• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Bladenic

For whatever reason, certain companies and franchises are allowed to ship buggy games, while others aren't. I'm not quite sure of the logic behind this myself, as I am not a fan of playing buggy games.

It's a prevalent double standard of WRPGs and JRPGs. A JRPG launches with bugs, poor performance, etc? You better believe every review will mention it and knock the score down accordingly. A WRPG launches in the same state (which would never happen, WRPGs always launch worse than any JRPG ever lmao)? Doesn't matter, rarely will a review make a big deal out of it and even if they mention the issues, it seems to affect their scores not at all.

All this tells me is that Japanese devs are far better at polishing their games apparently.

Fladam

Just need a space to say I am finally stoked about another guy after over a year of being down in the dumps.

Hope everyone is doing well :)

DOWN

Banned
Proving once again that they have everyone's best interest at heart:
A Lot Of People Thought Grindr’s New Emoji Keyboard Referenced Crystal Meth

Urgh.

That statement is just bullshit, if they were meant to be used together you could have just made them into one goddamn emoji you pricks.
Oh and:
sub-buzz-369-1489522580-2.png
That looks very racially awkward... a black hand pushing a white woman in the face? The rest seem to be white? And bye Felicia using a white woman? Then again, I've never heard anything to suggest Grindr was racially sensitive or decent whatsoever

It's a prevalent double standard of WRPGs and JRPGs. A JRPG launches with bugs, poor performance, etc? You better believe every review will mention it and knock the score down accordingly. A WRPG launches in the same state (which would never happen, WRPGs always launch worse than any JRPG ever lmao)? Doesn't matter, rarely will a review make a big deal out of it and even if they mention the issues, it seems to affect their scores not at all.

All this tells me is that Japanese devs are far better at polishing their games apparently.

I noticed that too, real quick to call out any jank they find but WRPGs especially Bioware and Bethesda are more lenient on. I'm a Mass Effect fan but I will not defend this new entry and it deserves to be dragged so my coins are going to Persona.

Looking good DyslexicAlucard!
Thanks!
That hat does look good on you. I think hats look really weird/bad on me, except when I wear them backwards so that's what I always wear them as
I always thought a flat-brimmed hat would look douchy on me, like I couldn't "pull it off." Then I got this one as a gift and put it on once to hide a bad hair day. Lo and behold, I got complimented on it. So I guess it works for me. Give it a try -- you may be surprised!
This is super awesome and I'm glad it worked out for you.
Thank you~! I'm so relieved, TBH.
(Note: this quote isn't attributed because I'm on mobile and cut out the first part incorrectly. I don't know how to undo it. =/)

You look so much like a philosophy professor I had. Every time I look at your selfies I think of Mr. J, one of my favorite professors.
My first name starts with J too, haha. It seems we have potential for some fun roleplaying. ;)
this sounds so much like me ugghh i need health insurance tbh
I feel for you there. I know a few Americans in a similar boat. I hope you can get some soon, as I remember reading that this is the first tax season that the US government will start fining you on your taxes if you don't have health insurance. It's not a Trump thing either, as this was always the plan. =/
I've been feeling so shitty lately and I don't even feel like I can mention it to my close friend. I recently just made a comment in passing about my anxiety and he basically just completely dismissed it saying I don't meet any of DSM requirements for it. He's a therapist but like... it just felt so dismissive like obviously Im not gonna be anxious around fucking you of all people. Now I feel like I'm just making up my own problems I'm always second guessing myself.
That sucks that someone is reacting like that, especially someone that should know better. I know it's not the same as in-person, but I'm always free to talk. Hugs!
Same. I always chose Blue when everybody wanted to play Power Rangers in Kindegarten.
Me too, although TMNT was more our thing and I was Donatello. I'm all about dat long pole. ;P

Really appreciate the advice. If I replaced music with art I can safely say I feel exactly as you described. I'll read the link, thank you very much. I did the whole cbt thing a few years ago but still definitely hold myself to a different standard to other people. Kind of a passive arrogance now that you highlight it.
Well if CBT was effective for you I'd imagine what you learned there should work here too. At least it seems it's in the same vein as negative thinking.
I've been feeling so shitty lately and I don't even feel like I can mention it to my close friend. I recently just made a comment in passing about my anxiety and he basically just completely dismissed it saying I don't meet any of DSM requirements for it. He's a therapist but like... it just felt so dismissive like obviously Im not gonna be anxious around fucking you of all people. Now I feel like I'm just making up my own problems I'm always second guessing myself.
Yeah that feeling is the worst, you think they know better because they're a professional and then the self-doubt makes things worse. Thing is, you can even check the DSM criteria yourself, and if you believe this is a problem that's getting in the way of living your life it's always worth getting a second opinion, can see that from umop's reply. I've had to see several doctors for problems, some were helpful, some not so helpful. One was hopeless, lol.

