• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

ta9qi

Guys does it make any difference the poke stop you get the eggs from?
i got until now dozzzens of 2 and 5 and 10 k egges, and still no snorlax/lopras or from 5k *ghastly, grimer, lickitung,tangela,porygon(found one in the wild)"
and always got my eggs from the same poke stops
until now caught 121, seen 123..6 new evolves are ready, will wait for the rest of candies i need for my starters+dratini final evoloution to begin the party!

Why did Niantic think it was a good idea to put nests on golf courses? We have Magicarp and Poliwag nests (both very rare here) on golf courses that don't allow you on them unless you're playing.

I don't think it's intentionally. Considering that parks and golf courses are rendered the same way by Google Maps (and Go), I imagine back-end data about them is also similar, so it's likely they're included in the criteria for potential nest sites as an unintended side effect.

Now that I've finally started getting into the gym system, I have an appreciation for the utility of low CP fully evolved Pokemon and wish I hadn't turned them all into candy/stopped trying to catch them. Time to start taking wild Venusaur popping up on my scanner seriously again.

Dishwalla

Banned
Just went outside and up the street about 100 feet at 3:15 am for a Pikachu, if he was any further away I wouldn't have bothered. Only need one more Pika until I get a Raichu though.

Last night was good, still hunting those two Squirtles and didn't find any last night but I did get these.

A5MPvoh.jpg

Snorlax was from one of my 3 10K eggs so at least it wasn't Eevee this time xD although he has body slam :T

I will continue my hunt for Squirtles this afternoon.

Sitting at 128 in the Dex now

Now that I've finally started getting into the gym system, I have an appreciation for the utility of low CP fully evolved Pokemon and wish I hadn't turned them all into candy/stopped trying to catch them. Time to start taking wild Venusaur popping up on my scanner seriously again.

yeah having a range of types over a range of cp is the reason I used my last coin bonus for a Pokemon bag upgrade. getting 1000 prestige every time saves you time, and it's better to add your strong pokemon to a strong team held gym if you want it to stay up longer

edit: I for sure have two of my guys on top of level 10 gyms, they are still there. I'm in LA this doesn't really happen too much but level 10 gyms with all the pokemon 2000+ cp must look like a pain in the ass for most trainers.

Firemind

Does Blizzard have a ridiculously delayed damage timer that sometimes doesn't even do damage or is it just me?

Also, Slowbro with Confusion/Psychic is a fucking tank GODDAMN. I'm going to evolve Exeggcute just to kick his ass and gain some prestige.

cHinzo

Last night was good, still hunting those two Squirtles and didn't find any last night but I did get these.

Snorlax was from one of my 3 10K eggs so at least it wasn't Eevee this time xD although he has body slam :T

I will continue my hunt for Squirtles this afternoon.

Sitting at 128 in the Dex now

I'm so jealous right now! Grats with the fat Snorlax. ;_;

:D

Wish they would implement some way to reroll the moves of Pokemon, even if it's just once.

those are great moves for gym defense. body slam is much more annoying than hyper beam since it happens more often and has a quicker animation. hyper beam is so easily telegraphed and dodged it never really lands.

those are great moves for gym defense. body slam is much more annoying than hyper beam since it happens more often and has a quicker animation. hyper beam is so easily telegraphed and dodged it never really lands.

How do you dodge a move? It always decimates my Pokemon lol

Also thanks, that's good to know! I wanted to power him up a bit so I will do that now and leave him parked on Gyms :3

cHinzo

How do you dodge a move? It always decimates my Pokemon lol

Also thanks, that's good to know! I wanted to power him up a bit so I will do that now and leave him parked on Gyms :3

Just wait for the yellow flash to appear and then u swipe either left or right? :d

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Wartortle today :D nice. I totally gave up triangulating with the current system so I'm glad it was on my way.

Still having fun with how much this game remains in the public consciousness. Early in the morning I told the cleaning lady I was going outside real quick and she immediately said "are you going to hunt Pokemon?" (I was actually going to battle at the nearby gym rofl).

At the electronics store I went to today to purchase a cable I overheard an employee asking where another one was and someone answered "he must be outside hunting Pokemon".

Then at the square near work the gym was lit with people from the three teams battling it out and putting their own mons fast as shit before you could even get a chance to get yours in, and it kept switching colors. I played around for a bit, but I'm glad I had already collected the bonus for today elsewhere.

Firemind

Son of a bitch

I have to find a better schedule to claim the defender bonus

All those kids leaving school are now taking all my gyms two hours before the clock is reset lol

GulAtiCa

Son of a bitch

I have to find a better schedule to claim the defender bonus

All those kids leaving school are now taking all my gyms two hours before the clock is reset lol

Why not do it in the morning? I only do it in the morning on my way to work around 8:30. Can usually take at least 3. Most times I don't have to worry about being knocked out.

cHinzo

^ I'm happy to get 30 coins nowadays. Mystic got all the gyms nearby, so gotta be sneaky and take over some gyms and claim them before they get taken back.

Thanks lol

Yeah I don't battle that often really. My fun comes from finding everything and raising their CP as high as I can xD
Gotta test your pokemons out though. Also, free coins! 😁

Firemind

Why not do it in the morning? I only do it in the morning on my way to work around 8:30. Can usually take at least 3. Most times I don't have to worry about being knocked out.
In the morning I kind of have to rush. There's also more traffic. I leave work around 9pm so I can casually join nearby gyms and claim them. Problem is the next day it resets around 6pm which gives those meddling kids ample time to troll me.

