• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Online - Noclip Documentary Teaser

MilkBeard

I'm in.

If you wanna watch a similar series right now, try out Speaker of Hydaelyn's Fall and Rise of Final Fantasy XIV.

Just watched through all five episodes, good stuff. Now I'm hyped to see noclip go in-depth and do interviews with staff and other details.

Seeing this stuff makes me wish I could have played during the end of the 1.0 era.

I will have to watch this to figure out what Yoshida did that actually deserves praise, from what I can tell he just had the team create a WoW clone.

#praisetanaka

Watch the series of videos I quoted above and you will see why Yoshida is praised. And ARR is not perfect, sure, but at least it is a very solid, enjoyable game that is not a broken mess.

Zomba13

With the exception of Diadem and Lords of Verminion, sure.

I think at least with those it shows effort. Like, even if they missed with that stuff (I actually think LoV is pretty cool but obviously not something the majority cares about at all) they made an attempt at something new, more than they did with the 2.x patch cycle.

I still think 2 dungeons/1 dungeon is going to suck especially for me as a casual who mostly does the dungeon grinds for the tomes to gear up (who knows, maybe this will force me to git gud?).

Anyway, super hyped for this. I love the previous Noclip docs and very much looking forward to one on a game I love that I didn't think Danny would even look in the direction of.

Thoraxes

This is a story that definitely needs to be told.

As someone who has been with the series the whole time, the arc of the state of the game from Alpha to now is nothing short of a minor miracle.

Thoraxes

I will have to watch this to figure out what Yoshida did that actually deserves praise, from what I can tell he just had the team create a WoW clone.

#praisetanaka

Dude figuratively brought the sunken Titanic up from the bottom of the ocean, and put it back together so it couldn't crash from hitting an ice berg while making it a luxury experience.

The kind of overhaul that happened is pretty much unprecedented.

Just watched through all five episodes, good stuff. Now I'm hyped to see noclip go in-depth and do interviews with staff and other details.

Seeing this stuff makes me wish I could have played during the end of the 1.0 era.

1.0 had some cool features, but they're mostly overshadowed by the rest of the game. I still think that the characters having weight and momentum in the running animations looked cool, but I also get why that had to go.

The same channel has another series that goes into some of the smaller features, areas, and other stuff that either got removed in the transition or still remain in the game.

The community mostly just misses the cat butts, tho.

jiggle

Are they not unterviewing tanaka?
1.0 would be the most interesting part I thought
Heard enough of 2.0 development

1.0 had some cool features, but they're mostly overshadowed by the rest of the game.
It's too bad really
It could've turned into the xi 2.0 that I wanted if it didn't start off so bad

mileS

I still hold fond memories of 1.0 because of all the time spent with the GAF linkshell. If it wasn't for them I would have dropped the game early on. Big shout out to Dega, Renta Hamster, Unknown Soldier, Kessah Shrykewolf, Eithne Rain Jinko Jinko. Too many to list and I'm surprised I remember that many.

Anyways, I need to give this a watch tonight.

Squishy3

Are they not unterviewing tanaka?
1.0 would be the most interesting part I thought
Heard enough of 2.0 development
It's probably going to detail the entire process of keeping 1.0 running and updating it while working on 2.0 simultaneously until they had to shut down the servers to begin work on migrating the account data from 1.0 and getting them ready for 2.0 all the way to when the documentary was finished.

They were probably unlikely to be able to get a hold of Tanaka (unless they're saving it as a huge surprise) as I understand they were only in Japan for a week.

Qvoth

the 1.0 beta fried my laptop
had to play 1.0 in a stupid resolution, i think it was 800x600 or some shit
quit few days after

Top Bottom