• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT8| Who wants to talk about Murders?

What shall El Topo's avatar be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Current Signups:

Players:

1) Lone_Prodigy
2) Hey_Monkey
3) isaacnukem
4) Dusk Soldier
5) nin1000
6) NeckToChicken (new)
7) weemadarthur
8) kitsunelaine (new)
9) acohrs
10) LaunchpadMcQ
11) Karkador
12) rac
13) franconp
14) Fat4all
15) melonrabbit
16) Blargonaut
17)
18)
19)
20)

2 late 2 register?

nin1000

Banned
This is looking lit
19225838_441855822848286_2322985536060189674_n.jpg

Players:

1) Lone_Prodigy
2) Hey_Monkey
3) isaacnukem
4) Dusk Soldier
5) nin1000
6) NeckToChicken (new)
7) weemadarthur
8) kitsunelaine (new)
9) acohrs
10) LaunchpadMcQ
11) Karkador
12) rac
13) franconp
14) Fat4all
15) melonrabbit
16) Blargonaut
17) Kalor
18) CornBurrito
19) Cewyn
20) Zubz

I'll put the thread up and get role PM's out later today, and hopefully we should be able to start tomorrow.

nin1000

Banned
Players:

1) Lone_Prodigy
2) Hey_Monkey
3) isaacnukem
4) Dusk Soldier
5) nin1000
6) NeckToChicken (new)
7) weemadarthur
8) kitsunelaine (new)
9) acohrs
10) LaunchpadMcQ
11) Karkador
12) rac
13) franconp
14) Fat4all
15) melonrabbit
16) Blargonaut
17) Kalor
18) CornBurrito
19) Cewyn
20) Zubz

I'll put the thread up and get role PM's out later today, and hopefully we should be able to start tomorrow.

I love you mate
2100266153_14b6ccf96e.jpg

El Topo

We're currently collecting avatar suggestions at Discord. If you want to see some of the nasty stuff people have proposed already or want to put in a suggestion yourself, feel free to join us there.

batsnacks

I was posting stuff elsewhere about how I play day 1 and wanted to try to explain it here.

So town has 3 "jobs" on the first day: don't get voted, vote mafia, cover power roles.

"don't get voted" - It's town's job to not do things that can be interpreted as having a mafia agenda, (1) it makes it easier for mafia to vote innocent towns and (2) it makes it harder for town to vote actual mafia.

"vote mafia" - Most games are less than 30% mafia members, so you can usually say that if town can lynch 1/3rd of a mafia member every day, town will win. With that in mind a person that has 30% mafia equity on day 1 is a good vote; if I, as town, can lynch someone that is mafia 30% of the time on day 1 I should be winning.

When a person does a thing or makes a post that could be interpreted as being mafia agenda-ed, their mafia equity increases for me, and since town is being careful not to make posts that could be interpreted this way (see "don't get voted"), mafia agendas get punished this way and mafia is forced to play town's game.

When I'm looking for who to vote on day 1 I ask myself, "would I bet $100 that this person is mafia for a chance to win $300?" If the answer is yes then I should vote this person and try to get them lynched. Even if I can't get them lynched, by voting them and pushing them I am establishing connections with them in the thread. If they flip mafia later, my town equity will increase significantly for pushing them on day 1, and since I have decided they have %30 or more mafia equity then it is a winning bet. My implied odds on winning town equity later are even better if I push more than 1 person like this!

Also if possible I should be voting in a way so that if I am wrong (%30 is usually wrong), I am enabling myself to find an even more equitable person, for example %40, on day 2.

"cover power roles" - Mafia keeps a list of all the townies and, whether mentally or literally, assigns power role equity to each of them. If a person becomes equitable enough, mafia is going to night kill them. As vanilla town you should provide power roles cover by doing things that increase your power role equity in the eyes of mafia (this doesn't mean fake claiming!).

More importantly, as a power role you should provide yourself cover by doing things that decrease your power role equity from mafia's pov. The easiest way to do this is to play normal.

that's my day 1!

roytheone

So, with the pro brexit crowd winning brexit mafia, will all the people that said that anti pineapple pizza winning meant that anti pineapple pizza is the official gafia stance now be consistent and also see pro brexit as the official gafia stance? Hmmm? Well???

So, with the pro brexit crowd winning brexit mafia, will all the people that said that anti pineapple pizza winning meant that anti pineapple pizza is the official gafia stance now be consistent and also see pro brexit as the official gafia stance? Hmmm? Well???

The people voted brexit, and we must listen to the will of the people.

Just rubbish. First game I really really felt I was into , no bs and then I get nightkilled on N1.

I am done

At least your side is off to a great start. I know that playing for only one day sucks, but I'd definitely take that.

It's not like there will be a shortage of these games, anyways.

cabot

LIVE MAFIA - BREXIT? BREXIT!!!!!!!!!

It'll be on Discord. I may run the game, but I also want to test this Werewolf Discord Bot Thang.

It's not actually about brexit, though.

THE GAME WILL START ROUGHLY:
ora_1498861800.png

SIGN-UPS:

1. hey_monkey
  2. melonrabbit (maybe) (older)
  3. Fireblend
  4. Verelios
  5. acohrs
  6. Lone_Prodigy
  7. nin1000

LIVE MAFIA - BREXIT? BREXIT!!!!!!!!!

It'll be on Discord. I may run the game, but I also want to test this Werewolf Discord Bot Thang.

It's not actually about brexit, though.

THE GAME WILL START ROUGHLY:
ora_1498861800.png

SIGN-UPS:

It's my birthday Friday.

Put me down as a maybe, cab.

Dear Blargonaut,

When the time comes, will you go to Love Boat 2 with me? I would be the best/worst straight man for you.

✿♥‿♥✿

-monkey

Top Bottom