• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like Steam hit a new record for concurrent users

8,156,455 concurrent users

sWeKHYu.png

AVYMCMf.png

Incredible. Do you think DOTA2 will get to 1mill concurrent users?

Has any other game achieved that? When WoW had 12 mill subscribers, does anyone know what their concurrent users where?

Myggen

It blows my mind how popular Skyrim still is. The longevity of that game has been absolutely incredible, especially for a SP game. Long live the modding scene, I guess.

Incredible. Do you think DOTA2 will get to 1mill concurrent users?

Has any other game achieved that? When WoW had 12 mill subscribers, does anyone know what their concurrent users where?

I don't know WoW's numbers, but LoL had 7.5m last time I read about it. Aka as much as Steam's overall concurrent numbers.

And yes, Dota should reach 1m, though it hasn't grown a lot in this year. Maybe once custom modes are out.

Sanjay

Its insane how CS GO has turned around from a poor launch to massive success it is now and Dota 2 nearly at 1 million!

epmode

BTW, new installations of Steam no longer start with Windows by default. That option has to be turned on manually.

HariKari

Its insane how CS GO has turned around from a poor launch to massive success it is now and Dota 2 nearly at 1 million!

All it took was adding shiny collectible/tradable shit to the game. That, and fixing some other issues. Valve has got this economy stuff figured out. I think it's safe to assume that HL3 will ship with multiplayer, and some version of an economy. Wonder what it will look like? Gold crowbars?

What's more impressive than CS:GO, for me, is TF2 still chugging along.

All it took was adding shiny collectible/tradable shit to the game. That, and fixing some other issues. Valve has got this economy stuff figured out. I think it's safe to assume that HL3 will ship with multiplayer, and some version of an economy. Wonder what it will look like? Gold crowbars?

What's more impressive than CS:GO, for me, is TF2 still chugging along.

Shiny shit alone can only take you so far, as proven by TF2. Couple that with eSports and you got something.

Forkball

I'm always surprised Garry's Mod is constantly one of the most played games. What are people even doing with that thing?

kudoboi

I'm always surprised Garry's Mod is constantly one of the most played games. What are people even doing with that thing?

gamemodes. prophunt, deathrun, trouble in terrorist town, gmod murder, etc.

just trouble in terrorist town alone was 200 hrs for me.

Anno

Can't imagine how many copies of Skyrim have sold just on the back of the insane mods out there. Really curious if it'll just look like ES6 by the time that launches.

Einbroch

Banned
I highly doubt that. Steam is always growing at a pretty steady pace. It's insulting to claim that it only hit a new peak because the consoles weren't working.
It's not insulting. It would have gotten there eventually, but the fact that people couldn't play online on their consoles is definitely a factor. It's not an insult, it's a possible explanation.

orava

It's not insulting. It would have gotten there eventually, but the fact that people couldn't play online on their consoles is definitely a factor. It's not an insult, it's a possible explanation.

This happens every year. Why would it suddenly be because of the console problems?

Top Bottom