• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch 3.0 update Wish list

extralite

It's a really weaksauce version. 10 days after you first launch a game/app, you can see how long you have used it... in 5 hour increments.

So if you played 32 hours of Zelda, it'll say "Over 30 hours played" when you hit 35 hours it'll say "Over 35 hours played" etc. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Better than nothing, I guess *lol*. I need to check again, I have two games now that should be beyond 5 hours.

Activity logs are something I like about Nintendo consoles, ever since they introduced it with the Wii. I actually prefer that to trophies or achievements, which only tell you the date you did clear some part of a game.

Activity log like the one on Wii U

1080p OS

Interaction options for people on friends list

Share photos with friends

Eshop music

Eshop catagories

Matbtz

The ability to connect to my wifi.

Have you tried to change manual settings of your wifi ?
I had problems but after changing my wifi to WPA2 PSK AES, setting the IP address manually and the DNS manually (primary 8.8.8.8 secondary 8.8.4.4 as Nintendo was recommending for the 3DS). It's now working perfectly for me

Save credit card info
Save credit card info
Actual real eShop layout as opposed to a single menu of all released titles
Save credit card info...

oti

Banned
I wish uploading screenshots would work instantaneously. Most of the time I don't want to add anything to the posting, just the picture.

Jerry

Can someone explain to me why everyone is going nuts over wanting an activity log?

It's really not a big deal.

Matbtz

• The ability to choose the quality for the screenshots
  • The option to Zoom out the game tiles like on 3DS
  • Register credit card on the shop
  • Friend messaging

HorseFD

Cloud saves would give me piece of mind, even though at the moment I have no use for them. Even just allowing saves to be exported and imported via SD would be great.

Other than that, Virtual Console and an expanded eShop, though I suppose neither of those things are really system software related.

Edit: Just wanted to add - Activity Log and the ability to save your credit card.

extralite

The ability to turn off the console from the controller....NOT sleep mode.

To turn on the switch via the controller too.

Sleep mode has very low power consumption (as opposed to the current TV only consoles), and you can get back into your suspended game within seconds. If you switch it completely off, you have unnecessary boot up time as well.

Also, the console wouldn't be fully off if it'd still listen for bluetooth (or even wired) to switch on via controllers. Basically you want to completely switch it off but still have it behave like sleep mode. You already have your wish. What's bothering you?

This thing needs a fucking browser so hard.

That, and a facebook / twitter / instagram app.

No need for a higher resolution UI when you don't look at the thing 99% of the time.

drotahorror

-1080p/native UI. Even if it means 720p upscaled eshop, that's cool.
-Netflix/VUDU/HBOGo/Now/Amazon/ Basically all streaming services :p
-Native res screen captures - .png.

deleted

It's a really weaksauce version. 10 days after you first launch a game/app, you can see how long you have used it... in 5 hour increments.

So if you played 32 hours of Zelda, it'll say "Over 30 hours played" when you hit 35 hours it'll say "Over 35 hours played" etc. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Not only that, but it doesn't count right.

If I add the hours I played Zelda on the App, I count roughly 10 hours playtime more.

Have you tried to change manual settings of your wifi ?
I had problems but after changing my wifi to WPA2 PSK AES, setting the IP address manually and the DNS manually (primary 8.8.8.8 secondary 8.8.4.4 as Nintendo was recommending for the 3DS). It's now working perfectly for me

I ended up buying a new router after trying every possible suggestion. That solved it.

shamo42

• option to back up save files
  • improve headphone output quality
  • save video of the last 3 minutes gameplay by holding the capture button for 2 seconds

Save credit card info
Save credit card info
Actual real eShop layout as opposed to a single menu of all released titles
Save credit card info...

Also, maybe change the News section so it doesn't keep advertising games I already bought?
I have 1, 2 Switch, guys.
I.. I bought it through your digital storefront.
You don't need to keep pitching it to me...

Majine

Banned
I like the News section. It's fast, feels native and integrated with the OS.

I want the Eshop to be like that. Even the 4-5 seconds I have to wait for it to load feels like an eternity when all I want to do is browse.

Instantly load it, and move the heavy-lifting to when I have decided I want to buy something instead. It's the buying process where I assume most of the technical bottlenecks are.

OS & MENU MUSIC!!

Wii (and even gamecube though less prominent) had great sound and tunes throughout its menus. Not just the eshop! Even the home menu had cool ambient stuff happening. Made for a great vibe and really made the console feel like its own, distinct, experience. I really, really miss this on the Switch. Even the menu's visuals had a feeling and motif to them on the previous consoles. It feels barren and lacking in personality on the Switch.

Aside from that:

* Netflix/Crunchyroll/Prime Video/Youtube/Twitch support
* Miiverse or whatever its new iteration might be
* Instagram/Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook/Snapchat support and integration
* Unique console apps/channels like Everybody Votes, News, Mii Plaza, Swapnote, etc. They were little bells and whistles that made for fun distractions and added to the hardware experience
* Cloud saves, save and digital game transfer
* VC

Maengun1

I realllly want a real activity log which simply shows my game times in hour/minute format (play dates would be cool but less important). Hopefully they can add that and have it work retroactively lol. I need an accurate Zelda count dammit.

