/FAMICOM and Arcade versions of the soundtrack. Pressed on 180 Gram Red & Blue Half-and-Half Vinyl. $25

Mondo is proud to celebrate the 30th anniversary of CONTRA franchise with the premiere vinyl soundtrack release of the classic shooter that started it all.

The year is 2633 and aliens have taken up base on Earth. It's up to Bill and Lance of the Contra unit to rescue the planet from the possible domination of the evil Red Falcon... It's a simple premise anchored with the intriguing original artwork that inspired allusions to the iconic imagery of '80s action stars. Still, despite its simple origins as a coin-consuming arcade platformer, it took the gaming world by storm when it hit home consoles and single-handedly defined the shooter for years to come.

The music is electrifying. Catchy, rhythmic, and iconic. 'Base Theme' and 'Snowfall' push the envelope of 8-Bit music, creating memorable, looping hooks that never overstay their welcome. CONTRA is a difficult game, and these ear-worms are always there to motivate you through endless deaths and continues.

Featuring both the NES/FAMICOM and the original Arcade version of the soundtracks, on two sides of a 180 Gram vinyl with all new original artwork by Eric Powell. Online version pressed on half-red half-blue vinyl. Our friends who are attending San Diego Comic-Con will be able to purchase a super limited tri-color version pressed on the colors of the iconic Contra 'C' (Yellow, Orange and Red).

On sale Wednesday (7/19) at 8PM (CT):
- Yellow, Orange, Red Vinyl (at San Diego Comic-Con, Booth #835)
- Red/Blue (online at mondotees.com)

Dan-o

Do you guys know any good protector sleeves for these big box sets? A 2xLP PET sleeve is just too small. I really want to keep this one in pristine condition.

I'd like to know this too! I've got maybe 4 or 5 sets that are too big for regular sleeves. Hoping I don't have to buy a pack of 50...

Lettuce

Yeah my Ninja Gaiden Collection turned up today, the packaging is top notch!!

So Contra is going on sale today, are DataDiscs stocking it like they did SC4?

Top Bottom