• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy Registers Trademark for "Alan Wake's Return"

Tovarisc

Well it would fit the multiverse... but I would be disappointed.

We use Timeforce to open portals to different Earths and when we manipulate time inside of these portals with Timeforce we can enter these other Earths where mighty heroes like Alan Wake and Max Payne live?

Bad joke about Speedforce, sorry...

tumblr_mbw9plt0Il1ryolc3o1_400.gif

FLD

Oh God, please be a game. I don't even care about platform or Windows Store bullshit right now, I just want this to be a real game that is happening.

KorrZ

Loved Alan Wake so I hope it's already being worked on over there.

Great game, though definitely one that could benefit HUGE from the kind of iteration that usually occurs in sequels.

bidaum

Hopefully Remedy used the Quantum Break money and cycled their talent into a multi-platform Alan Wake 2 as they became available.

timmyp53

I wish people would stop referencing twin Peaks in relation to alan wake. It's inspired from its tone and themes but it doesn't hold a candle to it.

Its like bringing up raiders of the lost ark quotes if unearthed trail of ibn battuta gets a sequel...

it's lame..

They registered a bunch of Alan Wake domains a few years back but I hope, beyond hope, that this is real. They've been incredibly open about wanting to continue the story.

This would not surprise me. I get the vibe the games have some sort of connection

Remedy has already said that they are entwined and
that they have shot footage for cameo appearances with Ilkka Villi

Genio88

Alan Wake was my favorite game of last gen, i guess Quantum Break will do that for this gen...I really hope that trademark has something to do with a new Alan Wake game

Doesn't anyone think it's way too early to already announce a AW game when QB hasn't even released yet? If it does happen I ain't complaining, but there's a bigger chance it's QB related, sadly.

Doesn't anyone think it's way too early to already announce an AW game when QB hasn't even released yet? If it does happen I ain't complaining, but there's a bigger chance it's QB related, sadly.

It's not too early, QB went gold a week ago, Alan Wake ended on a cliffhanger in 2010. Sam Lake has been very forward about wanting to continue the story and thus, the monomyth, hence the title 'Return' (Which should be relayed in the OP)

That said, I don't expect them to announce anything until well after QB is out. Or, maybe via a cameo/secret ending.

Top Bottom