It would also be nice to be able to start message threads and easily post screenshots to our Nintendo friends. I'm so used to doing that on ps4 I have caught myself trying to do it before remembering I cannot multiple times already.

Those are really the only 2 big ones for me. All the web/streaming etc. apps would be nice, I'm sorta one of those people who are like "I already have netflix on 6 other devices so w/e" but like, really, there's no reason not to have it.

Sleep mode has very low power consumption (as opposed to the current TV only consoles), and you can get back into your suspended game within seconds. If you switch it completely off, you have unnecessary boot up time as well.

Also, the console wouldn't be fully off if it'd still listen for bluetooth (or even wired) to switch on via controllers. Basically you want to completely switch it off but still have it behave like sleep mode. You already have your wish. What's bothering you?

Whatever the PS3 and Wii did to let me "turn it off" while still being able to turn on with a power button from the controller. I want the Switch to do that.

Fliesen

I'd love to be able to upload screenshots not to my Facebook or Twitter profile, but a (partnering?) image hosting platform, like imgur, abload, whatever ...

i hate having to jump through hoops by having to download from facebook / reupload to imgur screenshots just so i can embed/share them without doxxing myself :/

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Vc games snes, gameboy advanced , wii , gamecube
Netflix
Browser
Cloudsave games

- A proper activity log like on Wii U and 3DS

- eShop background Music (even if just taken from Wii U at first)

- eShop Cart and gifting

- Voice/text-chat

- Miiverse

- Web browser

- Main Menu Overhaul: Remove all the empty frames on the main menu. Let me move games horizontally and vertically in a dynamic grid and lock them in place. Enable folders and more themes.

- Let me choose to store saves on internal, SD-card, and/or cloud.

- Let me search for friends using nicknames

16BitNova

Password protected Users, especially Nintendo Account linked ones. Simple, like the Wii U and PS4 and Xbox One. And the consoles before that.

Alva

- less compressed screenshots. PNG would be nice but less compressed JPG would work too, my zelda screenshots look really bad.
- A better way to transfer screenshots out of the console. Right now it's a real headache, with the need to poweroff which is hidden very well.
- A way to backup saves

This is really annoying. What is their reasoning for forcing sleep mode?

When I'm not using it again within a few hours, I want it off.

Reasoning?
Just because turning on your device once takes as much power as the console in sleep mode for 3 days. This applies for every modern electronic device with sleep mode. And that is only one of the reasons. Also resuming your game takes a couple of seconds. I don't see a reason why you would prefer having your console off instead.

thatJohann

-Cloud saves
-ability to transfer saves and games from internal memory to SD card
-remove the speed cap from SD card that makes load times longer on sd Cards vs internal storage (should be the other way around)

extralite

Whatever the PS3 and Wii did to let me "turn it off" while still being able to turn on with a power button from the controller. I want the Switch to do that.

You can't actually turn off the Wii or PS3 without pulling the cord (PS3 original model did have a hard switch but not the slim). Same is true for most electronics actually. You always have a led indicating sleep mode on your TV or console. They also listen to remote controls or bluetooth devices to switch to active mode. This just isn't possible if the device is actually off, i.e. not drawing any power.

It is true that sleep mode on Switch is doing more than Wii or PS3, keeping your state suspended. But the extra drain is minimal. The Switch already has two off modes, whereas Wii or PS3 only could be forced into true off mode.

If you're fine with how the Wii and PS3 can be turned off, that is basically sleep mode.

Jarsonot

I'd like to be able to take notes, and organize the notes in folders. My Zelda note folder would be full of recipes and reminders of things I still want to do/try.

Maybe even share notes with friends?

You can't actually turn off the Wii or PS3 without pulling the cord (PS3 original model did have a hard switch but not the slim). Same is true for most electronics actually. You always have a led indicating sleep mode on your TV or console. They also listen to remote controls or bluetooth devices to switch to active mode. This just isn't possible if the device is actually off, i.e. not drawing any power.

It is true that sleep mode on Switch is doing more than Wii or PS3, keeping your state suspended. But the extra drain is minimal. The Switch already has two off modes, whereas Wii or PS3 only could be forced into true off mode.

If you're fine with how the Wii and PS3 can be turned off, that is basically sleep mode.

Yeah I never really thought about it, but you're right. Guess it's all in how it was presented. I'll go ahead and use sleep mode more.

Bowl0l

You forgotten that Switch has a built-in battery. I cannot pull off the cord assuming it powered off without checking the Switch.

extralite

You forgotten that Switch has a built-in battery. I cannot pull off the cord assuming it powered off without checking the Switch.

? I didn't say anything about pulling the cord on the Switch. You have to use the button on the main unit to turn it off completely.

My point was, Wii and PS3 can't even be powered off completely with a button, you have to pull the cord in that case.

Interfectum

- Trophies with global rarity
- Save my fucking credit card info
- Cloud saves
- Actual interaction with people on friend's list
- Add friend by username

Top Bottom