• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak: Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition

Kaydan

Banned
You usually don't unpack the interior of a car and throw the bodywork into the trash. It's a disposable paper box, in many cases it will have dings, scratches etc (doing its job), only weirdos are going to stick a box up for display.

I get your point but the initial unpacking experience is also very important to a lot of people. Hell look at how popular all these unboxing videos are on youtube.

Wedzi

Banned
Now all they need to do is say special discount for year 1 buyers (or hell for us $499 kinect bundle peeps). Come on uncle Phil!

Neith

Banned
Looks decent. I would almost buy this just for Forza. But I'm not quite rich enough. Windows 7 here for life.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
bhXAtp8.jpg

Less blurry, credit to reddit.
91Ao6Gs.jpg

Nobody cares whether they like the box or not. What is amusing is that it is a deciding factor on whether they buy the console or not.
You get people all the time on threads talking about how they don't like a cover art for some game or even the appearance of a Switch icon or handheld box.

Presentation matters to some people. It even goes to dumb lengths. Some just click like that.

Wedzi

Banned
I don't know if it has been mentioned here or not but Gamestop is going to be offering an exclusive trade in offer come Sunday for Xbox One X. It's listed on the homepage of Gamestop's website.

I don't know if it has been mentioned here or not but Gamestop is going to be offering an exclusive trade in offer come Sunday for Xbox One X. It's listed on the homepage of Gamestop's website.

I just hope the special offers last till the thing comes out. I dont want to not have an xbox till Nov if i trade now

Fredrik

Way way waaay cooler than the day one edition, I like it a lot!
I just wish they had some games launching beside it, jumping in day one isn't as interesting as it could've been, as it is I would pretty much do it just to get this edition. :/

big_z

So they will give you $300 for an Xbox one or PS4 that can be found for $ 250?

However, I did get $275 for my PS4 during the 50 percent trade in deal towards a Pro...after pro launched...

If it's a partnered trade in deal they can do whatever. Microsoft did something similar back with the 360, you could trade in your old model for a new one and the cost as like $10-20 difference. Didn't matter if the Xbox was crapping out either because they were shipping them back to Microsoft to be recycled.

Same with early this gen Microsoft did a trade in any last gen game and get $10-$15 credit per game. The games were being recycled. So anything is possible with the x. I just hope Microsoft announces a very aggressive program since that price is hard to swallow.

Bioshocker

It would have been lame, it's not 2002 anymore.

A green light is retro? If that's the case, I like it to be more retro. Xbox One X is not ugly, but it lacks personality. Some lame green text on the plastic doesn't change that.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I think it's a gorgeous machine outside of the goofy green font, but you'll hardly notice it. Honestly, in my head XBox has defined itself as a brand by trading on outdated geek shit so it almost wouldn't feel right not having a little Mountain Dew magic in it's presentation. That box kinda seals the corny deal.

I want one.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Less blurry, credit to reddit.
bhXAtp8.jpg

Wait will all the 1Xs come with the stand or is it sold separately.
Never got a 1S so i never actually found out if the stand was in the box or not, cuz I really frikken want that Stand now.

P.S Will all the 1X controllers have grey scale face buttons.....cuz i always thought the colored face buttons spoiled an otherwise very clean controller.

If it's a partnered trade in deal they can do whatever. Microsoft did something similar back with the 360, you could trade in your old model for a new one and the cost as like $10-20 difference. Didn't matter if the Xbox was crapping out either because they were shipping them back to Microsoft to be recycled.

Same with early this gen Microsoft did a trade in any last gen game and get $10-$15 credit per game. The games were being recycled. So anything is possible with the x. I just hope Microsoft announces a very aggressive program since that price is hard to swallow.

Yup this exactly.

Hoping MS goes all out and subsidizes this trade in quite a bit. My xbox one plus $200 for the X and I'm definitely there day one.

Caayn

Wait will all the 1Xs come with the stand or is it sold separately.
Never got a 1S so i never actually found out if the stand was in the box or not, cuz I really frikken want that Stand now.

P.S Will all the 1X controllers have grey scale face buttons.....cuz i always thought the colored face buttons spoiled an otherwise very clean controller.
The "premium" XB1X console will come without a vertical stand in the default SKU. Most likely this Project Scropio edition will come with a stand included similar to the how the 2TB XB1s SKU was the only one to have the vertical stand included.

The XB1s vertical stand costs about €20/$20, the XB1X version will most likely cost the same.

Hopefully we get to know more about the different options for preordering.

I'm all in for the Project Scorpio one but I know that others would prefer a base version.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Nobody cares whether they like the box or not. What is amusing is that it is a deciding factor on whether they buy the console or not.
No it's really not.

It's just a nice optional SKU for those who were gonna buy it anyway.

So like the Xbox One S 2TB, the PS XB1X will ship early then, absolutely fits with what they've done before and also what that ad says.

Ushay

Really digging that box art. The high res version of the console looks even better, nice callback to Project Scorpio.

Wonder what the other 'surprises' could be.

Top Bottom