• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terminator 1 vs Terminator 2. Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer the first, it's a tighter, more unyielding experience without any of the cringe or pulled punches that T2 in its weakest moments has (Arnie riding on a motorcycle set to bad to the bone, John Conner's rad 90-ness).

That being said, I rewatched T2 recently and it brought them closer than I remembered. Kinda Hamilton is an absolute beast in it, the action scenes are obviously amazing, and narratively it goes to more interesting places than I gave it credit for.

I certainly wouldn't knock anyone for preferring T2, but when Arnie gets sent back in time and his massive frame looks over that LA nightscape you just know you're in for a trip, and it really doesn't let up from that (except for the lame love scene with Kyle Reese).
All of your points reflect my thoughts on the matter.
Discovered this channel yesterday, and has an excellent video on what makes T1's cinematography and action so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCKi8Fo31nE

Really great channel by the way, it's focused on analyzing and discussing action in movies
Thanks for this! Video essays on film are one of the few reasons I use YouTube.

Terminator was one of the first movies I recorded on vhs and I jerked it to Linda Hamilton so many times when I was 12. That's the sole basis for my vote.

Scarecrow

giphy.gif

The music, setting, everything. Chills, every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom