• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Kevyt

Speaking of age, I'll be turning 23 this year and I can't fucking believe it. It feels like this past five years have gone by so fast. I remember when it was just yesterday that I was 13 years old starting high school and here I am now... Getting older by the minute with life just passing by. I can't remember a year where I felt happy with a sense of accomplishment or something positive in life other than very miniscule experiences.

I am not looking forward to the next ten years lol.

Just had the flu. Although I did have unsafe sex a month and a half ago, so of course I'm thinking I got the HIV. But my whole family was sick so I dunno.

If it is HIV you won't hear from me again, that'll be the final nail in my coffin

C7oUy2zVsAABRpx.jpg

Having HIV doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Also, when are you going to get tested?

Speaking of age, I'll be turning 23 this year and I can't fucking believe it. It feels like this past five years have gone by so fast. I remember when it was just yesterday that I was 13 years old starting high school and here I am now... Getting older by the minute with life just passing by. I can't remember a year where I felt happy with a sense of accomplishment or something positive in life other than very miniscule experiences.

Having HIV doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Also, when are you going to get tested?

Lol talk to me when you can say that about an entire decade of your life. My 20s went by like a flash.

Dany

Banned
As someone who worked at a night club for a number of years, no you are not, lmao
That's slightly reassuring but ILL STILL BE OLD

Gawd in a few years I'll be like u
RIP GRAKL

Two more years and I'll say the same thing Dany says. Except that I have never been at a gay club (or any club at all) and I haven't had a boyfriend in my entire life :(
1. go to a gay club. They're fun!

In other news, my cats totally 100% love me and do not hate me

f5hClMgl.jpg

Yep. This is pure love and joy.

Kater

Banned
Bare chest and legs, I like i- um I mean cute cat! 😇

Tell me you didn't post that photo just to show off yourself, Dany. 😸

Same. Never felt like life is rushing by me tho. My childhood and teenage years seem like something that either happened to me in a different life. Seems way too distant to feel like something I experienced myself.

daripad

Clubs are fun, gooooo

No way Mexico doesn't have them

I've been to a straight club and it was fun until I got left alone lol

Tbh I'm not a terrible dancer

1. go to a gay club. They're fun!
I want to go to one but I never find anyone to go with and I would never go by myself. I need gay friends in the city tbh

PS: I'm jelly because of dat body hair tbh

mantidor

Just had the flu. Although I did have unsafe sex a month and a half ago, so of course I'm thinking I got the HIV. But my whole family was sick so I dunno.

If it is HIV you won't hear from me again, that'll be the final nail in my coffin

C7oUy2zVsAABRpx.jpg

Hang in there, chances are is probably nothing, and even then HIV is not the end of the world. Just PLEASE never have unprotected sex again.

As I told you guys/gals/in-between before I'm on PEP and it's actually tough, I'm glad I don't have major side effects besides
diarrhea >_<
, but this glimpse into HIV medication has showed me that it is manageable, but it's not a walk in the park. I don't want to sound like a PSA but seriously people just always have protected sex, we can end this shitty virus in our lifetime.

Didn't get it. It seemed like such a good one too. :(

The search continues...

I'm in the same boat, perfect apartment and while I'm still waiting for confirmation that its available chances are low :/

Finding a place is hard, and I barely have a month left to find one D:

JCX

Gay clubs are fun. While going alone isn't ideal, it can be a good way to force yourself out of the safety blanket that friends can provide. I've done it a few times. At minimum, I just have fun dancing on my own like Robyn.

kuYuri

Lol talk to me when you can say that about an entire decade of your life. My 20s went by like a flash.

Same. I wasted so much of my 20s going to college and working shitty part time jobs, it's kind of depressing. And I've already entered my 30s with almost no friends or other social connections left. I should have had more fun in my 20s. At least now I got a career job, so yay I guess?

Sibylus

Banned
General update since I haven't said much on it in this thread. Apparently I'm a lady. Who knew? ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Edit: still bisexual of course :p

Congrats, girl! Who knew? You knew!

Good news! I got permission to share a photo of my bestie proposing to her girlfriend! They're so cute together. ^_^
She proposed at the "Hug Rug" at our local airport where they first met in person.

proposalhou11.jpg

I got to meet her at work tonight as well, and we're gonna hang out tomorrow, drink and play boardgames -- most likely Cards Against Humanity. So excited!

giphy.gif

its so cute ima dead

Kevyt

Same. I wasted so much of my 20s going to college and working shitty part time jobs, it's kind of depressing. And I've already entered my 30s with almost no friends or other social connections left. I should have had more fun in my 20s. At least now I got a career job, so yay I guess?

This is me at the moment... Well I'm not exactly working a bad job, benefits wise it is really good and I'm&#8203; getting a ton of experience, I like what I'm doing. However I just get home really tired and I feel like I'm not getting paid enough for what I'm doing. Job isn't secure at the moment because of funding so I'm just wondering if my contract will be renewed at the end of the fiscal year so I don't really know...

I also have too many supervisors and they all say one thing and it's always something completely different that it's confusing and frustrating. It's exhausting trying to keep them all happy when there's some communication issues.

I am so stressed... I feel like I should be enjoying my 20's but I'm just worrying about my job and thinking about it 24/7. I have no social life or friends that I can constantly see. I hate feeling so miserable. I:

Kater

Banned
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...s-upset-over-new-restricted-ratings/99407886/
http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/20/youtu...videos-are-hidden-in-restricted-mode-6522827/

So um, this happened? Yikes.

I'm slow when it comes to international news stuff lately so I'm just catching up. Not sure if people here have already talked about this.

