• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS TV can now run every single app/game without restriction (via simple hack)

Yasumi

Banned
Oh my god.

If I can play Dragon Quest Builders on this next year... Holy shit.

Time to finally open that bundled PSTV I bought last month.
You'd be able to do that anyway. Most new games since it came out are Vita TV compatible.

Mirk

Okay people need to understand this.

BACKUPS, CFW OR NATIVE HOMEBREW WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE WITH THIS HACK.

We will get some neat things with this though and maybe even epsp cfw again.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Would they even bother patching this out? They haven't supported this machine in forever, and when they finally do, it's within the context of re-limuting it's functionality? Just let it be.

webkatt

I want to do this to my PSTV but I have no idea how to go about it.

I downloaded Thunderbird and click the eml file. It loads up the email but it is auto populated and I cannot change the Mr Gas email.

HUELEN10

Not gonna lie: all my Vita games are in storage anyway (like all 3 of them).

No, the reason I am doing this is entirely to play PSP games on the big screen the way they were meant to be seen, perfect.

dab0ne

I can't figure out how to do it. Do I simply make a new gmail and send it to my current gmail. Read the instructions on the site but I've never heard of thunderbird. Is there a complete step by step for dummies?

Edit: I'm not the only one

Rich!

This thread is being derailed by it.

I'm gonna make it clear:

THIS HACK HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH VITA PIRACY AT ALL AND DOES NOT ENABLE IT.

I'm close to just deleting my entire OP and saying fuck it. Wish a mod would step in and put an end to this. It literally shits up every single homebrew thread I've been involved in.

Reposting this for the new page.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Netflix works, I'm rolling through movies as we speak.

I might actually run out and get a Playstation TV now. I love handheld games but I honestly can't stand playing on handhelds so I have a hard time finishing games on them.

Audioboxer

Any better guide yet? My body is ready.

A little tip I'll add is you do not attach the .eml file to a new email. Double click it once thunderbird is installed and then forward it to your email account (forward button top right below).

p55sodv.png

Attaching files is only for the second part.

Rich!

Defending the pirates I see?

Warned you guys.

I'm out until a mod sorts this shit out. People can work this stuff out themselves, and I'm not making a guide anymore.

Fucking hell, every single thread I fucking swear. I give up having to self moderate threads against people who ignorantly shit them up with piracy arguments.

nakedeyes

Banned
This thread is being derailed by it.

I'm gonna make it clear:

THIS HACK HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH VITA PIRACY AT ALL AND DOES NOT ENABLE IT.

I'm close to just deleting my entire OP and saying fuck it. Wish a mod would step in and put an end to this. It literally shits up every single homebrew thread I've been involved in.
Sorry. Not trying to derail. Just not a fan of piracy ( as I'm a Dev myself, like I am sure many others here ), didn't bring it up outta nowhere, just responded to a question about it.

That's said. I love hacks like these that seemingly open up users to use their own content in ways that probably should have been there to begin with. Definetly not anti hacks :) and I appreciate the posts you provide Rich. Hope I haven't broken any rules or hearts!

Tik-Tok

Warned you guys.

I'm out until a mod sorts this shit out. People can work this stuff out themselves, and I'm not making a guide.

Fucking hell, every single thread I fucking swear. I give up having to self moderate threads against people who ignorantly shit them up with piracy arguments.

:(

Rush_Khan

It works! It actually works! Playing Golden Abyss now. Will try Gravity Rush later. (Free on PS PLus at one point but never worked with my PS TV).

Is there a risk my PSN account could be banned for this?

Why doesn't the PS4 have it then...

Oh forget, fuck it, I'm putting the 4 back in the box (no more free HDMIs) due to the horrible experience so far, getting a damned PStv right now, syncing up my DS4, and finally enjoying the 3 Vita games at own, and perhaps PSP games too, right?

Any way this will allow for FTP storage to bypass needs of overpriced shitty proprietary storage? Also running out now, so where is the best deal on a Vita card, would 16 be worth it for a mere beginner?

...but the PS4 does have the feature.

c0de

I really hope this is only the beginning. The Vita could be the perfect portable emulation system. Perhaps a bit low on ram but with enough juice to enable everything up to psx at good speed.

nakedeyes

Banned
I really hope this is only the beginning. The Vita could be the perfect portable emulation system. Perhaps a bit low on ram but with enough juice to enable everything up to psx at good speed.
Fully agree, save for the price of memory cards. I wonder with a full hack, if it could potentially pull ROMs off a network or something.

Without storage being worked out, I dunno how it will top a RaspPi emulation box ( save native Vita support, and potentially a few hours of setup time )

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I have no idea what those instructions are saying lol
1. Open that .eml file in any email client and forward the resulting message to yourself.

2. Open the email in your PSTV email app, and click on the attachment. The app will crash, but don't hit OK. Hit the PS button and close the email app entirely.

3. Open email app again, it will ask to setup your account. Thus is when you know it worked. Set it up.

4. Rename the whitelist file to #0, with no extension in the file name. Create an email to yourself again, and attach that #0 file, and simply use this as the subject line: ur0:game/launch/list_launch_vita.dat

5. Open the email on the PSTV, and click the #0 attachment. Now try a game that gave you a cannot play error message and you'll see that the hack worked.

This'll probably boost Vita sales of it becomes as open to homebrew as the PSP was, but this also kills online games. Now we'll start getting hacks in titles like Killzone Mercenary. Plus the "Free Trophies" feature of the hack is a really bad idea.

8bit

Knows the Score
1. Open that .eml file in any email client and forward the resulting message to yourself.

2. Open the email in your PSTV email app, and click on the attachment. The app will crash, but don't hit OK. Hit the PS button and close the email app entirely.

3. Open email app again, it will ask to setup your account. Thus is when you know it worked. Set it up.

4. Rename the whitelist file to #0, with no extension in the file name. Create an email to yourself again, and attach that #0 file, and simply use this as the subject line: ur0:game/launch/list_launch_vita.dat

5. Open the email on the PSTV, and click the #0 attachment. Now try a game that gave you a cannot play error message and you'll see that the hack worked.

Thank you. If I can now play Lumines on TV that's all I really want.

CompC

I don't have my memory card with me (for reasons) so I only have 1 GB of space and can't test out my downloadable copies of Gravity Rush and Uncharted... At the very least it doesn't seem to enable the Netflix app. Either that or the hack isn't working at all. I'm testing it out with Metrico. Hopefully it works!

This'll probably boost Vita sales of it becomes as open to homebrew as the PSP was, but this also kills online games. Now well start getting hacks in titles like Killzone Mercenary. Plus the "Free Trophies" feature of the hack is a really bad idea.

The "free tophies" shit is the reason Sony will block this...

Eila

Kinda want this but the cheap PS Vita TV doesn't come with memory. I'll have to track a memory card of a system nobody I know owns. That or spend $100 on the pack with the 8 gb card + PS3 controller + Lego Movie videogame.

This is genuinely exciting, anything to get my Vita TV more life. There's a wonderful treasure trove of games for the PSP that'd be fun to do Let's Plays and Live Streams of. I'm on board!

mattiewheels

The Netflix interface is sluggish as hell, but I'm watching Breaking Bad on this thing so there's obviously no block in the US besides Sony's whitelist.

B4s5C

Thank you :)

I bought a PSTV knowing a whitelist hack will come out soon enough so this is just awesome to me!

Top Bottom