• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Screenshot Thread

vivekTO

Do you remember texture downgrade guy? Insisting that the vertical slice demo footage he'd seen on a Japanese streaming site known for shitty bit rates was representative of a downgrade?

Not as good as treegate, but good times nonetheless.

I remember that!!

Well, I made it 30 minutes in and had to quit before trying to help Clumsy McClumserton at the stealth tutorial. It looks amazing on my 65“ 4K HDR TV with the pro (easy there, Bragger McBraggarton).

Fortunately, my wife has a bunch of stuff to do tonight, so I can play a good chunk tonight.

barit

Naughty Dog better bring out their extra magic skills for TLOU2 because hot damn this game looks beyond amazing.

Eggbok

horizonzerodawn_20170eczkc.png

horizonzerodawn_20170sils6.png

Vuze

Think I'm gonna need a Pro for this one... OG PS4 shots don't look too hot and very muddy in comparison.
Eh, guess there should be a nice and cheap TLOU2 PS4 Pro bundle in 2019 lol.

jdstorm

Banned
This game looks a tier above UC4 and is open world. How in the fuck?

Im guessing Lighting + Skilled Photographers.

In a lot of ways the Open World may help the skilled photographers taking screenshots as it gives them more angles to play around with

Gunship

The visuals are truly astonishing in both their technical superiority and artistic direction. Every frame looks like concept art or a retouched promo still, I can't believe what I'm seeing in this game. Extraordinary.

Phediuk

This game feels like it went through a time warp from the 2020s. My jaw is on the damn floor from some of these shots.

mindatlarge

Wow, some beautiful pics in this thread. I have this game coming in a couple of days, no Pro, but this thread has made me seriously question getting one. Though I don't own a 4k or HDR compatible TV, so not so sure it'd be worth it. I'd imagine there wouldn't be much if any change to graphical fidelity at 1080p with a Pro?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This game looks ridiculous. I'm buying a Pro for this. Not that it doesn't look good on an OG PS4, but I want to experience dat amazing IQ (it downsamples to 1080p, right?).

After Zelda...

Tyaren

This game looks ridiculous. I'm buying a Pro for this. Not that it doesn't look good on an OG PS4, but I want to experience dat amazing IQ (it downsamples to 1080p, right?).

Yes, it does, and it the clearest and cleanest IQ I saw so far of any downsampled Pro game.

Wow, some beautiful pics in this thread. I have this game coming in a couple of days, no Pro, but this thread has made me seriously question getting one. Though I don't own a 4k or HDR compatible TV, so not so sure it'd be worth it. I'd imagine there wouldn't be much if any change to graphical fidelity at 1080p with a Pro?

I'm in the same boat as you.

Never felt the need for a Pro or a 4K TV but after Horizon, I'm browsing around for both.

That's not to say it doesn't look bad on the OG PS4, cause it looks amazing but on the pro it loooks AAAAAAAMAZING and I need that in my life, lol.

Sebmugi

SlasherJPC Two screenshots per post. Two consecutive posts permitted.

Simply the most beautiful and impressive game of all time oO

1488294160-horizon-zero-dawn-tm-20170228142947.png

1488294183-horizon-zero-dawn-tm-20170228143228.png

YoodlePro

Excuse me? What is up with these graphics man?

Like for real? Some of these screens look like high quality CG. What, how when wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

404 error

SpeedNut

I keep running through my head how I can get a PS4 Pro in the door without the Mrs. completely kicking my arse, and I just can't figure it out. But good lord these screenshots make me keep trying, lol.

Kane1345

I just got the game. It's going to take me ages to complete, I keep taking photos! Visually, it's the most impressive game I've ever seen. I don't know how they did it but GG are wizards! A few shots I took on standard PS4.

horizon_zero_dawn_20170228165033_by_kane1345-db0okfo.png

horizon_zero_dawn_20170228165711_by_kane1345-db0oken.png

sgs2008

how are you guys uploading such high quality screens mine seem to be quite compressed when transferring via usb from my pro

Top Bottom