• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Icolin

Banned
John Stones placed a tattoo to placate his girlfriend after it became public he had cheated on her.

VJjGtxL.gif

DBT85

This is pretty tame for LFC comments, we've got some right nutters out there. Might not be ArsenalFan TV crazy, but we'd be close.

TBH there are fucking loons on all of them.

I browse Redcafe and some of the tripe there is terrible. They manage to dig up some of the funnier bits from the city and pool forums too though at least lol.

This is pretty tame for LFC comments, we've got some right nutters out there. Might not be ArsenalFan TV crazy, but we'd be close.

All clubs do. The longer they have been without success the crazier they usually are. Especially if they only watch that one team and ignorant to football as a whole.

sammex

Conte going all in on Spurs

When asked about Levy's claims that the fees clubs are paying on new talent is unsustainable, Conte replied: "My question is this: What are Tottenham’s expectations?

"If they don’t win the title, it’s not a tragedy. If they don’t arrive in the Champions League, its not a tragedy.

"If they go out in the first round of the Champions League its not a tragedy. If they go out after the first game that they play in the Europa League and go down against Gent, it is not a tragedy.

"Maybe for Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and - I don’t know - Liverpool, it is a tragedy. You must understand this. You must understand the status of the team.

cyber_ninja

Tailgating at FedEx field right now, the place is taken over by United fans : 70% to 25% ratio, the remaining 5% or so belongs to random people wearing Madrid, Chelsea, Munchen, Milan and random gear.

Somewhat funny, but also weirdly arrogant. It wasn't really that long ago when it wasn't a tragedy when Chelski didn't win the title, or when they missed out on CL. :p

Maybe Conte haven't read Chelsea's history that far back, but rather thought that the club started when a mysterious man from the east arrived through the Rainbow, and placed a pot of gold on Stamford Bridge.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

it's a "tragedy" for those other teams because they spend exorbitant amounts of players.

They need the players to get the CL and they need the CL to get the players. It's a death spiral that only the super super super rich can climb out of and that's no way to live.

Spurs have it right by investing in their stadium, the club and the academy.

casiopao

Juve-psg 3-2

Our Prince of Turin doing all the good job.^_^

And seeing Dani Alves not able to score against us is soooo good.^_^

Both City's new wing backs looking good so far.

It's also a bold move from Pep playing City without a defensive midfielder at all. Well it's a friendly after all.

TrueBlue

True.

it's a "tragedy" for those other teams because they spend exorbitant amounts of players.

They need the players to get the CL and they need the CL to get the players. It's a death spiral that only the super super super rich can climb out of and that's no way to live.

Spurs have it right by investing in their stadium, the club and the academy.

But this is also true.

Icolin

Banned
What happened to korean messi? I watched a YT video about his time at Barca youth academy, he sorta bamboozle with the ball around like messi

Lee Seung-woo? Probably leaving Barcelona soon; he's 19 and has barely played for the Barca reserves. There's apparently interest from teams in Germany.

He also played in the U20 World Cup this year in South Korea and scored two goals. Looks like a really good talent, but needs to get consistent playing time somewhere.

Looking at the Barca-ManU highlights. Cillessen seemed to have quite a nice game with some class saves, how are Barca fans rating him? Seems like Ter Stegen is the man in goal, but Jappie doesn't look half bad.

Also, it's still very weird to see Lukaku in a ManU kit.

slider

I was happy when Crystal Palace was chasing him. Now it seems like we're bidding for Adrian from West Ham. Should I still be happy?

Good keeper. I'd say comparable to Hart if you take a holistic approach. Had a few dips last season. But I can understand why he wouldn't wanna sit on the bench.

Yours for £18 million. And not a penny less.

Good keeper. I'd say comparable to Hart if you take a holistic approach. Had a few dips last season. But I can understand why he wouldn't wanna sit on the bench.

Yours for £18 million. And not a penny less.

£18 million? For Adrian? The quoted sum right now is £3.5 million. :)

Top Bottom