• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

luchadork

BTW sometimes I don't really get Don, I mean he seems kinda oblivious to how loved he and his shows are by the fans; for example when Kyle said to keep the new level he made for a new Don's Design Lab he said "whatever, I don't care"... and I was like :(

I could be wrong but... I'm pretty sure Kyle was like 'lets play that surprise level you were saving for dons design lab' and then don was like 'you ruined the surprised. but sure... play it...' aka 'i do care' aka sad don.

The mario maker stream definitely reinforced for me that I personally like their content the best whenever they can leverage their unique creativity. Not to take away from the other things those are often cool too and definitely essential as well. Just things like the trial, the betting specials, the weird streams, dioramas, whenever Huber can use his story telling skills, etc, strike a special chord with me.

agreed totally.

abrack08

What's BBT?

Big Bang Theory? I'm gonna die if that's what they meant

Joke/Bit during table top escapades spoilers:
Huber compared a DnD enemy to a Game of Thrones character that was a spoiler for GoT. Kyle then said something along the lines of "Wait, did you just spoil BBT?!" And it became an ongoing joke of the episode,
with at least one "Bazinga" from Ben

Podcast spoilers
Blood and Huber switching roles was an awesome podcast game. Great send in/suggestion!
That's my favorite game they've done. Great stuff

Kyles game was a bit messy. It was hard for me to understand (and the panel As well) what Kyles phrases meant. There were Big omissions
How do you miss the division. The biggest seller of all games during those months
and their thoughts on the R&C reboot were odd. The game sold a ton and had a lot of positive feedback

mishakoz

That's my favorite game they've done. Great stuff

Kyles game was a bit messy. It was hard for me to understand (and the panel As well) what Kyles phrases meant. There were Big omissions
How do you miss the division. The biggest seller of all games during those months
and their thoughts on the R&C reboot were odd. The game sold a ton and had a lot of positive feedback

In the context of Kyle's game, I can see why R&C should be groovin. But, in general, for fans of the series the R&C reboot was incredibly lackluster. I created the Ratchet Retro for Gametrailers so Im pretty well versed in the series, so here are my quick thoughts as to why Huber and others think the way they do.

-So many repeated guns for a series that used to be all about the guns. Combuster, Zurkon, Groovitron have all been in 6 or so mainline games. Considering they used to never repeat guns before, it comes off as incredibly lazy
-Copied and pasted levels from the original. Same exact layout, which is fine for a remaster, buts it not a remaster, its more of a remake or re imagining so keeping the same terrain is strange
-The flow of the game completely changed, maybe because of the movie. Ratchet and Clank were sort of reluctant friends in the original and had actual character development. It's missing in this one, almost entirely. They are just suddenly good friends.
-Some of the characters changed for the worse. Ratchet got a little too starry-eyed and Drek became too goofy.
-In general, it didnt innovate or excel on anything. As a fan of the series, its kind of an enigma where I felt a factory made this game.

I think a lot of people liked it because it was their first ratchet game in a long time, and it is very streamlined, but for fans or even people who have just played the game it comes off as a step backward.

Tankard

Austin Brackeen‏ @abrack08 4 h
Em resposta a @KyleBosman
Wow how long ago was The Game Awards? pic.twitter.com/nLVg3an3xW

C-Yb6wBUwAAZ08Z.jpg:large

OMG! He is white Bill Cosby. Noooo.

Well this mini group stream is surprising. A partnership with GOG. They giving away free copies of double dragon trilogy to the first 200 people. A once a month minimgroup stream

And they have a partnership with GOG with referrals where EZA gets a bit of a slice. Sort of like GAF has with Amazon.

Got my free copy

Karu

Well this mini group stream is surprising. A partnership with GOG. They giving away free copies of double dragon trilogy to the first 200 people. A once a month minimgroup stream

And they have a partnership with GOG with referrals where EZA gets a bit of a slice. Sort of like GAF has with Amazon.

Got my free copy
Huh, very interesting. Will watch the stream later. Who of the Allies participated?

