• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
Is there a character list yet? I was looking for the Japanese one to see who I can save up for but I can't find anything.

I want me an SSR Gohan or Trunks :(

liezryou

As if it was the first one... and One Piece Battle Cruise is similar too, all those are nothing but repaints with some different mechanics. But addictive.

... time to reroll.

I'm fairly certain he was being sarcastic because this is the 5000th puzzles and dragons clone.

Raxious

Is there a character list yet? I was looking for the Japanese one to see who I can save up for but I can't find anything.

I want me an SSR Gohan or Trunks :(

character list is on the JP site. So far, the only 2 SSR characters in the Western version are SSJ Goku and SSJ Vegeta, both have 2 variations.

This looks really really interesting, but I really don't want to invest my time in another Gatcha game. I'm playing Unison League at try moment. But I decided to see what I would roll anyway and got Imperfect Cell and Hercule. I deleted it.

Maybe I'll try again at another time. I honestly have no idea how the game works, either. I was just speeding through the intro so I can roll again.

Kettch

Hmm, is "training" really worth it at this point? N characters barely give any XP and it feels easier to just beat quests and events for XP :eek:

The way you want to train is to take one level 1 N character and train it with another level 1 N character. If they're the same type, it'll go up to level 5. Then you use that to train the important character, and you'll get a good bit more XP than training with both individually would have given (and it's also much cheaper).

Durden77

I've done the Vegeta strike mission on hard like 3 times and still no Vegeta. Le sigh.

I don't think I can handle very hard yet. Anyone know if the drops are really that much better? Should I just give up on hard?

Dawg

The way you want to train is to take one level 1 N character and train it with another level 1 N character. If they're the same type, it'll go up to level 5. Then you use that to train the important character, and you'll get a good bit more XP than training with both individually would have given (and it's also much cheaper).

Thanks!

I can't even handle the Vegeta strike event on easy....

I had the same issue with Hercules' event today. All the mobs before him dropped my HP so much I had barely any left when I faced him.

thaOwner

Thanks!

I had the same issue with Hercules' event today. All the mobs before him dropped my HP so much I had barely any left when I faced him.

Just make sure you have support items equipped when doing events. Especially health potions and just before you face a boss, fully heal again if you've taken damage.

Tried to add people from the GAF list but both thaowner and shoryukens have full friend lists :p

Probably because they have SSR ;__;

I made room for you. Send the request again. :)

If anyone here tried sending me a request but couldn't just let me know and I'll gladly make room.

I've done the Vegeta strike mission on hard like 3 times and still no Vegeta. Le sigh.

I don't think I can handle very hard yet. Anyone know if the drops are really that much better? Should I just give up on hard?

Z Hard is ridiculously hard. Don't bother til you get 30-40+ team.

I've been doing Normal+Hard for Vegeta event with nothing to show for it as well.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Been playing this like mad. Add me for friend points. I don't have any SSRs but I have SR Teen Trunks as my leader.

Dawg

The fact there are only two SSR characters (4 if you count both variations) is why I didn't bother rerolling.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The fact there are only two SSR characters (4 if you count both variations) is why I didn't bother rerolling.

Pulls are pretty easy to get anyway. I've gotten some unexpectedly good SRs and Rs as well. SR Chichi rocks.

Dawg

Got R Nail. Gave him 2 Guldo's [R], some other TEQ noobies and a few training thingies... instantly level 30 :D

Dawg

Does anyone know what the hell those 2 stars next to JUNIOR's Goku mean?

CKOM6pUWwAACRiK.jpg:large

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Starting out with a SR Goku and SR Satan. Not going to bother with rerolls, two SRs seems like a good enough starting point.

So what's the ideal level up strategy for this game? I know for other similar games, you may need to level up a card fully before using it to level or combine with another card to get a better stat increase. But in others, that extra step's not necessary.

Skii

Yeah, I wish there were more characters available. I'd love the opportunity to pack SSJ2 Gohan or SSJ Trunks. I'm guessing they are going to release those later on?

My luck hasn't been too bad. Managed to pack SR Frieza, Android 17 and SR Nappa. Would've happily paid for this game if it meant getting dragon stones was easier! It's just too much work to get 5 lol.

Does anyone know what happens when you get the 7 dragon balls? Is it story related or do we get a bunch of dragon stones?

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah, I wish there were more characters available. I'd love the opportunity to pack SSJ2 Gohan or SSJ Trunks. I'm guessing they are going to release those later on?

My luck hasn't been too bad. Managed to pack SR Frieza, Android 17 and SR Nappa. Would've happily paid for this game if it meant getting dragon stones was easier! It's just too much work to get 5 lol.

Does anyone know what happens when you get the 7 dragon balls? Is it story related or do we get a bunch of dragon stones?
You get to make a wish. You can increase character limit(IIRC this also gives you 10 stones), expand item space, expand friend limit and I think the other is training item help.

I've already used my first set so now I'm collecting them again.

Took me all day but I finally pulled it off.

http://i.imgur.com/4i15O8Y.png

The R Goku and R Kid Gohan you get from the other events are really useful when fighting Vegeta since he is weak to them. And if you take a green unit as your helper, the fight is very doable.

Hang in there guys.

Jetku

What's awakened? I keep getting awakening medals but not a clue what to do with them.

The two stars mean partially awakened. For goku, it's 2 of the 3 steps. In in one of the menus. You feed the card specific awakening medals to boost the cards power and eventually "evolve" it to another level.

Mazre

Z Hard is ridiculously hard. Don't bother til you get 30-40+ team.

I've been doing Normal+Hard for Vegeta event with nothing to show for it as well.

You weren't kidding, took my group that manages hard fairly easily and got supered for 17k the first turn. And that was against a super-tec character.

Skii

You get to make a wish. You can increase character limit(IIRC this also gives you 10 stones), expand item space, expand friend limit and I think the other is training item help.

I've already used my first set so now I'm collecting them again.

Ah okay, that's not too bad I guess. Will probably go with the 10 stones!

Another question, when calculating weakness, does the game consider the colour of the Ki or the colour of the character?

Mazre

Ah okay, that's not too bad I guess. Will probably go with the 10 stones!

Another question, when calculating weakness, does the game consider the colour of the Ki or the colour of the character?

Pretty sure it's just characters color, ki color only effects the bonuses like double ki and health regen.

Yaari

That helped me a lot. I thought I had to use orbs of my characters color, to do the damage I wanted. Lol.

Been running Vegeta on easy. Maybe I'll get lucky. It takes a potion but its not too bad. ( Do you guys go for Baba? It's a much more dangerous route)

Dawg

When given the option between 4 green KIs and 1 red KI for a character that is red KI (2x red KI) ...

It's still better to pick the 4 green KIs, right?

Durden77

Mercenary Tao is pretty boss. The fact that his super can rarely instant kill is really nice too.

Oh by the way my IGN is Bawlsaq. Feel free to add me. It's also really funny hearing the Z fighters praise Bawlsaq's power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom