• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HDMI 2.1 spec released, resolution up to 10k, dynamic HDR, variable refresh rate

Furyous

In a way I don't feel like I lost money due to buying a cheap LG 25 inch ultra wide monitor with dual hdmi 1.4 ports. This means HDMI 2.0 should reach $150 1080p ultra wide monitors around '22 at the latest. At that point my investment will have paid off.

This spec looks great but I doubt my I'll be able to keep with everything at full spec. Imagine a football game under this spec. I'm happy the tech advanced and grateful for the addition.

llien

No they dont. They do 1080p 120hz

I beg to differ.

LG demonstrates HFR - High Frame Rate - on OLED (from 2016)

lgoledhfr-1l.jpg

In the photos, you can see that the input signal is 2560x1440 at 100fps with 20Mb/s bitrate. LG demonstrated several resolutions up to 4K at 100fps with 25 Mb/s bitrate.

4k 120Hz:
LG AND SES DEMO 4K HIGH FRAME RATE UHD BROADCASTS LIVE ON PROTOTYPE OLED SCREEN (2017)

MDSLKTR

Hopefully my plasma doesn't kick the bucket before 2019. This will be the ultimate upgrade in time for new consoles and graphic cards.

Top Bottom