• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Pendulum

·feist·;246672706 said:
2748_900.gif

All bets are off now. And Laboum just got a music show win months ago, give me a break.

I hope groups take this as an opportunity to get a boost and not as a last chance. It's going to be heartbreaking anyway.

They got a """win"""
Thinking about the idols that got announced, there's quite a gap between actually super flop nugus and semi nugus who have been promoting but without mainstream success. Definitely feels like some are in this for the boost rather than the 'final chance' .. For Subin if she can get the exposure for people to notice her solo music that's already something.

llehuty

Gayoung and Jeonyul will be graduating from STELLAR ahead of contract expirations
WTF, they just had a comeback. Such an odd announcement one week before their 6th anniversary.

Let's remember where all began:
스텔라 (Stella) - Rocket Girl
&#49828;&#53588;&#46972; (Stella) - UFO MV <-- GOAT

I wonder if adding a member was a last ditch effort or their first step into rebuilding the group with other members.

I wonder if The Unit is out of question for them.

[Teaser] HUR YOUNG JI(&#54728;&#50689;&#51648;) _ Memory Clock(&#52628;&#50613;&#49884;&#44228;)
Boring, but I can't blame DSP trying to play the chart game with her.

Better first impression than Wee Woo for me. Feels very cohesive and they all fit better this less cutesy sound and concept. Also, that continuous shot that chains the whole first verse with the chorus, with all the members* having parts is fantastic.

*Xiyeon is not really singing there, but I'll allow Yehana getting extra lines after she was robbed in Wee Woo

170823 &#54532;&#47532;&#49828;&#54004; 'WE LIKE' &#51649;&#52896; PRISTIN 4K fancam - WE LIKE ('SCHXXL OUT' &#54532;&#47532;&#49828;&#54004; &#49660;&#52992;&#51060;&#49828;) by Spinel

I have always been low key obsessed with these songs too. Especially UFO.
Shocked Hyoeun isn't leaving as well, she's always been my fave but seemed kind of over it lately. But then again, that's just kinda her look.

WeeWoo has become the song that is almost always stuck in my head. Can't hate on this either.

Another new release that I like:

[MV] VICTON(&#48709;&#53668;) _ UNBELIEVABLE(&#47568;&#46020; &#50504;&#46076;)

llehuty

&#49548;&#45208;&#47924;(SONAMOO) - So Good &#50504;&#47924;&#50689;&#49345;(Dance Practice)
I think this is better than their title track.

Edit: Primary teaser pic:
?

Shocked Hyoeun isn't leaving as well, she's always been my fave but seemed kind of over it lately. But then again, that's just kinda her look.
UFO is hilarious and in the realm of so bad that is good. Also, apparently Hyoeun removed all Stellar related names from her social media a while ago, so maybe you are onto something.

That Victon song is also quite fun.

Luminaire

New Pristin is top tier &#9829; Glad they kept the Wee Woo feel despite how much I adore Black Widow.

also idk what is up with kyla being the youngest but looking the oldest

Drahcir

It pains me to see Gayoung and Jeonyul leaving, but after what the group went through recently with their company, it's not super shocking. I don't think Hyoeun and Minhee's contracts are quite up yet? I think when that nears, they're probably leaving too. Welp, I'm going to go cry now. :(

PInk Tape

Banned
I'll be the contrarian and say that the dudududu is hella annoying which is a shame coz the verses actually sound really good.

How is Pristin's popularity btw? Are a majority of their fans IOI fans or do they have a fanbase that didn't give two shits of Produce 101?

I ask coz so far only Gugudan and Chungha seem to have found the right stride for me. Everyone else has been meh to outsiders like me.

It pains me to see Gayoung and Jeonyul leaving, but after what the group went through recently with their company, it's not super shocking. I don't think Hyoeun and Minhee's contracts are quite up yet? I think when that nears, they're probably leaving too. Welp, I'm going to go cry now. :(

Hmm, oh right I just realized that Minhee and Hyoeun joined after the debut. I guess that explains it, they probably want to bail asap too. :/

Really loving Sunmi btw.

Pendulum

How is Pristin's popularity btw? Are a majority of their fans IOI fans or do they have a fanbase that didn't give two shits of Produce 101?

That's hard for us to gauge without further insights, but I would think a majority of them would have followed post-Produce 101. As far as popularity goes, and aside from Produce 101 stuff, I don't think they are too popular? At least chart-wise, they're currently* out of the Melon top 100 (peak is #63) for "We Like".
*middle of the night, fwiw

Speaking of charts, I see Sunmi is #2. Thank you South Korea, I thought you were going to ignore this release.

Loci

Watching some Weekly Idol Sunmi x Chungha clips to satisfy my thirst and fuuuuuuu, I thought I already hit the limit for my love for Chungha but it just eclipsed to a new height. She's fucking adorable in everything she does, I can't anymore lol.

Hell, even Sunmi looked like she was gonna go gay for Chungha at some point haha.

This episode needs subtitles asap dammit!

That's hard for us to gauge without further insights, but I would think a majority of them would have followed post-Produce 101. As far as popularity goes, and aside from Produce 101 stuff, I don't think they are too popular? At least chart-wise, they're currently* out of the Melon top 100 (peak is #63) for "We Like".
*middle of the night, fwiw

Speaking of charts, I see Sunmi is #2. Thank you South Korea, I thought you were going to ignore this release.

That's pretty much my assumption as well hence why both Pristin and WeMe seem really popular within my internet bubble.

None of my IRL friends are talking about them... instead we're talking about Gashina and Yoon Jong-shin's July Summer Project which is a fantastic throwback to neo-soul music.

Forgot to mention, I'm in love with Gashina now. I have no clue what happened, I heard it earlier today and it just suddenly clicked and it's now a fave lol.

Remember the 4Minute bot?

Is it back from the dead?

Bowlie

Banned
Didn't you see this? They literally asked their fans to stop supporting them getting abused. The translated text is quite dark and serious to be honest. If anything it's baffling how they kept going for so many years.
http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/20863955.html

This is horrifying. I saw that SOS sign last month but I had no idea it was this grim. I feel for a long time that they weren't liking the concepts their company was putting them up to, but that line saying their next show would be an erotic one is disgusting.

llehuty

Deepshower ‘Found U’ (Feat. G.soul) Official Music Video
#100G.SoulFeat.
It's good.

[MV] HUR YOUNG JI(&#54728;&#50689;&#51648;) _ Memory Clock(&#52628;&#50613;&#49884;&#44228;)
I think she would fit something more bubbly.

[MV] Kassy(&#52992;&#51060;&#49884;) _ Let it rain(&#48708;&#50556; &#50752;&#46972;)
I still have no idea why this girl showed up in Unpretty Rapstar

Celebrating the 5th Debut Anniversay, EXID Photobook Project @ makestar

BoA said:
17th Anniversary: Thank you~ I want to meet all of you on the stage soon. Haha please let me make an album haha - BoA
Plssssssssss.

SM recently uploaded this: BoA_CAMO in SMTOWN LIVE WORLD TOUR VI

My fav song of hers is still Frozen in time
Full Moon mini is soooo good.

One comment about Hyuna makes me a bot? I've been posting here since OT2... Must be the avatar.
I think the "remember the bot" wasn't directed at you, but just brought to the conversation since it was livid at any type of Hyuna talk.

New Hoody song is def one of the year's best
So glad she got in AOMG, the rate and quality of her output has been fantastic.

Top Bottom