• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazoo

TFDoihM.jpg

I love the irony of this gif reused over and over. Irony is that the "crappy girl" is still hot as hell.

It is metaphor of PC gaming. We are getting wet for the next big thing whereas godly games are sleeping in our backlog.

Also the new girl is not hotter, she is just blurry and makes our imagination go wild, like every new game preview.

Tizoc

i PERSONALLy enjoyed City a lot more than Asylum.
Despite some outdated elements it is still a pretty solid game IMO.

Y'all need to get in on that Journey Down Ep. 3, since you can get it further discounted if you own Ep. 1 and 2. Here are screenshots I took from the game, the 3rd one is a bit of a spoiler :X

Keys:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition -- MB-CF6D61473D12C693 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 8 entrants total.
Marooners -- MB-1FF44166696F3A0F - Taken by madjoki. 6 entrants total.
Oxenfree -- MB-086C52C4CC568077 - Taken by fspm. 6 entrants total.
Verdun -- MB-22FF9BD879066CF7 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 3 entrants total.

t1506171414z1.png

Teeth

For travelling around the world and the filler moments between that, I would argue it it's design feels more and more dated. However it's centerpieces such as boss fights or when you have to sneak around to get in somewhere are still good.

I very much disagree with this. Grapple boosting and flying is exceptionally fun and has enough technique involved in it that you can pull off some great stunts while still being able to soar around mindlessly if you want (reminds me a lot of flying in Super Mario World).

I can't fathom how "traveling around the world" feels dated...you can get from one side of the city to the opposite in about 90 seconds (there's literally a side quest designed around it). The overworld has tons of nooks and crannies to poke around in, lots of visual easter eggs, and (probably too many) Riddler puzzles to tinker with. You can listen in to thug banter, which changes throughout the game based on which portion of the story you're in, beat up random thug groups leading to interrogations which mark riddler trophies on your map, or just fly over them. At certain points, you can switch over to Catwoman who has a different style of world traversal and slightly tweaked combat mechanics. All of the interior areas are just like Asylum but with amped up visual design, more variety in interaction, and some nice setpiece boss battles.

Arkham City is better than Asylum.

I love the irony of this gif reused over and over. Irony is that the "crappy girl" is still hot as hell.

It is metaphor of PC gaming. We are getting wet for the next big thing whereas godly games are sleeping in our backlog.

Also the new girl is not hotter, she is just blurry and makes our imagination go wild, like every new game preview.

1iVwV0r.jpg

Am... Am I reading academic analysis of a meme?

Kudos.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nightstorm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-574785183BF39463 - Taken by Orakio Rob

Mutant Mudds Deluxe is 90% off and The Hurricane of the Varstray is 75% off on my wishlist. Think I saw SteamGAF or a related thread recommend these before so worth picking up?

Mutant Mudds Deluxe is 90% off and The Hurricane of the Varstray is 75% off on my wishlist. Think I saw SteamGAF or a related thread recommend these before so worth picking up?

Hey, thanks! I'll get that sweet Mutant Mudds Deluxe + Xeodrifter bundle!

I played the Mutant Mudds demo on my 3DS years ago and loved it, and If Xeodrifter plays as good as MM, I'm sure it's worth buying it too.

Tizoc

Hum? That's the fist time I heard about cdkeys being related to credit card thieves. Are you not thinking about G2A?

Some GAFfers were under the impression that CDKeys is like G2A.
While I hadn't used G2A myself and never will, I'll give CDKeys the benefit of the doubt cuz they allow paypal payment along with having Verified by Visa utilized.

For those who have played the new season of telltale's the walking dead is it worth picking up for $9.99 ? Currently on sale on humble bundle and am tempted to get it

Parsnip

Asylum is my best Arkham game, it being the one that I had most fun with. City's open world didn't really do anything to me and I absolutely hated the god damn horseshoe shape of the city. City has better combat though, but the structure of Asylum is god tier and its pacing feels near perfect.

Asylum is my best Arkham game, it being the one that I had most fun with. City's open world didn't really do anything to me and I absolutely hated the god damn horseshoe shape of the city. City has better combat though, but the structure of Asylum is god tier and its pacing feels near perfect.

