• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ's bankruptcy sale details: Auction on January 22nd, Will Allow Piecemeal Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manveer Heir ‏@manveerheir
Sounds like THQ is done. Sources told me that Ubisoft has purchased South Park and THQ Montréal (Patrice Déselit's team). Take 2 gets Vigil

Sounds like Take 2 may just take Vigil's IP and assets and shutter the company, but that's not 100% clear so take that as a rumor for now.

https://twitter.com/manveerheir/status/294169651603197954

Holy Shit. Patrice back at Ubi. Maybe he can consult on AC4.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sounds like THQ is done. Sources told me that Ubisoft has purchased South Park and THQ Montréal (Patrice Déselit's team). Take 2 gets Vigil

Haha.

r5bgM0w.jpg

jett

D-Member
Desilets going back to the house of Ubi has to be some sort of cosmic destiny.

I can't believe Vigil is being left to die. What the fuck?

Maztorre

Sega actually had the money to throw around for Relic?

Sega do actually have assets for purchases like these, especially on PC since they have multiple successful PC studios/franchises. Their overlords have basically stopped Sega doing anything major in console retail (besides Sonic), or letting Sega of America near anything approaching decision-making after their multiple failed attempts over the years to either reboot existing Sega IP (Golden Axe) or try and make Sega a movie license shovelware factory (Iron Man).

Relic are in good hands given Creative Assembly's run with Sega so far.

Mileena

Banned
But didn't Darksiders II bomb sales-wise, and word of mouth was from gamers pretty bad? 1 good game followed by 1 disappointment doesn't make them any attractive buy I'd guess.
It improved on the first game in almost every way possible. I don't know how people could prefer the first honestly.

i bet some exec will shuffle him off somewhere for a year so they can savour what has happened.

but yeah, not bringing him back to the franchise would be a mistake

I'm sure they wouldn't rip him away from his current project. That could be Ubi's next big franchise. But they'd also be dumb not to bring him in to consult on future AC games. They clearly got away from what made AC2/Brotherhood awesome.

BearPawB

Banned
manveerheir: Update: Looks like the Take 2 deal wasn't for Vigil's IP and assets, but rather Turtle Rock's project. Will let you know if I get more info.

Quentyn

Manveer Heir@manveerheir
Update: Looks like the Take 2 deal wasn't for Vigil's IP and assets, but rather Turtle Rock's project. Will let you know if I get more info.

Beckx

Wonder if the purchase of Relic included the license for Warhammer/40K, and whether that license allows for more games?

Because Total War 40K would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom