• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

afternoon delight
Eat shit and die, Ricky!
Eat shit and live, Bill.
(03-17-2017, 04:51 PM)
afternoon delight's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

No love for S3K?

I mean, it'll be a legal minefield, no doubt, but it has the best Sonic soundtrack imo.

Oh sure but I listen to 1 and 2 most lol
TheTylerRob
Member
(03-17-2017, 07:47 PM)
TheTylerRob's Avatar
Sonic 3 on vinyl........*michael jackson woo genesis sample*
uncle_koploski
Junior Member
(03-17-2017, 07:48 PM)
uncle_koploski's Avatar
Still waiting for that Castlevania IV vinyl release.....
Ghettoblaster
Junior Member
(03-17-2017, 08:39 PM)
Ghettoblaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by uncle_koploski

Still waiting for that Castlevania IV vinyl release.....

aannnnd Symphony Of The Night!
sixteen-bit
Member
(03-17-2017, 08:40 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ghettoblaster

aannnnd Symphony Of The Night!

Yamane FTW. I hope someone does Bloodlines too.
Shaneus
Member
(03-17-2017, 09:04 PM)
Shaneus's Avatar
So, not to read anything into it, but my reply to a Data Discs tweet regarding receiving test pressings was liked by them.

It mentioned Space Harrier and Fantasy Zone.

There was another tweet that wasn't liked that mentioned Space Harrier and Ghouls n Ghosts. So make of that what you will... it's probably nothing though.

Having said that, despite already owning the Sega Game Music that has Fantasy Zone on it, I'd buy the shit out of a DD release.
BTails
Member
(03-17-2017, 09:10 PM)
BTails's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shaneus

So, not to read anything into it, but my reply to a Data Discs tweet regarding receiving test pressings was liked by them.

It mentioned Space Harrier and Fantasy Zone.

There was another tweet that wasn't liked that mentioned Space Harrier and Ghouls n Ghosts. So make of that what you will... it's probably nothing though.

Having said that, despite already owning the Sega Game Music that has Fantasy Zone on it, I'd buy the shit out of a DD release.

I would buy both of those. I would also feel regret buying Fantasy Zone, just because I'm so rubbish at the game itself. Seriously, I want to get better, but I can barely get past the first couple stages (Mega Drive version).
Dyna
Member
(03-17-2017, 10:22 PM)
Dyna's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shaneus

So, not to read anything into it, but my reply to a Data Discs tweet regarding receiving test pressings was liked by them.

It mentioned Space Harrier and Fantasy Zone.

There was another tweet that wasn't liked that mentioned Space Harrier and Ghouls n Ghosts. So make of that what you will... it's probably nothing though.

Having said that, despite already owning the Sega Game Music that has Fantasy Zone on it, I'd buy the shit out of a DD release.

I think they just like most tweets that mention them, I requested Jet Set Radio for their next release way back and they liked that one too. Data Discs give me that JSR!!!
RoryDropkick
Member
(03-17-2017, 11:32 PM)
RoryDropkick's Avatar
Sigh, my Snatcher isn't going to be here until Tuesday. The weather really did a number on shipping :(
PurpleMoustache
Member
(03-18-2017, 01:05 AM)
PurpleMoustache's Avatar

Originally Posted by RoryDropkick

Sigh, my Snatcher isn't going to be here until Tuesday. The weather really did a number on shipping :(

According to tracking mine hasn't even left yet, just the label printed, which I thought was nice at first because I thought my college's mail room would be closed for spring break... turns out it was open the whole time...
Ghettoblaster
Junior Member
(03-18-2017, 04:41 PM)
Ghettoblaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by PurpleMoustache

According to tracking mine hasn't even left yet, just the label printed, which I thought was nice at first because I thought my college's mail room would be closed for spring break... turns out it was open the whole time...

My copy didn't even got a label printed. No signs of any shipping whatsoever. And it's going to be a long journey from the US to Europe, hoping it will not stay in customs for days. I WANNA GET DOWN TO ONE NIGHT IN NEO KOBE CITY SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!
Kabuki Quantum Lover
βαρβαρβαρβαρβαρ
βαρβαρβαρβαρβαρ
(03-18-2017, 05:15 PM)
Kabuki Quantum Lover's Avatar
Received my Snatcher (The Yetee red and black edition) set. So good. Came with two double-sided art sheets. Wish they had labelled which versions of the tracks are on here, but the first vinyl seems to be mostly from the Sega CD version.
Sleeping Lesson
Member
(03-18-2017, 06:17 PM)
Sleeping Lesson's Avatar
I know you guys warned that glow-in-the-dark records are pretty noisy, but WOW Ori. I went back to check my needle three times because I couldn't believe the surface noise was louder than the music. It got better toward the center of the record, not sure why.
Dan-o
Member
(03-18-2017, 11:48 PM)
Dan-o's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sleeping Lesson

I know you guys warned that glow-in-the-dark records are pretty noisy, but WOW Ori. I went back to check my needle three times because I couldn't believe the surface noise was louder than the music. It got better toward the center of the record, not sure why.

