• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Launch trailer, JP boxart, March 3, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totakeke

Nintendo presents :O

b9UAPXr.jpg

zeldablue

Oh nooooooooooo....

I bet Link dies in one of those flashback scenes and Zelda is yelling "Open your eyes" at him...

Nooooo....The way it begins...it's showing his last memory, I know it is. Auuuugh...

random25

Splatoon plays behind the background. Seems to be the show favorite lol.

I really dig the Japanese VA. Fingers crossed for dual audio.

Can you imagine what the launch lineup would have been like if Nintendo had made Zelda Wii U exclusive? This wasn't a Switch title at the start of development. If they hadn't decided to port it to the Switch, they wouldn't be launching in March with these other titles. I'll bet they would have waited for more games.

wmlk

Yeah, the actual game doesn't look nearly as exciting as the trailer makes it out to be. Still, when I play the thing (probably end of this year?) I hope it delivers.

Yeah, the actual game doesn't look nearly as exciting as the trailer makes it out to be. Still, when I play the thing (probably end of this year?) I hope it delivers.

You don't have Link's full moveset until you get off the plateau, then shit gets real fast.

Edit: Well, she died Quick. I like how fast the load times are.

LOL players seem to get themselves killed really quickly.
I wonder if there will be complaints of difficulty.

Probably not, but there are a decent amount ways to die which is nice for a zelda game. But it's never really frustrating since the load times are extremely fast.

aka_bueno

The framerate looks SO rough and choppy, it's a bit disappointing :(

Im viewing on mobile, and it's very noticeable. Really hoping for a last minute polish pass or that this is an outdated build. Crossing fingers the final game runs smooth.

hughesta

Banned

Im viewing on mobile, and it's very noticeable. Really hoping for a last minute polish pass or that this is an outdated build. Crossing fingers the final game runs smooth.
I really doubt Nintendo would release the game in such a rough state.

ReyVGM

I'm so glad I can't see this alleged roughness and choppiness people claim they see.

ReyVGM

Did someone get a shot of the adventure log screen? Really curious about it

A few of the recent gameplay videos have footage of it.

Spoilers:
Only two options where available, the main quests which are the mandatory ones you have to do to progress the game.
And the other option is 'memories', it seem you unlock a bunch of Link's memories. I think those memories are the story segments we've seen where the Master Sword is intact.

ReyVGM

Thanks, i think you probably get these when you get near a goddess statue

Please remove my quote just in case people don't want to see that info. Personally I wish I had not seen it. I think the log screen reveals too much info. It should show you the info you've unlocked, not future events.

*edit*
Thanks.

ckaneo

Just realize, since Nintendo expanded the Zora race to include more styles of fish, it sort of suggest that the falco character and Kass could be an expanded Rito

robotrock

Banned
Can you imagine what the launch lineup would have been like if Nintendo had made Zelda Wii U exclusive? This wasn't a Switch title at the start of development. If they hadn't decided to port it to the Switch, they wouldn't be launching in March with these other titles. I'll bet they would have waited for more games.

they probably would have still done it. 3DS launch was waaaay worse than this

mrmickfran

I just went to the Wikipedia page for this game and it says that the game only has one composer, a one Manaka Kataoka.

Where the hell are Yokota and Kondo? Too busy working on Mario? D:

I just went to the Wikipedia page for this game and it says that the game only has one composer, a one Manaka Kataoka.

Where the hell are Yokota and Kondo? Too busy working on Mario? D:

There's been no official confirmation which composer is. Most likely it's a team of composers also.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
A few of the recent gameplay videos have footage of it.

Spoilers:
Only two options where available, the main quests which are the mandatory ones you have to do to progress the game.
And the other option is 'memories', it seem you unlock a bunch of Link's memories. I think those memories are the story segments we've seen where the Master Sword is intact.
So basically we're getting an AC:Revelations type deal??

I'm gonna go ahead and assume from here on out that at the end of the game, Link gets returned 100 years into the past, to live out his life.
And that's who Old Man is

I'm gonna go ahead and assume from here on out that at the end of the game, Link gets returned 100 years into the past, to live out his life.
And that's who Old Man is

Nah, Link died 100 years ago. He was resurrected specifically to defeat Ganon for the last time. After doing that, he returns to being dead. Bittersweet ending, etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom