• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer Girl returns, claims 360 slim for E3 and rebrand

Cynar

cjelly said:
I think anyone on GAF could have guessed all of this.

Hopefully Surfer Girl threads turn into a meme and are bannable. That would be great. It feels like I'm back in 2006/08 or whenever it was.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
b0yyl.jpg

Stabby McSter said:
I bet you're surfer girl and you're just saying that to get the heat off you!
8RSBj.jpg

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
yencid said:
i know of the thread but im pretty sure that hasnt been updated in forever... i meant more recent.
The OP was last updated about one year ago, and I'm pretty sure Surfer Girl was already gone back then (haven't checked though).

Mama Robotnik said:
We knew most of this already.

Surfer Girl: Impress us. Bring us dark secrets from vaults of Nintendo, from the desk of Miyamoto, from the emails of Iwata, from the memorandums of Reggie.

Then you will be praised.

This, or tell us of Rare's secrets. Either will be fine. Speaking of Rare...

[Nintex] said:
Microsoft Game Studios

Might get shot...

PERFECT DARK 2

Nintex, every time there's a thread dealing with Natal, you bring this up, and every time, you raise my hope, only for it to come crashing down when it doesn't show up at E3.

Rare's Fitness Game: GOTF!

yencid

Jocchan said:
The OP was last updated about one year ago, and I'm pretty sure Surfer Girl was already gone back then (haven't checked though).
so lets do this then! to the not confirmed!

sgnhh

Neo Member
Not sure if the Might Get Shot thing is in addition to the Natal comment, but an MGS Natal game would probably be like the awful iPhone MGS game.

yencid

we have to remember that the industry changes and plans change. a lot of the "false rumors" are half true :eek:

1) That Avatar game that Ubisoft Montreal is working with will ship with high-quality stereoscopic 3D glasses (like the ones that you get when you see an IMAX 3D film).
im not sure if this shipped with the glasses actually... all i know that its 3d :p

4) Kane & Lynch 2 is still happening.
true

Have you ever seen millions of dollars used to market console DLC? Something called GTAIV will change that.
hella true

1) CD Projekt Red's next title, which walks like a The Witcher sequel and talks a The Witcher sequel, will also be hitting consoles.
is the console one still happening?

i can prob find some more.

Hex

Banned
I am sure Kotaku are working their little hairy fingers to the bone trying to type up something about MGS4 on 360 being confirmed or some shit.
The reality of it is that it is pretty much a given considering its time frame of release will support Natal and Sony's motion controls in some fashion.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I think she should tell me something useful about the slim like if the RROD problem has been SIGNIFICANTLY decreased. If it has, I'll order a NTSC-J Natal bundle and put my old one in the free to a good home thread for a lucky Gaffer with a craving for Japanese 360 games.

If it is not velocity girl, I don't care thank you very much! She promised me that I could make stylish t-shirts and never had to play a videogame if I didn't want to. Well, I am calling Microsoft liars.

In all seriousness, Major Nelson is a liar through his white teeth. Come on, he has the balls at PAX East to say that all of the 360 hardware problems were over. My friend says not who just had his go. I think that I am going to keep my 360 and MS can keep jury-rigging the thing so it will play for another 6 months to a year.

iceatcs

I've been spoiled by this rumor, now MS gotta to match the level of her (or HeShe?) rumor to satisfy my E3 level.

@SurferGirl: You again? >_>;

Thanks for stating the obvious but I'll be worried about getting a 360 even if it's a new model at launch due to most of the old ones breaking. :/

Microsoft would be looking very stupid if they didn't counter what Sony did to steal their thunder. A new ad campaign is a given there's new hardware to promote, a brand to go with the new hardware is also necessary. A new black 360 is the only thing she's banking on to be true.

Everything SurferGirl Suggested is vague enough to interpreted in multiple ways, a new 360 will definitely happen, Microsoft said they're treating it like the launch of a new console.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
yencid said:
is the console one still happening?

The console port/re-make of The Witcher is dead, but The Witcher 2 will be hitting consoles as well as PC.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
So it'll be a 'set-top box' in black that plays 360 games and has motion tracking capabilities, MS really want to own that living room space.

ZeoVGM

Banned
SirIgbyCeaser said:
Microsoft would be looking very stupid if they didn't counter what Sony did to steal their thunder. A new ad campaign is a given there's new hardware to promote, a brand to go with the new hardware is also necessary. A new black 360 is the only thing she's banking on to be true.

What thunder? 360 is still beating PS3 most of the time.

FrankT

vectorman06 said:

One of the best threads ever.

omg rite said:
What thunder? 360 is still beating PS3 most of the time.

Yea speaking of which the difference between the two in the US since the price drop is around 10k. The additional lead the 360 gained before that since $199 was around 2 million so that lead is about to extend out beyond that this month to the largest ever. If they go $149 this fall with Natal and Slim it ain't gonna be pretty. Japan is pretty much coasting now although they did make some nice in roads over the holiday. Europe is still about the same. They probably made some ground their as well since the drop. So yea, thunder indeed. Just not even all around I guess you could say.

Lijik

Ten-Song said:
I am going to make my own bold prediction. At E3, this very year, a game will be revealed that has not previously been revealed to the public.

BULLSHIT.
It'll be leaked to gaf a week before E3

[Nintex]

The Awkward Wizard said:
Rare's Fitness Game: GOTF!
Mark Betteridge and Mayles wouldn't be talking about AAA titles if all they did was Natal Fit. Not to mention that David Clynick wouldn't be at Rare if there weren't any core titles in development.

Top Bottom