Glad I got the regular one.
I wish that "Climbing the Ginso Tree" and "Restoring the Light Facing the Dark" were on the same side, since they flow together so well, but it's not a deal breaker. I'll be listening to this one a lot, regardless.

Still no shipping info on Snatcher, though :(
VMR-MIG90
Junior Member
(03-19-2017, 03:52 AM)
VMR-MIG90's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sleeping Lesson

I know you guys warned that glow-in-the-dark records are pretty noisy, but WOW Ori. I went back to check my needle three times because I couldn't believe the surface noise was louder than the music. It got better toward the center of the record, not sure why.

A lot of records suffer from sounding super noisy in the first song (maybe two) because the outside edge of the record is the last surface area to be pressed. All records start out as hot vinyl pucks and then get squashed between the metal plate masters.

This also explains why some of the inside tracks may sound more deep and full. As far as I have read and heard, getting a consistent sound and pressing across the entire surface area of the record comes down to the heat regulation of the vinyl puck and how quickly it goes to press. Obviously if the pressing is done correctly (with good masters) you won't notice the noise issues.
sleazefrenzy
Junior Member
(03-19-2017, 11:20 AM)
sleazefrenzy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ghettoblaster

My copy didn't even got a label printed. No signs of any shipping whatsoever. And it's going to be a long journey from the US to Europe, hoping it will not stay in customs for days. I WANNA GET DOWN TO ONE NIGHT IN NEO KOBE CITY SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!

You know you can buy it from vinyl-digital.com right? Ships from Germany but much cheaper and quicker than buying from US. Gotta be quick though cos they're almost all gone.
Spwn
(03-19-2017, 12:10 PM)
Spwn's Avatar

Originally Posted by sleazefrenzy

You know you can buy it from vinyl-digital.com right? Ships from Germany but much cheaper and quicker than buying from US. Gotta be quick though cos they're almost all gone.

It's so weird to have the tables turned and receive something 2 weeks before Americans do. Haven't felt such euphoria since Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. Hopefully people get their Snatchers soon. The soundtrack is amazing.
Last edited by Spwn; 03-19-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Ghettoblaster
Junior Member
(03-19-2017, 03:06 PM)
Ghettoblaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by sleazefrenzy

You know you can buy it from vinyl-digital.com right? Ships from Germany but much cheaper and quicker than buying from US. Gotta be quick though cos they're almost all gone.

I didn't know... Thanks!! Does vinyl-digital always distributes ShipToShore releases?

The reason i ordered in the US is because i didn't want to miss out on the pre-order.
OnPoint
Member
(03-19-2017, 04:14 PM)
OnPoint's Avatar
My Necrodancer showed up. Cool.
rpbtz
Member
(03-19-2017, 04:50 PM)
rpbtz's Avatar
2Dark vinyl OST can be preordered on Bandcamp: https://2dark.bandcamp.com/album/2da...nal-soundtrack
Last edited by rpbtz; 03-20-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Lettuce
Member
(03-19-2017, 08:32 PM)
Lettuce's Avatar
When does Castlevania 3 go up for pre-order?
rpbtz
Member
(03-19-2017, 08:51 PM)
rpbtz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lettuce

When does Castlevania 3 go up for pre-order?

Not confirmed, but supposedly on Wednesday (March 22)
somato
Member
(03-20-2017, 05:40 PM)

Originally Posted by rpbtz

Not confirmed, but supposedly on Wednesday (March 22)

It is now confirmed. :) https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/new...astlevania-iii
BTails
Member
(03-20-2017, 05:50 PM)
BTails's Avatar
Split looks awesome, I'll probably go with that. Wish they'd reprint Castlevania 1, even though I know it's not the greatest pressing (bad source files), I figure I should complete the set eventually, haha.
Capra
Member
(03-20-2017, 05:50 PM)
Capra's Avatar
Just saw the Castlevania 3 Mondo release. Do we have an update on the SIlent Hill LP yet?
metsallica
Member
(03-20-2017, 05:53 PM)
metsallica's Avatar
Dang. Like CV3 splatter more, but split is more limited. Decisions, decisions.
kitchenmotors
Member
(03-20-2017, 06:03 PM)
kitchenmotors's Avatar

Originally Posted by somato

It is now confirmed. :) https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/new...astlevania-iii

Not taking my chances like last time. For Castlevania 2, they confirmed the same day they release all of their main products but then did a surprise release at Midnight the day before.

So I'll be checking the night before for the limited.
rpbtz
Member
(03-20-2017, 06:04 PM)
rpbtz's Avatar

Originally Posted by kitchenmotors

Not taking my chances like last time. For Castlevania 2, they confirmed the same day they release all of their main products but then did a surprise release at Midnight the day before.

So I'll be checking the night before for the limited.

Last time they didn't announce the limited version until it went up, though. I don't think anything will go up early for this one.
metsallica
Member
(03-20-2017, 06:06 PM)
metsallica's Avatar
Plus last time it was a horrible night to have a curse!
BroggieDoge
Member
(03-20-2017, 06:14 PM)
BroggieDoge's Avatar
Going splatter.. looks much cooler.
sixteen-bit
Member
(03-20-2017, 06:22 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar
Think I'm gonna pass on CV3. Reflecting on life, I buy too much frivolous shit, lol.
karma2578
Member
(03-20-2017, 06:41 PM)
Inside and back art



BroggieDoge
Member
(03-20-2017, 06:44 PM)
BroggieDoge's Avatar

Originally Posted by karma2578

Inside and back art

Back art looks better than the cover art.
Noisepurge
Member
(03-20-2017, 06:51 PM)
Noisepurge's Avatar

Originally Posted by metsallica

Dang. Like CV3 splatter more, but split is more limited. Decisions, decisions.

Splatter colours don't really match the cover art, would be nice otherwise.

And this will most likely be repressed as black and sold on retailers like the previous two Castlevania releases too. If eurofolks want to wait and save on shipping for example and don't care for the limited edition.
afternoon delight
Eat shit and die, Ricky!
Eat shit and live, Bill.
(03-20-2017, 07:08 PM)
afternoon delight's Avatar

Originally Posted by BroggieDoge

Back art looks better than the cover art.

Yes front aside that inlay and back are really wonderful.
OnPoint
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:19 PM)
OnPoint's Avatar
100% in on this. One of my favorite OSTs ever.
akileese
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:25 PM)
akileese's Avatar
Hero of Time comes out on CD and digital next week. Spotify in two days. What about the iam8bit vinyl you ask!?

The 22-track album is getting released on 27th March, and the good news is that it's up for pre-order now as a download or CD; vinyl pre-orders are open for the iam8bit product which will arrive in the coming months.

I'm not surprised.
sixteen-bit
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:38 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar

Originally Posted by BroggieDoge

Back art looks better than the cover art.

Just gonna have to open it "Manga Style", brehs
StillEdge
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:44 PM)
StillEdge's Avatar

Originally Posted by akileese

Hero of Time comes out on CD and digital next week. Spotify in two days. What about the iam8bit vinyl you ask!?



I'm not surprised.

I ordered mine with Power Rangers so hopefully they both ship out soon.
Lettuce
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:46 PM)
Lettuce's Avatar
Looks like there getting their act together with the Castlevabua releases now, just in time for Super and Symphony of the night
sixteen-bit
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:58 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar
is Castlevania 3 10" btw?
Dan-o
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:04 PM)
Dan-o's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

is Castlevania 3 10" btw?

2x 12" I think
RaidenZR
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:41 PM)
RaidenZR's Avatar
That back art is cool. Eyeball trippy.
RoryDropkick
Member
(03-21-2017, 05:39 AM)
RoryDropkick's Avatar

I know its not the PCE OST but I wanted to take a picture with the copy of Snatcher that I did own :)
JEKKI
Member
(03-21-2017, 05:42 AM)
JEKKI's Avatar
yo where the funk is my Xmen Children of the Atom soundtrack on vinyl!

u guys know you want it!!

cmon Marvel!

cmon Capcom!

give the ppl what they want!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OKOAWDNCYE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ModF4ti77lo
hawk2025
Member
(03-21-2017, 06:56 PM)
hawk2025's Avatar
Contra arrived!


And it comes with a postcard hyping up Silent Hill for Spring 2017!

Artwork will be by Sam Wolfe Connely.
rpbtz
Member
(03-21-2017, 07:00 PM)
rpbtz's Avatar
First proper announcement from Spacelab9 about their upcoming Far Cry: Primal release: https://www.instagram.com/p/BR6IaOmFTib/

2 versions - one from SL9 and one from ThinkGeek. Releases April 21.

EDIT: 3 versions - copies sold by other retailers than SL9 and TG will be on black vinyl.
Last edited by rpbtz; 03-21-2017 at 07:11 PM.
Omegasquash
Member
(03-21-2017, 07:00 PM)
Omegasquash's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dan-o

2x 12" I think

CVIII has way more tracks than its predecessors. They'd have a tough time getting all that onto two 10", right?
Veritigo_X
Member
(03-21-2017, 07:37 PM)
Veritigo_X's Avatar

Originally Posted by hawk2025

Contra arrived!


And it comes with a postcard hyping up Silent Hill for Spring 2017!

Artwork will be by Sam Wolfe Connely.

He did Silent Hill artwork for Mondo a while back:

https://mondotees.com/products/silen...nt=18343880835
rpbtz
Member
(03-21-2017, 07:46 PM)
rpbtz's Avatar
The Watch_Dogs 2 soundtrack has been confirmed for an RSD release (April 22). It will be released by Warp Records.

EDIT: Oh, post #10000 - where do I collect my prize?
Last edited by rpbtz; 03-21-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Thread Tools