• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Guys, are the graphics upgrade significant enough to buy this game again if I already have the ps3 version? Or are the upgrades barely noticeable?

BashNasty

So is this gettable on PS4 yet? A lot of people here are talking like they have the game, but I don't see it anywhere on the PSN store.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Guys, are the graphics upgrade significant enough to buy this game again if I already have the ps3 version? Or are the upgrades barely noticeable?

How is anyone else supposed to decide for you whether its worth it to upgrade? It still looks like DOA5, but they did some subtle things with the skin shaders to refine the skin, and added a few more polygons to the models to make the the edges of the limbs less sharp, and boosted the resolution to full 1080p. If that's what you feel is worth it go ahead.

For me i can't stand the 720p no AA in the PS3 version, so this one is way better for me, plus all the new characters and bonus content.

Skilletor

So is this gettable on PS4 yet? A lot of people here are talking like they have the game, but I don't see it anywhere on the PSN store.

Not yet.

The PS3 title update for Last Round is out.

Loving these Nyotengu buffs.

720p to 1080p is worth the price of admission for me. Also, last gen versions aren't going to be getting all of the DLC, and I need my fighters to be current. No brainer for me. Guess it depends on how much you value IQ.

Pimpbaa

Not much more than a resolution bump. There is some improved shading on the characters, but it seems like no improvement for the stages.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's already got the Last Round patch, if you want the new characters, they're additional DLC.

PS360 versions do not get the additional 2 stages.

You can patch it right now.

So, there's no way to "trial" the characters to see if you want to buy them? I'm mostly waiting for the Last Round Steam port
Plz2BNotShitPortTecmo
but I already have Ultimate PS3 sitting right here and would like to see the characters if it's possible.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So, there's no way to "trial" the characters to see if you want to buy them? I'm mostly waiting for the Last Round Steam port
Plz2BNotShitPortTecmo
but I already have Ultimate PS3 sitting right here and would like to see the characters if it's possible.

No trials on the new ones right now that Im aware of.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
What's new in the $30 PS3 Last Round upgrade? Is it just the new characters + contest costumes? (plus all of Ultimate)

Ninja Dom

I bought vanilla DOA 5 (PS3) on launch at full price and was a little upset that Ultimate wasn't a free upgrade. So I only got Ultimate Core Fighters and bought the characters I wanted.

I'm pretty happy that Last Round is a free update to Ultimate. I'm gonna download the update as soon as I get home from work.

A lot of potential PS4 players in this thread. Shame there isn't any cross play.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Played a bit of last round on ps3 tonight, played against honoka and raidou cpu and they seem like pretty cool characters. The new unlockable costumes for each character are also a nice touch.

Dunno if anyone has posted this but anyone transferring their save file to the next gen console need to do so by updating the last gen game, then in the options menu you have thee ability to press square (dunno what it is on xbox 360) and upload your save file from there.

Ninja Dom

Because I'm only updating Core Fighters does anybody know:

1) Is the story mode the same exact story mode as Vanilla & Ultimate? Those two are the same.

3) How much are extra characters? Let me re-phrase, how much is Honoka?

ShinMaruku

Story mode my gave context to raidou and Honoka and Marie and Nyo Tengu. Or it could be the same. Time will tell.

Honoka should be around $4 $8 with all her dlc outfits.

Someone gifted me a shit ton of PSN cards so just gonna wait for the store to update. Hopefully fang doesn't feel too different...that BT P+K crouch status is dope though :p

Squire

Banned
Story mode my gave context to raidou and Honoka and Marie and Nyo Tengu. Or it could be the same. Time will tell.

Honoka should be around $4 $8 with all her dlc outfits.

It's going to be the same. If they added them to it that info would've come out by now.

Bardiche

Got Ultimate when it first came out and now I'm waiting for my shipment of Last Round. Wish they would've added more hot outfits for the men, but being able to play Akira for my PS4 is a good enough reason to get this game.

Mesharey

Holy shit! I had NO IDEA this game was releasing tomorrow. I have been waiting for a fighting game to come along so I can sink my teeth into it and finally learn how to be good at one. Do you guys have tips? I plan on picking this up tomorrow if the snow doesn't close the store lol.
There are tutorial videos in the OT. ;)

Thinking of getting this. Need some sexiness in my PS4, hahaha.

Anyways, which character do you folks think the easiest to master...well, "master" is probably the wrong word, how about "learn" instead.... for a beginner like me? I mean, my fighting game expertise can pretty much be summed up in one term: button-mashing, but I am interested in trying something new other than FPSes and Shooters or whatever so why not a fighting game and why not one with many pretty eye-candies? Hahaha.
Hitomi for sure!

Can't wait to finish work and download it.

Inuhanyou

I wonder if there's a way to upgrade if you have your DOA data and saves but not the ultimate disk....

Inuhanyou

Is DoA5U still on sale for 10 bucks?

No, and i dont think i'd bite anyway lol, since htt takes away the point of buying last round. I had sold my DOA5U right after hearing about last round while keeping my saves and game data, now i'm wondering if i can use the F2P version to upgrade...

Skilletor

No, and i dont think i'd bite anyway lol, since htt takes away the point of buying last round. I had sold my DOA5U right after hearing about last round while keeping my saves and game data, now i'm wondering if i can use the F2P version to upgrade...

You could get the patch, but only the content for which you've already paid.

MattXIII

Triple dipping on this.

Add me guys MathiusXIII -will be playing on PS4

Platinumed DOA5U will be platinuming Last Round, freaking <3 DOA. Haven't played DOA is over a year wonder how much Momiji has changed?

Fongul

Pre-ordered online from Best Buy. I still haven't seen a shipping notice. Anyone have experience with pre-ordering from them?

My order from Best Buy is in the process of being shipped, Wish I did in-store pickup instead of shipping as I am home all week on a stay-cation, but hopefully I will have it by Thursday at the latest. Sometimes to save on expedited shipping costs, Best Buy will ship from a local store nearby instead of shipping the game across country.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
What does the costume situation look like? Does Nyo Tengu, Marie, and Phase 4 have any of their dlc costumes? I figure Honoka will be just her defaults, but what about those three?

I didn't realize that DOA5 Ultimate was going to simply update to Last Round. I thought it was going to be another whole purchase. Looks like part of it is, since not all the new characters are available, but I was still able to update my game which is kinda cool. I kinda wish they didn't do this, because I was more tempted to get it on PS4 before, lol.

I forgot how good this game looked, even on PS3. The video footage on youtube for the PS4 version is a hard sell because it's hard to see the difference on such crappy video quality, especially after playing this game again after a while and remembering how gorgeous it always was.

OrochiJR

Is there an ETA for when the PS360 patch is supposed to go live Europe? Just asking because I probably get my hands on the Xbone version of the game today but don't want to play it before I recover my data from the 360 version...

Ninja Dom

I didn't realize that DOA5 Ultimate was going to simply update to Last Round. I thought it was going to be another whole purchase. Looks like part of it is, since not all the new characters are available, but I was still able to update my game which is kinda cool. I kinda wish they didn't do this, because I was more tempted to get it on PS4 before, lol.

I forgot how good this game looked, even on PS3. The video footage on youtube for the PS4 version is a hard sell because it's hard to see the difference on such crappy video quality, especially after playing this game again after a while and remembering how gorgeous it always was.

Why aren't they available? And who isn't available? I'm upgrading my PS3 Ultimate to Last Round.

Why aren't they available? And who isn't available? I'm upgrading my PS3 Ultimate to Last Round.

I mean, you can purchase them, but they're not free I meant. Phase 4, Honoka, Raidou, and Nyotengu have to be purchased.

Edit: Oh that's right, Phase 4, and Nyotengu were released for Ultimate before, but I just never bought them.

Eolz

The free ps360 patch is only about balance chnages and some costumes I think. They aren't giving you the characters for free on those platforms. There'll just be a package for everything.

Ascenion

Played a little Core fighters tonight on Xbone. Tempted to jump in for $4.99 just to try. Anyone know if I purchase that will it decrease the price of the full game if decide to buy? Looked at the ala carte DLC prices and....lol no. Never.

Top Bottom