TTE is a bit in a dull right now for me personally. Not the most interesting encounters, it feels like they are running circles for a while - I make a point of watching TTE exclusively without multi-tasking as I do with almost any other EZA content, but it still looses me half the time. Those BBT-jokes were fun, though. :D

Also still running through the Ben-Xenoblade playthrough, at Part 6 now. Makes going through Mass Effect Andromeda real easy. Great game, great stream! (Paused on Persona, motivation hit a serious low after hitting the fifth palace, wanting to skip dialogue and all :-( )

Karu

Brandon, Damiani, Huber, Blood and Kyle just showed up
Oh wow nice. Looking forward to it!

No interest in Double Dragon tho... 2D brawler games are beyond boring... *runs*

Well except that one random Power Rangers game I played for SNES back in the day, but that is mostly nostalgia heh

Since they were asking for feedback on stream here's mine

GOG is a great company that I've used for years. Partnering with them is ok in my book. This isn't some shady G2A site that a lot of streamers have done.

The free copies in stream is a good touch. Reminds me of the GT live days.

And More group streams are always welcomed and I think they handled the GOG promotion well. Brought it up only a couple times so it wasn't overbearing. Didn't have any shill vibe. They're just a stream sponsor and it didn't come off of them trying to sell the game they're streaming. Since the partnership is for all games in their store and not just the game shown helps a lot

Budi

Didn't they already have some kind of recommendation page on GOG earlier too, maybe for the christmas season? I vaguely remember this being a thing, but it was just temporary and not promoted very well or clearly.

Didn't they already have some kind of recommendation page on GOG earlier too, maybe for the christmas season? I vaguely remember this being a thing, but it was just temporary and not promoted very well or clearly.
Yea they had some connections with GOG for a while with a recommendation page. But they never really talked about it much.

Budi

Could be cool too if they started a Steam curator group. Not sure how many people really check those though. But it's free, easy to do and would give a bit more visibility. I'd follow it.

Dang, guess I need to check their website more often, I had no idea they had a group stream last night. I'd really suggest firing out a tweet or something whenever anyone is going live.

Haven't seen the stream - but more group streams aren't ever a bad thing! Hopefully they also make some money through this. A win for them and a win for us.

Axass

Since they were asking for feedback on stream here's mine

GOG is a great company that I've used for years. Partnering with them is ok in my book. This isn't some shady G2A site that a lot of streamers have done.

The free copies in stream is a good touch. Reminds me of the GT live days.

And More group streams are always welcomed and I think they handled the GOG promotion well. Brought it up only a couple times so it wasn't overbearing. Didn't have any shill vibe. They're just a stream sponsor and it didn't come off of them trying to sell the game they're streaming. Since the partnership is for all games in their store and not just the game shown helps a lot

Agreed 100%.

Only, next time don't let Huber pick the game, lol. Also I'll never get anything from the giveaways because when they stream it's 3 AM here. If you can make it a lil' more euro-friendly it'd be appreciated.

Mikey Jr.

I have a question about how patreon works.

So lets say I donate on April 25th and then when May 1st comes around and I get charged, I decide to cancel after that. Does that mean I have access to their stuff for only 5 days?

Kneefoil

I have a question about how patreon works.

So lets say I donate on April 25th and then when May 1st comes around and I get charged, I decide to cancel after that. Does that mean I have access to their stuff for only 5 days?

Yep. Better to cancel your pledge at the end of a month, if you're going to do it.

Ray Down

Banned
I have a feeling Kyle will dislike JoJo part 5 but love 6.

Also, people who can't get down with JoJo'd over the topness should try part 7 anyway.

Anyway! I'll probably not follow EZAnime but the new format is pretty good. Friend Code keeps being great too, just can't believe people complained about the letters section, smh.

Part 7 may be legit best part, though some may not be able to take the twist with the story.

If people hate the weirdness of Jojo, NEVER read Part 8.

Dang, guess I need to check their website more often, I had no idea they had a group stream last night. I'd really suggest firing out a tweet or something whenever anyone is going live.

Haven't seen the stream - but more group streams aren't ever a bad thing! Hopefully they also make some money through this. A win for them and a win for us.

We generally do, but it was a bit hectic getting started as Frame Trap ended late and we had some weird technical difficulties to figure out. So totally forgot to tweet. Also, don't forget Twitch automatically sends notifications if you're a follower.

Hasney

Going to get a few beers as beer and Fiasco is the best combo, finish off the last of my Friday podcasts with MK8, then DIVE IN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom