• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Kysuke

wow there was no justice for Gohan.

His ultimate should have been his famous Melee combination that he did on Buu. Why is he using Ki Blast anyway?

Boycotting the game if they don't have this as an alt.

kuIddt9.png

RootCause

I can't get over how much it looks like the actual show. Just amazing. It really sucks that it's almost impossible to have a giant roster in a fighter like FighterZ, due to the amount of work it would take to balance every character.

ayob

Would buying this on Steam be a bad decision vs the ps4 version? Has anyone bought a fighting game before on steam? Hows the online community?

Espada

Typically fighting games have better populations on consoles, for whatever reason they tend to not stick to one game for long before leaving. Which is annoying because it's also my preference to buy games like this on Steam.

FDC1

Beerus, Hit & Black Goku (with Zamatsu as assist) are introduced in the last VJump. Scans are available if you know where to search.

So movie characters and a few more super characters for dlc then
Im expecting

Broly
Bardock
Janemba
Gogeta
Vegito blue
Merged zamasu
Kefla
Jiren

And if they wanted to show GT some love they can replace 2 of em for omega and ss4 gogeta.

Also looking at the scans it seems like you can recreate iconic scenes from the anime if certain conditions are met before and after the battle

kunonabi

Happy to have Beerus but I couldn't care less about Goku Black or Hit. Hopefully that's it for Super outside of Ribrianne, Kale and Califla as DLC down the line.

Narasaki

Not only super characters are bad taste, but how in the world you balance shit like Beerus when he could destroy the entire galaxy in a blink? How could a team of Yamcha, Krillin and Tenshinhan could even fight against super retarded characters?

Not only super characters are bad taste, but how in the world you balance shit like Beerus when he could destroy the entire galaxy in a blink? How could a team of Yamcha, Krillin and Tenshinhan could even fight against super retarded characters?

Wait til you find out that both Nappa and Kid Buu can already fight each other

Kysuke

No way.

Big0Bear

People bitching about balance must not play fighting games. Superman would kill everyone in injustice 2 magneto Thanos kill everyone in marvel

Who cares they are giving us new cool characters and it doesn’t look like dlc. Let’s be fucking happy

imagine thinking that Super characters won't be included because it wouldn't be "balanced"

now imagine thinking that Super characters actually deserve to be in this game

(other than Beerus he's cool)

Veggy

Beerus and Hit are great additions, Black is....whatever I guess, so people can have an all Goku team?

Hope they add Broly/Cauli/Kale/Kefla as DLC, Roshi/Satan would be pretty sweet picks too

Jiren is probably a pretty safe bet to be added

royox

This post after hundreds of DBZ games where Yamcha can defeat Freezer, Cell, Buu and every Super Saiyan even ssj4 Gogeta is priceless.

The sad thing is we will probably get enough Gokus to field at minimum two whole teams. At least chances of us getting saddled with Turles and Bardock are slim.

I can definitely see Bardock being in. He been getting pushed hard in Heroes, like to the point where he has a SS4 transformation. He had a decent role in Xenoverse 2 too. He was also playable in Extreme Butoden as well. It's all so strange because I wasn't aware that Bardock was so popular

dbztrk

Does anyone remember if Videl ever did Ki blasts in Dragon Ball Z? If so, i think she should be included so we can have another female character from the Z series.

Veggy

Does anyone remember if Videl ever did Ki blasts in Dragon Ball Z? If so, i think she should be included so we can have another female character from the Z series.

She created a sphere while Gohan was teaching her but she has never used ki offensively, she has a variety of ki skills in fighting games though

royox

Wouldn't she just die for depleted ki if he tried? What could her power level be? Like 10?

oliander

Wouldn't she just die for depleted ki if he tried? What could her power level be? Like 10?

After her training, I would guess that she's between 120-150 during the tournament. She could definitely take out normal Budokai competitors at that level.

Typhares

New trailer in which we can see the latest characters announced (Beerus; Goku Black, Hit) as well as some mini scenes that can trigger if the right character do the right action.

Narasaki

why the music pack can't have more CLASSICS battle BGM? It's so weird to fight with the vocal endings and ops. They don't have the righs of the complete ost? I think the japanese tenkaichi ps2 games had a lot more battle bgm music from the series. So fucking dissapointed =(

why the music pack can't have more CLASSICS battle BGM? It's so weird to fight with the vocal endings and ops. They don't have the righs of the complete ost? I think the japanese tenkaichi ps2 games had a lot more battle bgm music from the series. So fucking dissapointed =(
So the 110 isn't worth it?

Should I just buy the deluxe?

Can anyone confirm the US version allows for toggle between Japanese/English voices? Also is it possible to have the original Japanese BGM as background music in-game or is it only if you preorder the Ultimate addition and its only those 11 songs off of the OST?

Maso

Neo Member
I really hope you can only use one version of Goku per team. Has there been any confirmation yet?

What percentage of the roster does Goku take up?

Maso

Neo Member
Is it really that funny? I actually liked how you couldn't have both versions of Kyo, Iori, Takuma on the same team in in KoF XIII.

kunonabi

Is it really that funny? I actually liked how you couldn't have both versions of Kyo, Iori, Takuma on the same team in in KoF XIII.

Dbz is low on characters as it is so i really don't see them limiting thier usage. As of now goku makes up 12.5% of the roster assuming android 21 is playable. That really isnt that bad all things considered. Now if we get base goku, kid goku, Bardock, Turles, and SS4 then ill start complaining.

Dbz is low on characters as it is so i really don't see them limiting thier usage. As of now goku makes up 12.5% of the roster assuming android 21 is playable. That really isnt that bad all things considered. Now if we get base goku, kid goku, Bardock, Turles, and SS4 then ill start complaining.
But bardock and turles are different characters...

Top Bottom