Thanks!

I always thought a flat-brimmed hat would look douchy on me, like I couldn't "pull it off." Then I got this one as a gift and put it on once to hide a bad hair day. Lo and behold, I got complimented on it. So I guess it works for me. Give it a try -- you may be surprised!

Thank you~! I'm so relieved, TBH.
(Note: this quote isn't attributed because I'm on mobile and cut out the first part incorrectly. I don't know how to undo it. =/)

My first name starts with J too, haha. It seems we have potential for some fun roleplaying. ;)

I feel for you there. I know a few Americans in a similar boat. I hope you can get some soon, as I remember reading that this is the first tax season that the US government will start fining you on your taxes if you don't have health insurance. It's not a Trump thing either, as this was always the plan. =/

That sucks that someone is reacting like that, especially someone that should know better. I know it's not the same as in-person, but I'm always free to talk. Hugs!

Me too, although TMNT was more our thing and I was Donatello. I'm all about dat long pole. ;P

You too? Though I liked him cause he was the nerd of the group

Kevyt

That looks very racially awkward... a black hand pushing a white woman in the face? The rest seem to be white? And bye Felicia using a white woman? Then again, I've never heard anything to suggest Grindr was racially sensitive or decent whatsoever

Did you get Horizon yet?

Kater

Banned
Anyone have suggestions on a good co-op game with strong story elements?

Only Never Alone comes to mind. You and someone else can either control the fox or the kid. And you learn about the culture of native people of Alaska.

I mean...Horizon and Uncharted can do it 👀🌚
What I saw of Horizon didn't exactly thrill me too much, didn't follow that for long so I can't say much about that. Uncharted 4 looked good in the trailers and the gameplay I saw tho, yeah. You have a point with that one imo.
No, but I expect the animation to not look like absolute shit. Bioware has never been good at making people look like "human" beings and not weird ass twitchy puppets but still, this is on another level.

I mean look at this janky ass shit :

That shouldn't happen in a 5 years in dev AAA game by a major dev.
Yeah, the way characters move is always a bit off in the games. In the first three games Shep felt more like a tank (less so by the third game) and now they might have made the characters movements a bit too floaty. But hey, it's better than tank controls and stoic faces all the time, right?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
i always wanted to be the black or yellow or green ranger

PS Ratsky there was an 'I don't have a preference' option to the last question <3

i know, i did the survey with the same answers for every question except for that one, which i tried with all 3 options~ still got Cindy!

Anyone going to any Pride events this year? I went to Motor City Pride last year, which was just alright. Probably would have been more fun with friends. I heard Toronto's is pretty good too, so I may make the trip over there.

I am mixed on Pride events though, since they only seem to celebrate certain parts of gay culture, often times whitewashing it.

i want to go to the one where guys walk around in jockstraps and fuck each other in the streets

I don't see anything wrong with the second gif...

its cheaper to just take the tax hit tbh~

Astral Dog

Im sorry for the people looking for a fun Mass Effect adventure :(

But at least this treasure has produced gems for months to come
:D

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Best way to shave pubes? Used a razor before and that irritated my skin and i got lots of ingrown hairs.

Search Amazon for body groomer and use one of those to get it short; don't even bother trying to shave all the way against the skin. I still use a Philips Norelco one I've had for many years but, of course, I occasionally buy replacement heads for it. No irritation, safe even to shave your nuts with, waterproof etc.

I started and finished Bojack Horseman in the past few weeks and it was pretty good, and shows a lot of promise with the next season. The comedy isn't its main appeal at all but the characters and the world.

I liked s3e12 spoilers
Todd is asexual
and basically the rest of that ending sequence.

There is a spoiler-filled video on the philosophy of Bojack Horseman that I liked and it could be of interest to people. https://youtu.be/rORIDYHOFTQ

driggonny

Banned
Figured this would be the best place to ask this question.

