• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quake Champions closed beta starts on April 6

rocket launcher is fine, different starting hp/armour is fine

This is one area that really bugs me... Maybe the hero abilities balance it well, but I've been playing Quake for 20 years now and varying levels of health and armor is not what I immediately expect.

I feel like its encouraging a completely different style of play. Focusing less on level movement and spawn timers, and more on manipulating your hero ability to for survivability. I'd love to be proven wrong though... All that said, I love overwatch, but when I play quake, I expect quake... I hope it still feels like quake.

iddqd

This is one area that really bugs me... Maybe the hero abilities balance it well, but I've been playing Quake for 20 years now and varying levels of health and armor is not what I immediately expect.

I feel like its encouraging a completely different style of play. Focusing less on level movement and spawn timers, and more on manipulating your hero ability to for survivability. I'd love to be proven wrong though... All that said, I love overwatch, but when I play quake, I expect quake... I hope it still feels like quake.

There was only one hero ability that would actually save your butt in 1v1 that I feel needs to be changed.
Everything else felt more like "another weapon" to me.

The different HP amounts is also something I'm not so sure about yet. Some of the "fast and frail" character REALLY feel frail.

A lot of it will be "these 4 champions are the ones you use in 1v1" "this one only for FFA" and THAT one in TDM.

It was still basic Q3 on DM6, champions or not.

I'm actually enjoying it a ton, it's pretty close to what I'd like a hypothetical Team Fortress 3 to feel like.

I get that most Quake fans probably weren't hoping for TF3, but there ya go.

Grakl

I'm actually enjoying it a ton, it's pretty close to what I'd like a hypothetical Team Fortress 3 to feel like.

I get that most Quake fans probably weren't hoping for TF3, but there ya go.

hoping for objective based modes at some point, even though im sure the diehard will cry a lot

feels close enough to Q3 overall tbh

rugioh

Banned
Three codes quoted here:

On an unrelated note, does anyone here know the powerup timings on the mega and red armor in the beta? Doesn't seem to match the Quake Live 35/25 timing.

Kei-

Would love a code if anyone has one. Just built my first PC at the start of the month and need some stuff to play. Would be greatly appreciated.

Kei-

Please PM me if you are giving codes anyone. Would love to get at least one more for a friend.

Edit: Woops, didn't mean to make a new post

nowarning

I have three as well, HMU if you'd like one. All my friends that are interested are already in so these are all spare.

edit: all gone!

Kei-

I have 1 code. Quote if you want it, and i'll PM you

PM please, already have one for myself and a friend. Looking for another for one more friend. Being upfront in case you want it to go to a gaffer or something

Top Bottom