• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

I've take a long break from pogo; only started back up today for the event! When does that start?

Also what exactly are the qualifications for the Mewtwo invites? Raids, gym battles, or both?

Edit: first part answered! Lol

You need to have previously completed a raid at the gym sometime before the invites go out. Seems like right now the period is a little over two weeks. There's no way of knowing a gym will get an EX raid until the invites go out, but right now the EX raids are in testing and passes are only going out for sponsored locations (in the U.S. those would be Sprint and Starbucks locations) so for the time being those would be good places to target. After the testing periods expands/completes and other gyms are in play, you kinda just have to raid everywhere you can for the best odds.

I've take a long break from pogo; only started back up today for the event! When does that start?

Also what exactly are the qualifications for the Mewtwo invites? Raids, gym battles, or both?

Edit: first part answered! Lol
Doing a raid at either Starbucks or sprint. Though I'm not sure if there was a cutoff date to doing though.

Joni

Boxes aren't quite convincing. Maybe the cheapest one but it should have been a couple of coins cheaper or it should have had Lucky Eggs instead of lures.

It is on.

Are the super incuators one time use or 3?

3-use. So they're 10 coins more expensive than normal ones.

Ugh, Lure Modules (and Incense) always ruin these bundles. I really don’t understand the point of them. They get you like a half-dozen extra spawns that are usually worthless.

GulAtiCa

how do you fuck up selling basic items HOW beyond all odds
Just buy the damn Special Box and get rid of the Lures or quickly use them. Not that complicated nor something to make this big of scene of. lol

Honestly, the Special Box means you end up paying 10 coins extra per incubator. Pretty fair deal since they hatch them quicker. And you get 3 uses each.

Edit: And they fixed the dbl stardust per 1st & 2nd evolution pokemon. so you actually get 600 & 1000.

HardRojo

They're putting lures in the bundle because part of the event is catching lots of Pokémon to rake advantage of the double stardust. I know they'll come in handy for me.

They're putting lures in the bundle because part of the event is catching lots of Pokémon to rake advantage of the double stardust. I know they'll come in handy for me.

but like

You get more spawns faster just walking around most places. The only use I see in Lures is if you have to stay in one spot AND there's a stop close enough to you.

HardRojo

but like

You get more spawns faster just walking around most places. The only use I see in Lures is if you have to stay in one spot AND there's a stop close enough to you.
Yeah, it's situational, that's why I said it'd be good for me, as I got a park nearby that has 3 stops you can reach while standing and 4 gyms fairly close to each other should raids pop up.

Man, I didn't realize that we have to actually buy items to get a faster egg hatch. I decided to get the Special Box with some of my free Coins. I do not care for Lucky Eggs and Lure Modules.

Getting Gym Coins has been really hard for me this week, so I'm short. I planned on using these for Pokemon and Item storage upgrades, so I've been set back. Hope I'll have a healthy Coin stash before Gen 3 comes.

I really need to hatch my current 10kms ASAP and get as many special 2k eggs as I can.

I got another Raikou today (on the second throw again), so I've caught 2 out of 3. Has perfect HP and DEF, but 10 ATK. It has the best moveset (Thundershock + Wild Charge) out of the box, so it saves TMs. Having good luck with this Legendary.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
This is a first world problem, but I haven't been able to spin pokestops for over a month now because I'm overloaded with items. Mainly it's the rare candies taking up space. I was hoping to convert them to Mewtwo candy but I don't have one yet. I don't know what else to do, should I convert some to Raikou and legendary bird candy?

ywPXIwZ.png

For prosperity's sake, my stardust before the event starts today. I want to take advantage of the event but don't have a lot of pokeballs because I can't spin stops

damisa

This is a first world problem, but I haven't been able to spin pokestops for over a month now because I'm overloaded with items. Mainly it's the rare candies taking up space. I was hoping to convert them to Mewtwo candy but I don't have one yet. I don't know what else to do, should I convert some to Raikou and legendary bird candy?

For prosperity's sake, my stardust before the event starts today. I want to take advantage of the event but don't have a lot of pokeballs because I can't spin stops

You have 800 items in the picture, do you have a lot of potions and revives? I keep less than 5 revives since you get a bunch from raids. I would get rid of some of those first. I think you can use some on Raikou too

GulAtiCa

End of day and already up by 80k. Really didn't grind much. That starts tomorrow! Hatched 9 20k eggs. Mainly sucked, but was in it for the stardust.

Holy fuck! And this event sucks eggswise, not bothering with more incubators for the remainder of the event.
Quick way to gain stardust though. Though, I'm a paid player, so I'm planning to have everything hatching at all times. Will blow through a few 1000s coins like it's nothing. Lol

My goal is 1.5 million by end

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
That’s crazy. I play all the time and I felt like getting 66 rare candy to level up Mewtwo was quite difficult (saved up for around a month I guess). If you’re playing that much there’s not really anything that’s going to help you will all those items

GulAtiCa

Well, having that much just makes future Pokémon easier to level up. Plus, if I ever get a 💯 Larvitar. I'll level it up all the way. I will level up my Mewtwo if I get a better one.

I know people with like 5 million. And I just drool. Lol

HardRojo

End of day and already up by 80k. Really didn't grind much. That starts tomorrow! Hatched 9 20k eggs. Mainly sucked, but was in it for the stardust.

Quick way to gain stardust though. Though, I'm a paid player, so I'm planning to have everything hatching at all times. Will blow through a few 1000s coins like it's nothing. Lol

My goal is 1.5 million by end

Yeah, but I'm not planning on spending more money on the game tbh, at least not too much. Spent about $10 today on incubators, but they won't be worth it. I was expecting the special 2K eggs drop rate to be fairly high or something, but it's been 9 eggs and I haven't gotten a single one. The extra stardust is cool, but as I said, I don't really want to spend more money on the game. And I'm starting to run low on pokéballs too lol...

I can never hate on Incense anymore ever since I got my perfect Machop from one. Consequently that makes it easier for me to justify getting a Special Box or two...
or ten jk.

HardRojo

BTW can someone explain the gym mechanics regarding when you can add Pokémon and when you can't? Sometimes I get the "The Gym is under attack" message when trying to put a Pokémon in, but sometimes when I want to take down a gym that has just been claimed, I take down one Pokémon and all of a sudden I see like 2 more have been put in.

Replicant

Special 2k eggs feel non-existent for me. But I did get 3 10k eggs after hatching my previous 5 so I guess I shouldn't complain?

It's just I imagine getting Chansey and Mareep from 2k egg but it looks like it won't happen easily. I'm hoarding on all of the special incubators for later use. I walk around a lot anyway.

So I guess getting extra fit and extra stardust are mostly what I'll get from this event.

So one of my Pokémon has been in a gym for more than 20 days. Apparently after 20 days, the clock starts to go in reverse. My Pokémon has been in there for 22 days and now it's only showing 18 and dropping. Wtf?

I've only hatched one special 2km, but it was a Mareep.

The event has already been worthwhile from that hatch alone, but I'm obviously going to play a lot more. I sadly couldn't get another 2km, but I have five 10km eggs in Incubators. Excited to hatch them, and get some 2kms with the cleared space.

Firemind

Get rid of some fast TMs. Don't really need that much since it's always a 100% success rate. And yeah get rid of potions too. You don't need a lot to take down gyms now. Spend all your berries on gyms and keep the golden razzes and some pinaps.

I pumped a bit over 200 rare candy on Zapdos and a small amount on Chansey but I'm holding off for Mewtwo too.

Done over 4 raids and still no entei. This game is starting to get on my nerves 😡

I've done two now, nothing. I'll keep trying though. If I don't manage to get him within this week, I don't think I'll bother with raids, except possibly getting some low level ones that I need.

Are you willing to drop it on a Pokemon that is a favorite of yours, despite its not being perceived as being useful in the current meta? I ask because I had the same problem until I decided to use Rare Candy on my favorites.

For example, Lugia's always been one of my favorite Pokemon of all time (probably my absolute favorite, even, but Gardevoir makes it hard to say), but thanks to its abysmal Attack stat and the fact that you can't put it in gyms, the popular consensus is that he's not worth investing in. Yet, I've made it an effort to max out my best one (it helps that it's perfect, but even if it wasn't, I'd still do it). I've also spent a considerable amount of rare candy and stardust on my Umbreon, if only because my girlfriend loves Umbreon so much that she asked me to do so.

so yeah tl;dr, I understand the wariness on resource investment for this game, but investing in favorites that aren't seen as "useful" has been for me, and maybe it can be for you too.

Firemind

What? I'm drowning in Eevee candy. I think I might use some for exp fodder.

Legendaries are the most efficient use of rare candy because they require 20km to walk and you can't feed them in gyms. After the rare candy nerf, I wouldn't use them willy nilly. There are still loads of legendaries to come with Mewtwo practically at the front door.

What? I'm drowning in Eevee candy. I think I might use some for exp fodder.

Legendaries are the most efficient use of rare candy because they require 20km to walk and you can't feed them in gyms. After the rare candy nerf, I wouldn't use them willy nilly. There are still loads of legendaries to come with Mewtwo practically at the front door.

Unfortunately, our luck with Eevee candy isn't as great so there's that. I do recognize that my anecdote is mind-numbingly dumb outside the particular context of my play experience (which is one that isn't too concerned about the metagame), but it's actually made the game more fun for me than when I was trying to maximize utility. So yeah, just putting it out there.

Top Bottom