Though I'm probably just stereotyping ;)

I'm looking to shave pretty much my entire body at this point... maybe leave pubic hair at the very least. But I find the prospect kind of intimidating, considering I can't even shave my own face without issue :p

Does anyone have any advice? Particular kinds of razors or shaving cream? What do I do about those damn testicles? Any issues I'm unaware of?

If anyone could point me to a comprehensive guide that'd be appreciated lol

JCX

I'm looking to shave pretty much my entire body at this point... maybe leave pubic hair at the very least. But I find the prospect kind of intimidating, considering I can't even shave my own face without issue :p

Does anyone have any advice? Particular kinds of razors or shaving cream? What do I do about those damn testicles? Any issues I'm unaware of?

Lol we were all just talking about how we prefer trimming to shaving further up on this page.

Bladenic

It's a transgender thing silly

OH I didn't know. Carry on. I know a guy that shaved his legs and said women's razors are better but that's just one opinion.

Could we not do the "disparage people who have different preferences re: body/facial hair and imply they're into kids" thing again. It's tiring and frankly just shitty.

1. I ain't imply anything about being into kids, I said "look like a baby" aka being hairless.

2. It wasn't disparaging either. It was a question framed unde the guise of a joke, as only babies are hairless from top to bottom. Not like I said "wtf IS WRONG WITH you, you're a weird freak who likes little boys"

So miss me with the outrage lmao

driggonny

Banned
OH I didn't know. Carry on. I know a guy that shaved his legs and said women's razors are better but that's just one opinion.

I feel like I've heard the opposite from women lol

1. I ain't imply anything about being into kids, I said "look like a baby" aka being hairless.

2. It wasn't disparaging either. It was a question framed unde the guise of a joke, as only babies are hairless from top to bottom. Not like I said "wtf IS WRONG WITH you, you're a weird freak who likes little boys"

People on here seem to get more upset at joky replies to me than I do :p

kuYuri

This is what I use for trimming hair, especially useful for any length 1 inch+, but will also work for close trims. It's literally the best thing I've ever used.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RFS118/?tag=neogaf0e-20

If you are going for pubic hair around sensitive areas like testicles and such, it's still an area you treat like you were performing surgery, you will hurt yourself bad if you're not careful.

If you are trying to go for the smoothest look possible, shaving is still the way to go outside of expensive procedures like electrolysis/laser surgery. But again, you gotta be careful af or you will hurt yourself.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Shaved is better, IMO. I only have to shave like once every two or so weeks. Sucks for those of you that have Robin William's level of hair-regrowth I guess?

berzeli

Banned

Was a mostly preemptive comment. And might have been slightly harsher formulated than the situation required.

I just don't think that if someone asked about tips regarding e.g. growing a beard there would be comments (jokey or not) about why they would destroy their face in that manner.
(note: I don't actually believe beards destroy faces)
People on here seem to get more upset at joky replies to me than I do :p
Not upset, tired. There have been enough occasions in which this thread has had some annoying comments about this topic. Maybe a slight overreaction, but as I said there wouldn't really be the same sort of comments in this thread if someone asked about growing/maintaining facial/body hair.

Oh and with regards to your original question, I'd check if something like Nair/body trimmers/there-are-other-options-like-lasers-but-boy-they-cost-a-lot would work for you. Shaving the entire body is usually quite the project.

Kevyt

Could we not do the "disparage people who have different preferences re: body/facial hair and imply they're into kids" thing again. It's tiring and frankly just shitty.

What??

Electrolysis.

I've been considering removing body hair too, but not by shaving or trimming but by laser. However I can't figure out if my body hair is an issue or not, if I'm too hairy or not &#129300;

Kevyt

No, but I expect the animation to not look like absolute shit. Bioware has never been good at making people look like "human" beings and not weird ass twitchy puppets but still, this is on another level.

That shouldn't happen in a 5 years in dev AAA game by a major dev.

oh wait lol. I thought Horizon had bad animations....

Shaved is better, IMO. I only have to shave like once every two or so weeks. Sucks for those of you that have Robin William's level of hair-regrowth I guess?

Tell me about it. My ass hair is thick and gets unbelievably long. I'll never forget the horror of entering puberty witnessing my ass turn into a hairy mess. I have to trim it at least once a month or else it looks like someone glued a small dog to my buttocks.

daripad

I guess I'm the only one here that loves hairy asses :(

Btw guys, what do you use to trim your pubes? I want to try it once at least just to see how it looks on me &#129300;

Top Bottom