Asylum > Origins > City

Ludens

Banned
Do you think it's worth spending 22€ just for the story mode of Marvel vs Capcom?
I would play some matches online, but I'm not really into multi, I'd take it just for the campaign which seems very interesting for a Marvel/Capcom fan...or at least it seems from the cutscenes I saw.
Also, since the actual price is around 22€, do you think the game will be cheaper in the next couple of months, or the price could raise instead?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How do you give away an extra copy of a game in your inventory? How can I find out the key for modbot?

Send it to your e-mail address and use the redemption URL as the "key" (you remove the e-mail address from the link if you'd prefer).

Xater

Do you think it's worth spending 22€ just for the story mode of Marvel vs Capcom?
I would play some matches online, but I'm not really into multi, I'd take it just for the campaign which seems very interesting for a Marvel/Capcom fan...or at least it seems from the cutscenes I saw.
Also, since the actual price is around 22€, do you think the game will be cheaper in the next couple of months, or the price could raise instead?

I would save my money if that's the only part that slightly interests you. Everything I saw looks worse than it's competition. Watch a Youtube video of it and be done with it.

Been playing Heat Signature. Really like it. Its a little like a Cyber punk Hotline Miami but with more strategy. Wish the controls were better.

TF2 Battle Royal BOOM!

I call your TF2 Battle Royal and raise you TFC battle royal.

They sure stuck gold with Asylum.

Prey for ~13€ / 16$

Is it bad to want to double dip on this? I got it for the ps4 (gift) and I keep thinking i should play this on the pc instead.

Hum? That's the fist time I heard about cdkeys being related to credit card thieves. Are you not thinking about G2A?

CDkeys is legit but their system has been exploited by thieves but the company has been responsive when it happens and done right by everyone.

Anteater

I liked batman oranges the most, those stupid boss fights in asylum were kind of lame so it turned me off from the game when i first played it, and the combat was better in the newer games, only thing it has going was the tighter level design in asylum but i didn't think it was really that spectacular

JaseC

Is it bad to want to double dip on this? I got it for the ps4 (gift) and I keep thinking i should play this on the pc instead.

Not at all. One version is capped at 30fps and has an uncertain future in terms of backwards compatibility; the other is capped at 144fps and runs on a platform with practically infinite backwards compatibility.

Kadin

Does Steam have a policy about how many times one can refund games over a set period of time, etc.? I think I've refunded the last 5 games I've bought in the last 6 months or so and I don't want to get the privilege revoked if that's a possibility.

I'm looking to pickup the game Cryptark with is 50% right now and it looks good based on the videos, but that's not always all I need to know if I'll like it. Anyone play it, impressions?

JaseC

Does Steam have a policy about how many times one can refund games over a set period of time, etc.? I think I've refunded the last 5 games I've bought in the last 6 months or so and I don't want to get the privilege revoked if that's a possibility.

I'm looking to pickup the game Cryptark with is 50% right now and it looks good based on the videos, but that's not always all I need to know if I'll like it. Anyone play it, impressions?

It's possible to trigger an e-mail that says the refund policy is not a licence to trial games, but I pressed Valve on this and was told "a variety of factors" are taken into consideration when the decision is made to cease offering refunds to a user, so I'd say that behaviour alone wouldn't get you blacklisted even if you were to continue unabated. Basically, as long as you're not trying to score "free" games, then I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Kadin

It's possible to trigger an e-mail that says the refund policy is not a licence to trial games, but I pressed Valve on this and was told "a variety of factors" are taken into consideration when the decision is made to cease offering refunds to a user, so I'd say that behaviour alone wouldn't get you blacklisted even if you were to continue unabated. Basically, as long as you're not trying to score "free" games, then I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Thanks. Yeah I go in with every intention to get a game I like but in the end a lot of times they simply don't play out like I envision. Good to know they do have some type of limit and it makes sense. Luckily when I do refund, it's usually pretty quick, I've never gone close to the 2 hours allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom