• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Muddy Waters - $9.99

* Muddy Waters "Honey Bee" - Alt. Rhythm
* Muddy Waters "I Can't Be Satisfied" - Open G [Alt, Lead]
* Muddy Waters "Mannish Boy"
* Muddy Waters "Still A Fool" - Alt. Rhythm

*Alt. Arrangements and Open G!*

XShagrath

Looks like we're getting an Airbourne pack next week.

Runnin' Wild
???
???

I only know them from one song that was in Rock Band, but I don't even remember what song it was or what it sounded like.

I'm in the 'please give us an AC/DC pack' crowd but this doesn't do much for me unfortunately.

It's ok though, DLC has been consistently good this year, unlike whatever the first half of 2016 was all about (shudders).

Airbourne – $7.99

* Airbourne “Blonde, Bad, and Beautiful”
* Airbourne “Runnin’ Wild”
* Airbourne “Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast”

*all songs in E Standard*

Variety Pack XI

Bombay Bicycle Club - Your Eyes
Escape The Fate - This War Is Ours
George Strait - All My Ex's Live In Texas
The Flaming Lips - She Don't Use Jelly

I don't mind Flaming Lips but not a great pack by any stretch.

Variety Pack XI – $9.99

* Bombay Bicycle Club ”Your Eyes"
* Escape The Fate ”This War is Ours (The Guillotine Part II)" – Drop C
* George Strait ”All My Ex's Live in Texas" - Alt. Lead
* The Flaming Lips ”She Don't Use Jelly"

September hints:

We get in shape (well, a shape, anyway), and they say good things come in threes.

Hmm... has a band had a third pack yet? Because I would guess that's the part about threes. Unless we finally get Nirvana...

Edit -

3 Doors Down next week. Somehow they get a second pack, good for them I guess?

3 Doors Down II – $11.99

* 3 Doors Down ”Away from the Sun"
* 3 Doors Down ”Be Like That"
* 3 Doors Down ”Here Without You" - Eb Standard [Lead/Rhythm]
* 3 Doors Down ”It's Not My Time"
* 3 Doors Down ”Let Me Go"

Bedlam

Hey guys, I have a question concerning input lag.

Up until now I was playing Rocksmith on a PS3, which I basically kept solely as a Rocksmith-machine. Now I want to get rid of it and move all my Rocksmith-playing over to PS4. Bought it digitally, re-downloaded all the songs etc. Fine so far but then I tried playing and was shocked at the input lag compared to the PS3 version. I have everything connected as recommended (HDMI video from console to TV, optical audio from console to AVR, all "enhancements" turned off) but there is still a bit of lag, which totally throws off my playing during faster parts. Apparently, google tells me, this is a common thing with Rocksmith on the new consoles due to the digital signal being slower or something. :(

There is some advice out there to fix the lag by buying a digital-to-analog audio converter. Has anyone with a PS4 here done this? Does it really make a difference? Before the signal gets converted to analog, it still is being put out as digital by the PS4 after all.

Hey guys, I have a question concerning input lag.

Welcome!

I have my PS4 HDMI input set to PC mode, which removes various forms of signal processing on the screen. Try that to see if it helps!

See you next week when you've sorted the lag issue and you suddenly have pops and clicks all over the place.

80's Mix IV next week, the first track announced is by Ratt so I'm preparing myself for disappointment.

Is that setting on your ps4 or your tv?

On my TV. It's a three year old 1080p Samsung (not joined the 'master race' yet). You need to rename the TV HDMI input to 'PC' to switch it to PC mode (i expected a mode switch it took some Googling to find that out).

Will this be the 80's pack that finally give us The Cult?

Edit:

RS debut of Huey Lewis & The News for track 2, looks like 'Hip to Be Square'. I haven't watched American Psycho for years, might have to bust that out later.

Steve Winwood! What an amazing musician.

I've been following the hurricane thread as I've found it all fascinating (and terrifying despite being on the other side of the pond). You pop up a lot on there - are you ok/in a safe area?

Big fan of American Psycho so I'll have to see if the Huey Lewis song looks fun to play. Power of Love would've been an instant buy.

But do you like Phil Collins?

Phil_Collins_-_No_Jacket_Required.png

III-V

I've been following the hurricane thread as I've found it all fascinating (and terrifying despite being on the other side of the pond). You pop up a lot on there - are you ok/in a safe area?

Yes, all good, thanks for asking. Some tree limbs down and one tree down blocking my road, but Tampa dodged a bullet, just like the last 100 years. The storm went pretty far east instead of skirting the coast.

I will tell you as soon as our luck runs out, this place is woefully unprepared. We have been shown to be at the top of unpreparedness of American cities for impending disaster!

Thrice - $7.99

* Thrice ”The Artist in the Ambulance" - Drop C
* Thrice ”Deadbolt" - Eb Drop Db
* Thrice ”Stare at The Sun" - Drop C

Next week is a rock covers pack. First track is Careless Whisper by Seether. Hopefully the rest of the pack is more interesting.

Hi Toy.

Rockin’ Covers – $9.99

Goldfinger “99 Red Balloons”
Halestorm “Bad Romance”
Marilyn Manson “Tainted Love”
Seether “Careless Whisper”

*Tunings/Arrangements to be confirmed*

Rockin’ Covers – $9.99

Halestorm “Bad Romance”

So they revealed the worst two songs first. Definitely in for Goldfinger. Gonna see if Tainted Love looks fun to play.

Xyber

Rockin’ Covers – $9.99

Halestorm “Bad Romance”

Sure, I wanted more Halestorm. But not like this. ;_;

Even though that song was what made me listen to the rest of their stuff

Rockin’ Covers – $9.99

* Goldfinger “99 Red Balloons”
* Halestorm “Bad Romance” – Eb Drop Db