I think everyone should follow Dany's example and start posting chest hair selfies tbh.
I don't really have much in the way of chest hair. Most of it seems to grow on my head and legs. So nothing really to show off in my case. :p

kuYuri

This is me at the moment... Well I'm not exactly working a bad job, benefits wise it is really good and I'm&#8203; getting a ton of experience, I like what I'm doing. However I just get home really tired and I feel like I'm not getting paid enough for what I'm doing. Job isn't secure at the moment because of funding so I'm just wondering if my contract will be renewed at the end of the fiscal year so I don't really know...

I also have too many supervisors and they all say one thing and it's always something completely different that it's confusing and frustrating. It's exhausting trying to keep them all happy when there's some communication issues.

I am so stressed... I feel like I should be enjoying my 20's but I'm just worrying about my job and thinking about it 24/7. I have no social life or friends that I can constantly see. I hate feeling so miserable. I:

Work is alright, but will often suck cause of co-workers and having a really toxic supervisor. I've been trying to transfer to another place within my job so I don't have to deal with that at least.

I'm also definitely getting underpaid due to where I live. Cost of living here is ridiculous and price of everything from housing to transportation to food increases while salary doesn't go up enough to compensate for it. Finding an affordable apartment that's not in a shitty neighborhood is a nightmare. All of the apartments I can find that fit that criteria will easily put a rent burden on me, but I'd rather that than worry about getting shot or mugged or something I guess.

And yeah, as you get older and everyone has the same responsibilities, it's harder to maintain contact and get togethers for socializing. It's really depressing to think about.

OrionX

I don't really have much in the way of chest hair. Most of it seems to grow on my head and legs. So nothing really to show off in my case. :p

Some like 'em hairy, some like 'em smooth. I ain't picky. I used to occasionally shave mine but I got sick of it since it just grows back twice as thick every full moon.

Astral Dog

lol you guys are babiés,have fun.go to parties,read a good book,watch a funny movie,meet someone special,adopt a puppy,study something interesting,give hugs,volunteer at your local charity,play a game,hold hands inside a church,tell someone nasty to fuck off etc.

I kind of accepted i have one foot in the tomb and don't give a shit anymore because what happens is going to happen anyways.might grow old and nobody will remember in a few years/months but im still alive dammit! &#128546;

lol you guys are babiés,have fun.go to parties,read a good book,watch a funny movie,meet someone special,adopt a puppy,study something interesting,give hugs,volunteer at your local charity,play a game,hold hands inside a church,tell someone nasty to fuck off etc.

I kind of accepted i have one foot in the tomb and don't give a shit anymore because what happens is going to happen anyways.might grow old and nobody will remember in a few years/months but im still alive dammit! &#65533;&#65533;

Hegel said something like we should discover our individual principles (or the things within our internal conceptual space that we can express value towards/find satisfaction in), and then regard the form or shape of our character as produced through our action in the world. Because action is the only thing that can mediate what we take ourselves or others to be. When we look at ourselves, we find that we have to 'become' something, or submit ourselves to the world, in order to have the meaningfulness of our action recognized by others, so they can 'confirm our principles'. And we have to be content with constantly noticing how in action we fail to live up to our standards, because that's that's a more honest and thus useful representation of where our actions really seem to come from: a usually-failing battle between our intentions and habit/non-reflexivity.

So the future isn't determinate, but you have to be content to see yourself mostly failing, or at least until something inside you changes. But I think the hope of something inside an individual changing is largely the individual's motivation for taking up larger/more important 'principles', so that they might 'become' them.

I'm like in a phase where I can only express optimism via 19th century German idealism.

Astral Dog

Hegel said something like we should discover our individual principles (or the things within our internal conceptual space that we can express value towards/find satisfaction in), and then regard the form or shape of our character as produced through our action in the world. Because action is the only thing that can mediate what we take ourselves or others to be. When we look at ourselves, we find that we have to 'become' something, or submit ourselves to the world, in order to have the meaningfulness of our action recognized by others, so they can 'confirm our principles'. And we have to be content with constantly noticing how in action we fail to live up to our standards, because that's that's a more honest and thus useful representation of where our actions really seem to come from: a usually-failing battle between our intentions and habit/non-reflexivity.

So the future isn't determinate, but you have to be content to see yourself mostly failing, or at least until something inside you changes. But I think the hope of something inside an individual changing is largely the individual's motivation for taking up larger/more important 'principles', so that they might 'become' them.

I'm like in a phase where I can only express optimism via 19th century German idealism.
I don't like them seeing themselves as failures because they are not. Nobody will ever see himself/herself as true worth unless they learn to accept their flaws and qualities and that they have a place in the world regardless of personal achievments sometimes imposed by others.
Its valid to get tired and anxious, but look for accomplishments and happiness in the smallest things and you might find them instead of looking at others.
And Umop you so wise i have to translate parts of your posts sometimes &#128566; maybe even more than foffy and notSelf combined ;^)
Edit: iim not sure if this has anything to do with the last comments anymore &#128531;

Kevyt

Eh... It's not that simple when you have bills to pay and working more than 40 hours a week and trying to go to school.

But I do read books and have two cats, and sometimes I have time to play video games! :p

Bladenic

I have no idea what any of this means (and I'm ashamed)

2qvs8qr.gif

Welp everyone else had a good run but it'll be over soon

Btw FUCK everyone who got the game early

C7gBeYIXUAEH4ui.jpg

Pretty much where i'm at, apparently there are issues with recording the game and a lot of it is blocked. I'll have to use software to stream it outside of the PS4's features.

Top Bottom