Although there's a small town right next door where only old people live. There are a bunch of monuments and buildings that are gyms. Maybe I should pay a visit. Dat petrol investment tho

GulAtiCa

^ I'm happy to get 30 coins nowadays. Mystic got all the gyms nearby, so gotta be sneaky and take over some gyms and claim them before they get taken back.

Go Team Mystic!!

But seriously, I do wish some of the gyms near me would be taken down a peg by other teams. There are a few here that have been high level for over a month, and so high that others don't really try anymore. They do get knocked down a Pokemon or 2 every few days, but so high level that they just go back up.

Since they are so high, most times I can't battle it up in a manly time to get my Pokemon in them. Esp as they are usually 2k+ CP, and my Pokemon haven't even reached 2k yet, so I'd be at the bottom.

cHinzo

Cool, found a Dragonair with 15 attack and def and a reasonable amount of HP. Gonna be a cool Dragonite if I can get enough candies. Already halfway through with the help of Pokemonnearby. Dratinies are so hard to find.

KingBroly

Banned
I trained a Lv.9 Gym to a Lv.10 Gym by myself this morning. Took like a half hour, but I managed to put my Snorlax in there, 3rd from the top. The Gym's been pretty powerful for a long time, so I imagine my Snorlax will be good to go there for a while.

I also managed to get 2 more Gyms, so I cashed out at 30 Coins.

Firemind

Also while I was going to work I found two nearby gyms with open spots right next to each other. I go there. Turns out they're children's playgrounds at primary schools... *slowly backs away*

cHinzo

Also while I was going to work I found two nearby gyms with open spots right next to each other. I go there. Turns out they're children's playgrounds at primary schools... *slowly backs away*

Come back at night and drop your 2K CP Dragonites. :^)

jotun?

They both have their pros/cons

Body slam's damage duration is 200ms so you can fully dodge it

Hyper beam's duration is 800ms so you'll always take a good chunk of damage (dodge duration is 500ms). It will also commonly cause the lag bug where you dodged but your game thinks you took the full damage, so you're left with an invisible pokemon that can dodge but can't attack. Lots of the big-damage charge moves tend to cause it..

Halfway there til level 30...this shit is such a grind

I'm about 40k from level 29, going to Disneyland this morning. spinning a million Pokéstops and grinding with all of them lured should be good for that...

but you're right, this is grind time. no one else would evolve 40 pidgey at a time without dedication

So today I was feeling less than optimistic about catching anything new, family day at the beach I thought might as well try my luck, a lickitung who I've never caught before ran away after one ball I was like ok cool.

Go to the beach and the park nothing there but trash pidgeys and spearows.

Go home with items maxed anyways so not too shabby, sit down, put my phone on charge, check Pokemon nearby and there's a mother fucking blastoise two streets away

My hearts pounding

I only had 30 squirtle candies

I tell my son to put his shoes back on and we run to his location, roughly 40 berries, 20 ultra balls and 20 great balls later, he's mine, today was glorious, Jelly you made my day thank you!

jts

...hate me...
Got a Hitmonlee, first new entry in a good while. Better than nothing.

Oh and a 10km egg, but I've got plenty of Eevees already so it's not too exciting.

Go home with items maxed anyways so not too shabby, sit down, put my phone on charge, check Pokemon nearby and there's a mother fucking blastoise two streets away

My hearts pounding

I tell my son to put his shoes back on and we run to his location, roughly 40 berries, 20 ultra balls and 20 great balls later, he's mine, today was glorious, Jelly you made my day thank you!

Nice! Crazy that he didn't run after all that. Glad you got him :D

Speaking of Nearby, I wish I could get it to work lol...I tried setting up a burner account and plugging the info in but it didn't seem to want to cooperate....would be great to have to track down these last two Squirtles I need to get my own Blastoise. :\

So today I was feeling less than optimistic about catching anything new, family day at the beach I thought might as well try my luck, a lickitung who I've never caught before ran away after one ball I was like ok cool.

Go to the beach and the park nothing there but trash pidgeys and spearows.

My hearts pounding

Lol this is great

GulAtiCa

Going on Vacation to Universal Studios for about 4 full days (+2 for the part days where I arrive and leave) at the end of Sept. So I am decided to save my coins and use them all (+ maybe buy more) when I arrive there, so that my eggs are constantly hatching. I am also deciding to hold back my 10k eggs for that giant trip as well. I only have 1 10k egg on me currently, but hopefully I get more before my trip. Will also up my item limit to 600 when I leave too.

I will turn lv 25 tomorrow or Friday, so I'll get a few more egg incubators from that, which I'll spread out over the next few weeks to help speed up my egg hatching.

I'm staying at the Cabana Bay resort, a Universal themed Hotel, so I'm really hoping it itself has a few pokestops. Be kinda awesome to constantly refill my items.

This is what Universal Pokestop map looks like. Heck, this is only part of the theme park. Crazy!

KevinG

I've run into what I consider to be a HUGE glitch this past week. I have one strong Pokemon, a Vaporeon at 1300ish CP (I'm level 16, living in a rural area).

Well, I visited a city we few weeks ago and trashed all but 5 of my revives in favor of pokeballs. I had over a hundred revives, and sometimes would get five or more per pokestop.

Well, my Vaporeon is fainted, but I have no more revives and no pokestop has provided any revives for over a week now. So, as far as I'm concerned, my Vaporeon is dead forever.

Has anyone else run into this?

Top Bottom