• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

vocab

Anyone else getting burnt out? Starting to not really look forward to raid nights and kinda just want them to be over so I can do other things.

I mean, yeah. The game doesn't really have anything to do outside of raid for me. My guild died at M guldan due to burnout/tired of blizzards shit, and having to rebuild just to kill him sucks. I haven't gotten an upgrade in 4-6 weeks. I've been at the same Ilvl forever. There's people who are 4-8 Ilvl's higher than me and the biggest deciding factor is 925 TF pieces. Fuck TF, the most cancerous thing in the game. Also, knowing your spec is dead in 7.2.5 sure helps out your motivation levels.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Surprising nobody, Mark of the Sentinax has been hotfixed.

5474jmkl3uty.png
Yes. I was able to finish the quest very quickly.

As far as I can tell the only thing happening with legion invasions is lag. Took me 20 minutes to complete one invasion.

Speaking of invasions, anyone know when the invasions are going to stop or are we going to see them the rest of the expansion?

Jag

As far as I can tell the only thing happening with legion invasions is lag. Took me 20 minutes to complete one invasion.

Speaking of invasions, anyone know when the invasions are going to stop or are we going to see them the rest of the expansion?

Blizz said they will never end.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
The lag or the invasions? lol

Invasions are AWESOME for leveling, so I hope they keep them going.

The lag is the issue - it can get ridiculous during any attempt at going cross-realm, with or without WQGF.

They are pretty awesome, though, especially if the invasion has a good 3-5 'kill boss' (instead of the % bar fillers)

cdyhybrid

My money's on Havoc DH to be a lot less important. I think Sub and Destro will mount a comeback. Sin is going to be ridiculous since it scales so well and they are barely touching it.
Havoc will get fixed quickly if they break it. There would be no reason to play DH if Havoc weren't viable.

Tarazet

Havoc will get fixed quickly if they break it. There would be no reason to play DH if Havoc weren't viable.

I'm sure it will still be viable, but right now it is basically a Warlock with all the benefits of being a melee with the instant burst. In raids they are balanced, in 5 mans and PVP they are OP as fuck.

cdyhybrid

I'm sure it will still be viable, but right now it is basically a Warlock with all the benefits of being a melee with the instant burst. In raids they are balanced, in 5 mans and PVP they are OP as fuck.
Yeah, but dungeons and PVP are sideshows. In terms of balance anyway.

CHC

I'm back from Legion launch for 7.2 and while I am loving the game in general (having tons of fun after switching from Arms to Fury), yah, I'll definitely agree that Broken Shore is pretty whatever.

It's aesthetically terrible (seen craggy fel zones a billion times by now) and a huge pain to navigate, plus the rewards are really not incentivizing outside of learning flying. Nether shares have given me HORRIBLE 880 gear several times too, which is a huge disappontment when it happens. And finally, there isn't really much of a.... quest there at all. Like the Legionfall Armies faction just doesn't feel urgent enough at this point. Like I don't feel like it's a war effort, just a stationary collection of tasks for a bunch of celebrity NPC hanging out in their camp.

Overall I still love Legion, I think it's probably been the most enjoyable expansion for me personally in quite some time, but the whole Broken Shore zone is kind of cruddy. It'd be cool if they did Argus as a similar (but better) zone though, and hopefully not just a raid (or an expansion, since I have had quite enough green corrupted stuff to last me for a while).

Milennia

since being back ive killed guldan twice and holy shit that fight is terrible now with all the gear which feels pretty bad.

just in under the mindset that im gearing for tomb and that has gone well so far, im like 912 after 3 weeks starting at 902-903

v1perz53

I found a use for void storage! It's where I jam all of my tabbards that I'm holding on to for whatever reason.

Why are you holding on to them? They're part of the transmog UI, I can't think of a reason to keep them around especially in void storage unless I'm missing something? Not sure if there are some you can't buy back if you sell them, I would definitely hold onto those (like Tabard of the Lightbringer I'm assuming)

Lomax

Why are you holding on to them? They're part of the transmog UI, I can't think of a reason to keep them around especially in void storage unless I'm missing something?

Quite a lot of the tabards have "on equip" functions or even on use abilities, none of that transmogs. And some of us are just digital hoarders.

v1perz53

Quite a lot of the tabards have "on equip" functions or even on use abilities, none of that transmogs. And some of us are just digital hoarders.

Oh yea I understand, but that's why I was specifically confused about Void Storage. My Argent Tournament tabard is useful to have, but not if I have to pay 20g and find a Void Storage person every time I want it. They just seem like things that if you were gonna use at all, you'd want them somewhere more convenient (and free) like the bank.

mclem

Yay and boo: Got my first 920 Titanforge yesterday, but it's non-tier shoulders, which leads to some awkward decisions about how to balance my legendaries and my tier. At least I don't really need my 4-set yet, so I can afford to fall down to 2. And the piece that would make my 4-set shine? The legendary helm, which forces me into having to have my tier set as chest, gloves, legs and cloak - and we're not a Heroic Gul'dan guild at the moment (6/10), so my legs are going to be limited for a while.

So maybe I don't want the legendary helm to drop in a hurry after all!

