• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibed

Last Pokemon I played was Platinum, which was kind of a mistake, considering how content filled HG/SS are and how different B/W and B/W2 are. I don't know if I should jump back in here or go back.

HiiiLife

I know this sounds extremely silly but I'm considering picking up a 3DS today. I'm that excited. Lol. I haven't played any sort of handheld gaming since elementary. I wouldn't mind playing a few games between classes on campus.

But anywho..

Is there any chance that a "new" 3DS is gonna be announced? Like one with a bigger screen? Cause if that's the case, then I'll wait and purchase one later this year.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Eeeeeh, maybe. Black & White started off pretty fresh for me but I felt the PokeFatigue by the end, haven't picked up B&W2. I'll have to see how she's looking closer to launch.

upandaway

I know this sounds extremely silly but I'm considering picking up a 3DS today. I'm that excited. Lol. I haven't played any sort of handheld gaming since elementary. I wouldn't mind playing a few games between classes on campus.

But anywho..

Is there any chance that a "new" 3DS is gonna be announced? Like one with a bigger screen? Cause if that's the case, then I'll wait and purchase one later this year.
I think I'll keep waiting until after E3. I doubt anything will be announced but at least it'll be easier to get a sale or something. And it's always smart to wait until after E3 if possible.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Last Pokemon I played was Platinum, which was kind of a mistake, considering how content filled HG/SS are and how different B/W and B/W2 are. I don't know if I should jump back in here or go back.

BW/BW2 are really well polished games and if you're itching for a Pokemon title before October, you couldn't go wrong with those. HG/SS is a fine remake, but it a much older and slower engine. And you've probably played through it before.

But anywho..

3DS XL? Yes, it exists, and is great.

ASTROID2

I think it's more the resolution of the screen that makes it look bad.
0HJHO.jpg

quW8u.png

If the XL is what you want, bite now! Some great games on there!
If you want the smaller version I'd say wait for E3 (although XL was announced after it lol) as I suspect a Lite version will replace the original to bring the build quality on par with XL's.

But anywho..

You mean like the 3ds xl? hahaha

I'd wait and see if they announce some special edition pokemon one, myself, but that's not extremely likely.

And if you get it now, you can play Monster Hunter when it comes out in March, and that'll keep you more than entertained through October! =D

I know where you're coming from, my man. Nintendo really needs to step their game up. Look what they're competing with. Miyamoto should be ashamed.
UnchartedGoldenAbyssVista_620.jpg
vs.
sNyy5.jpg

The Pokedex 3D models are also the only 3D models being rendered on screen in front of a plain background. Definitely wouldn't work in an actual game unless they either lowered the quality of each model significantly or made everything else 2D.

Are the two titles competing though, really? It just doesn't seem fair, for Uncharted.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

But anywho..

Probably not. XL should be around for a fair bit so you should be safe there. The only issue is what color you want which maybe announced later on.

I myself am thinking about getting a white 3ds XL bundle with mario kart, since price wise and color wise can't really find much better. (The bundle is sadly Europ/Japan only I think).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I think it's more the resolution of the screen that makes it look bad.

It's the case with most 3DS games, with the screens being blown up so much. Still XY doesn't exactly look amazing design wise. Some of the areas look barren, others look pretty lively. Obviously not out until October means there will be more work put in and polish added though.

Hypatia

Am pretty sure this was slow motion and a close up on the character that does not happen in game. No reason or sense to have that camera angle.
EDIT: Watching on load it sounds like hes on rollerskates.

I dunno, wouldn't put it past Game Freak to use really wierd camera angles in game to show off the enviroments. They did that enough in White/Black.

But yeah now I can't tell if that's slowdown or not. It does look oddly slow though.

Einhander

It looks good, except for the bad frame rate during the character running in fields and towns. They need to work on that before October. Froakie will be my pick as my starter.

FillerB

Anyone else get the impression Game Freak used Paris/France as in inspiration this time around for this region?

The trailer opens with Pikache Thunderbolt-ing the world from the top of the Eiffel tower. I think that it is France/Europe based is a fair bet.

... Amazing, I just realized my favourite Starters have made a full pattern now.

Charmander -> Totodile -> Treecko -> Chimchar -> Oshawott -> Chespin

Fire -> Water -> Grass
Fire -> Water -> Grass

Kyon

Banned
This is the real reboot. Not B/W ! Pokemon has been needing this makeover for a long time now I was so sick of the damn sprites. This series is meant to be 3D. I hope for the rest of its life it's 3D

upandaway

You think there will be a 3DSXLi? I doubt the XL could get any bigger.
Even without anything in terms of hardware or price, just putting it after E3 and after this Christmas (which was full of $160 and $169 sales) should make the used or sales market worth the wait, at least for me.

It depends on whether you want anything else besides Pokemon on it

Hypatia

That Uncharted comparison is pretty rediculous. Why not compare it to an actual 3DS game, huh?

But yeah Game Freak really need to work on the graphics.

It's not a 2D game so YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP USING TILES GUYS.

I was thinking this would be the buggiest release yet, because the rest of the world always gets a couple particularly bad glitches from the Japanese versions patched out.

But then I realized Nintendo can just patch the game. They can PATCH POKEMON GAMES without you having to send them the cart. MINDBLOWN.

Persona86

Banned
It looks great, I would have preferred it to look a bit more like Ocarina Of Time quality, but looks decent and it's what I have been waiting for!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Should look a lot better than it does, its a shame.

Itll sell amazing so its not like that matters though. I do like the new starters!

injurai

Banned
I was thinking this would be the buggiest release yet, because the rest of the world always gets a couple particularly bad glitches from the Japanese versions patched out.

But then I realized Nintendo can just patch the game. They can PATCH POKEMON GAMES without you having to send them the cart. MINDBLOWN.

DLC pay to unlock the elite4 and levels past 50

FillerB

Emphasis on "can". Doesn't mean that they will. How many games have they actually patched? I can only think of Mario Kart.

DLC pay to unlock the elite4 and levels past 50

Considering that nintendo is giving away some awesome retro DLC for free for NSMB2, HA I say, HA.

Emphasis on "can". Doesn't mean that they will. How many games have they actually patched? I can only think of Mario Kart.

I think they also patched NSMB2? I don't really pay attention.

But if there's something game-breaking, they'll patch it.

Well considering that there's DNA in the logo, X Y is probably about chromosomes, not axis. I don't know what they'd name a 3rd game. XX and XY?

obviously Z since the 3rd Pokemon will look like a Z and has some sort of special chromosome which allows him to do some special shit.

CorvoSol

Wouldn't be surprised if this is the time they make a clean break.

Noooooooooooooo. I hated that when Gen III started. It takes FOREVER to get all those 700+ Mons in the dex. Lemme just trade my already existing stock over and call it good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom