• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Decided to buy/pre-load this on steam today.

I'm thrilled to play as Trish again. I remember wayyyy back when DMC2 came out and she was the only reason I really played the poop out of that game. And now I get to throw on her ridiculous Gaga outfit. SO GOOD!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
This pre-load is taking forever. Must the the final day of Steam sales rush.

Uthred

Any word on if the costumes are pre-order exclusive or just time-gated? Wont have time to play this for a while but I really want that Lady one

Shmuppers

Pre-loaded last night. I'm so ready.

Any word on if the costumes are pre-order exclusive or just time-gated? Wont have time to play this for a while but I really want that Lady one

On Steam, at least at the moment, it seems to be solely a pre-order exclusive.

So who is everyone planning to main/ play the most as in the final game?

Im personally gonna be putting in some Vergil practice for the comp but i think im gonna stay with Nero. I cant really see myself putting in a lot of hours as Trish/Lady.

Im personally gonna be putting in some Vergil practice for the comp but i think im gonna stay with Nero. I cant really see myself putting in a lot of hours as Trish/Lady.
Vergil and Lady for me. The former is exactly the sort of character type I enjoy playing in these kinds of games, just hard hitting attacks with speed and efficiency (plus that swag). The latter, while not looking nearly as in depth, I still want to spend time with for the sake of novelty and the fact that ever since the gunslinger style I've always wanted a character in this genre who's all about use of firearms.

Shmuppers

I'll undoubtedly be spending the majority of my time with Vergil, but with every gameplay video I see, Lady piques my interest more and more.

There is really only one person and that is the man himself, Vergil, everyone else is irrelevant.

Sesha

Gonna play Vergil the most, because he looks incredible. I love most of his new moves, I love his animations, I love how Yamato Combo III changes during DT, I love how fast he is, I love how Judgment Cut works, and I love his super. Besides that, I'll use Lady a lot. I've been waiting 10 years to finally play her.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm really looking forward to seeing what people are gonna do with Lady. She's such a big departure from everyone else, and I think it'll lead to some cool shit. I had a lot of fun with her.

CH-Z99IUsAA5Q8r.jpg:large

!

I haven't really delved into Vergil yet, but I expect to use him a lot. I've actually really been enjoying Trish though. She was the only reason I played DMC2, and now I can use her without having to play a shitty game.

Lady seems really interesting, too. Haven't quite wrapped my brain around her yet, but I'm sure someone will start pulling off some crazy stuff with her. I haven't used anyone quite like her in a character action game before.

Edit: awwwww shit time to get back on the hype train

Maybe it's the clear screen from DMD? Only thing I can think of.

I just want it to be real. I just want another mainline DMC. The fact that we got DMC4SE is a blessing.

I am going to be honest, that looks a bit suspect.

Could go either way. Font choice and glow underneath are both the same as the ones in the ending shots we know are real for a fact. Can't tell off of compression artifacts because they're covering the whole image.

Top Bottom