Magnus

Sentinax needed to be hotfixed? I did it two days ago. Grouped with people. Summoned a bunch of portals. We were done in like 5 mins...

Jag

My arcanite ripper was sold when my account got hacked.
I'm still pissed.

That sucks. I remember rolling on it on my Hunter in a random pug. They were pissed because it was just a stat stick for me and an upgrade for them, but I don't regret rolling for it at all.

v1perz53

Just got Broken Isles flying, now what the hell do I do?

All the things you were doing already, but way faster and easier.

Speaking of mounts, anyone in the US can enjoy feeling like a Druid while the Nether Disruptor is up, allows you to interact with things while mounted. Last two buildings have not been exciting as a druid hah, MT gave water walking while mounted and Disruptor gives another mounted bonus I already have.

lazygecko

Didn't know Protection Paladins where fun to level up,they are also good for solo content right even at 110?

Prot is alright for soloing. Personally I enjoy warrior prot more for that. The true fun in paladin prot for me is playing as a dedicated support role in PvP. All the utility spells + the talent that lets you cast Hand of the Protector on others for a percentage-based heal is wonderful. I'm often not far behind the actual healers in the charts (and most enemy players are going to leave you alone since you're a tank and not technically classified as a healer, so you pretty much get to freecast heals all the time).

Zelias

Banned
First Legionfall supplies donation on my mage I get her second legendary - Lady Vashj's Grasp.

BiS as far as I'm aware.

Makes up for the Norgannon's as her first.
I just got Norgannon's as my fourth on my mage, heh.

(My others are Magtheridon's Burnished Bracers, Shard of the Exodar and Kil'jaeden's Burning Will)

lazygecko

For some reason my internet has started becoming very unresponsive/freezes while WoW is in a loading screen and I have alt-tabbed. Chrome won't load any pages (stuck with the message that it's waiting for cache memory) and Discord won't work either. Really odd.

Did both a dskchk and memory diagnostic to rule out any hardware issues and they haven't found anything, so I have no clue if this is due to some obscure change in WoW itself.

v1perz53

Huh I wonder if they nerfed the double AP chance from the last research tier. When I first got it I was consistently getting ~30% proc chance for like a week, but the past week it is way lower, something like a 5-10% proc chance. Doesn't really matter either way I guess, no real need to farm AP since the rest of the traits I have to get before Concordance are bad, and even Concordance isn't that big of a deal.

... these questions don't actually seem half assed this time. Like Ion is actually explaining the logic behind some of these decisions. I don't agree with some of them, but for the first time in a long time I have some actual insight into why they do what they do.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Welp, at least they removed the exalted with the Legionfall requirement for Class mounts, so I don't have to stress over any future alts.

Though that now means I need to do the Sentinax tag-game on a bunch of alts, lol.

Highlighting some other interesting stuff.

Eventually the team realized (late in the PTR cycle) that the zone felt pretty empty with not a lot to do. They accelerated the release of the weekly steps, only leaving filler for the rest of progression.

....What does this even mean? This right now, with the 'barely there' shard and sentinax quests....is the accelerated variant?

I sincerely hope I'm misunderstanding things, here.

The team completed a massive amount of content, but that doesn't mean anything to players if they feel like they don't have anything to do.
What more would you like to see?
If there were more traditional things like Isle of Thunder story questing, that would only add a few more hours of content. Is that enough?

Any sense of progression would be better than what we have here, yes.

The lag and latency issues are on the team's radar and they want to fix it.

To be fair, I'm honestly guessing WQGF has something do with this, but I really do hope this gets fixed without breaking that addon.

Heirloom upgrades are planned for Patch 7.2.5.

Ooh, imagine this + invasions....that'll be pretty quick leveling, lol.

Still has the underlying issue of class hall champion catch-ups, but that doesn't look to be happening, yet.

These (Paragon) chests still mostly reward the same thing, which is underwhelming. The team will discuss this.

THANK YOU.....although who knows what'll actually happen.

The team may have gone too far with bring the player, not the class. Sunwell was a long time ago and a different world. Not being viable without multiple group buffs is bad, but we are in a different place now.

The team would rather you take a slightly less geared Warlock rather than a third Hunter.

Really, really curious to see how they make this possible without returning to the exclusive buff system, tbh.

Robin64

....What does this even mean? This right now, with the 'barely there' shard and sentinax quests....is the accelerated variant?

I sincerely hope I'm misunderstanding things, here.

They mean that initially it would give you something big, like the dungeon unlock, then a week of filler like the shard times quest, then next week something big again like the class quest.. And so on. But that felt slow, so they moved all the big things forward, with the filler weeks left to make up the back half.

No rep requirement for mount is a great change. Means I have to interact with the Broken Shore as little as possible, which is what I've already been doing.
It means when 7.2 launched there would have been even more of a "well, that's it?" feeling as things like the dungeon might not be available right away, instead locked to future weeks. but they felt they still needed filler quests to hit a certain number of weeks, so there's just a lot of these types going forward.

The way it's turned out isn't great and Ion acknowledged that, but they really dodged a bullet by avoiding that original plan. It would have basically been every 7.2 complaint amplified if you couldn't even do Cathedral for a week or two.

Top Bottom