• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what jrpg are you playing right now ?

isual

Dragon Quest VI on DS (well, 3DS to be specific). I always hate how it takes so long before they give you access to the class system in DQ games that have one...

I have this, but after beating 4,5 and 9 straight through last summer I got burned out

Metaroo

Grinding in Disgaea 3. I like the characters and aesthetics much more than 4. Besides, this gives me an excuse to skip the post-game in D4.

Shinta

Banned
I'm vexxed that dark arisen does not have a stand alone dlc version.

Luckily I sold the original in anticipation of the new one, so it was only $15 for me. DLC would have been nice, but I'm just happy to get an expansion at all I guess.

Fou-Lu

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Persona 4: Golden and Ni no Kuni. Been kind of switching between the three, they're all very enjoyable for different reasons, but I've played Persona 4 the most by far.

CorvoSol

Fire Emblem Awakening, Final Fantasy 9, Final Fantasy Dimensions, Final Fantasy Tactics, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Robot Wars W. It's Summer Vacation for me.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The story is dull but I don't think it was utter shit like most of GAF seemed to think. One thing that bugged me a lot about the plot was how the world related to it, but that's a comment for when the game is beaten. And yeah, Asbel is dense.

Amazing skits though.

The story its basic and predictable on all fronts (Doesn't help that the opening spoils parts), the character development its mostly nowhere to be seen (so far on my playthrough). Its not shit or great but its not offensive to the point of putting me off ofthe game. Then again Graces. Can't wait for Xillia and hopefully Symphonia HD its true.

Kipe

Etrian Odyssey 4. It's fun, but I have Devil Survivor and Fire Emblem in my backlog tempting me to play them instead of finishing the game.

Aeana

I'm trying to decide right now what I want to play. I was looking for games I've never played, but there's not much that fits that these days. I've been thinking about replaying some Wild ARMs games though, so perhaps I'll do that.

シャイニング・ハーツ (Shining Hearts)
The first story-oriented game that I play in japanese.

Lime

Been replaying some of Valkyrie Profile 2 through PCSX2 this week and it's still pretty great. Also, it holds up incredibly well when rendered at 4K:

pcsx22013-05-1419-47-8so3u.png
pcsx22013-05-1419-51-24os1.png
pcsx22013-05-1317-47-37yb1.png
pcsx22013-05-1419-51-r5ph0.png
pcsx22013-05-1317-46-y1zmd.png

Thinking about starting up Rogue Galaxy, but the battle system initially seems a bit monotonous.

I'm trying to decide right now what I want to play. I was looking for games I've never played, but there's not much that fits that these days. I've been thinking about replaying some Wild ARMs games though, so perhaps I'll do that.

I always hate this time period, when you just have no idea what to play, look at all your games, start weighing the pros and cons, think of some stupid part that happens 3/5ths of the way through a game and say "forget that shit" and ultimately not play anything

isual

I just finished alter code f and wild arms 5 last month.

acf was pretty good; a ton of sidequets. 5 was ok, very short, and requires you to play the game 2 or 3 times.

Vorg

Banned
Thinking about starting up Rogue Galaxy, but the battle system initially seems a bit monotonous.

I couldn't get into Rogue Galaxy. I guess monotonous is the right word to describe the game in my opinion.

Mileena

Banned
does PSO2 count? Really upset I have to resort to such nonsense to play a half translated game, but it's still kinda fun.

Soriku

I just finished alter code f and wild arms 5 last month.

acf was pretty good; a ton of sidequets. 5 was ok, very short, and requires you to play the game 2 or 3 times.

5 had a ton of side stuff too...I spent 90 hours on that game.

Aeana

I always hate this time period, when you just have no idea what to play, look at all your games, start weighing the pros and cons, think of some stupid part that happens 3/5ths of the way through a game and say "forget that shit" and ultimately not play anything
Heh, yes, that is exactly what has happened with me.

Ra1den

It's not worth it. The concept seems great but it really falls flat. Unless you fall in love with some of the quirky side elements it offers, you're gonna be bored. And most likely you're not gonna wanna screw with them at all.

Or just pick xp *10 in the grade shop and do the other route in NG+ ?

No grinding required .

Would have done it if I wasn't already half done with getting my party to level 99.

It's not really long, just boring and I actually have to pay attention since I can't keep pressing X over and over due to the AC system.

hampig

Okage: Shadow King. I've wanted to play it ever since before it came out for some reason. I'm kind of looking into that MS Saga after seeing it here though, is it worth my time?

Edit: Forgot, I found Wild Arms 3 for $5, is it worth that?

SkyOdin

I am trying to finally finish Breath of Fire 3. I just spent an hour trying to puzzle out what the gene combination is for the strongest dragon form.

I have a heck of lot more games that I have played in the last several months that I need to get back to, such as Last Story and Tales of Graces f.

Dunan

Heh, yes, that is exactly what has happened with me.

Oh, come on now; the rest of Final Fantasy 8 makes up for that flaw!

Symytry

Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of Time. It's good, but I liked III better story-wise. I'm trying to throw down on my PSP backlog but I can never seem to get ahead...

hao chi

Just got SMT III: Nocturne a few days ago. I'm only about five hours in, but I'm really enjoying it so far. I don't mind the dungeon crawling elements as much as I thought I would, even if the encounter rate seems a bit high, and I'm pretty interested in the seeing where the story goes. The music is also great, but that's not really a surprise with Atlus.

I also have a Persona 4 NG+ playthrough that I started recently, and is about halfway finished. Though I put it on hold to finally finish a second playthrough of Chaos Theory (my two other attempts were ruined by the game freezing while loading and corrupting my save, one of them was even right before the last level).

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing Soul Hackers. I still need to have a serious playthrough rather than playing in small increments, but I'm enjoying the game a lot.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers. Game's old enough that reading the manual is pretty much necessary to understand what one's doing, but it's pretty fun.

Stop right now, you'll suffer brain damage if you go any further.

I'm currently playing Soul Hackers... still. I've been lazy with gaming lately...

Soul Hackers on my 3DS. It is slowly becoming my favorite non-persona Atlus game.

I beat Odin Sphere last week and Ni No Kuni a bit before that. As for right now at this very moment, none. A wrpg is next on my list

Slime

Banned
I was flipping through an old issue from OPM and saw a little thing about Xenogears. I don't have the same fond memories of that game others seem to, but for some reason I got a sudden urge to replay it for the first time ever. Enjoying it quite a bit (for now).

CSX

Soul Hackers and Fire Emblem Awakening if that counts.

Will occupy me till Shin Megami Tensei IV :)

No regrets with my 3ds purchase

AB12

I never completed Enchanted Arms, about 70-80% story line completed, haven't played for almost 4 years. Decided to try it again.

Top Bottom