• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Alpha Test Invites Going Out [Psyduck And Conquest At GamesCom]

Richard: Hi, my name is Richard. How may I help you?
me: hey there
me: this is gonna be a long one I'm afraid, got a bunch of stuff to sort
Richard: okay.
me: basically, I have a ridiculous amount of EA accounts that I'd like to link to my current main one, if at all possible
Richard: No Sorry, Not possible.

Thanks, EA support.

gillty

Banned
Found this:
screenshot_21-600x412mnub.jpg

Rush mode?

Hype -9000, even if I get in, no thanks.

Haha, what. I looked away from the tab and now it says I'm in the queue for another support agent which is estimated to take 40 minutes.

This is amazing.

PatzCU

spicy cho said:
Great. Just Great. Imagine it'll be the same with the "beta" aka demo...

Battlefield 3: Conquest Mode DLC to be released later. Purchase Battlefield 3 on Origin for exclusive early access!

Well, based on the spec requirements, I wouldn't have been able to try out the alpha trial anyway

Q: What are the minimum hardware recommendations for the Alpha Trial?

A: RECOMMENDED WINDOWS PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Installed: Origin
CPU: Quadcore @ 2.0 GHz or faster
RAM: 4 GB or more
Hard Drive: 7.25 GB free disk space
Video: 512 MB or greater
DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card with latest drivers (AMD 11.5 or later, nVidia 275.33 or later)
Sound: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card
Internet: broadband connection

Yeah... I have played all the BF games. Don't own the old ones. Bad Company is linked to my XBL account while BF1943, BC2, BF2 and BF:Heroes are linked to PS3/PC account.

So my Veteran status is 3 whereas it should be more, and there is no way to link them... bull!

trainspot

Banned
shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit... shit !

If you got the code, and don't want to play - just give it to me, i'd love to see how it all works.

spicy cho

trainspot said:
shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit... shit !

If you got the code, and don't want to play - just give it to me, i'd love to see how it all works.
Ditto. In fact I'm willing to gift anyone something on steam, a steamgifts.com invite, or otherwise barter for one.

Rapefrog

Neo Member
reggieandTFE said:
I just received an e-mail to be a Battlefield 3 Alpha tester. Any one else get this and know how wide it is going out? I'm stuck at work and can't download it yet. :/

wow that was clever of you to post that

Heysoos

I just got this:

Thank you for purchasing the Medal of Honor Limited Edition, which included access to the upcoming Battlefield 3 Beta! We are making great progress on Battlefield 3 and can't wait to share it with you. We will be rolling out the Beta during the month of September and you are still on our exclusive list to enter this Beta early.

We are currently running internal tests and a tech-focused closed Alpha Trial. We will be sure to notify you when the Battlefield 3 Beta is available to you. In the meantime, check out some of the latest Battlefield 3 videos and related news at the official site.

I'm only veteran status 2, but have 3 games linked. And can't for the life of me link BF2 with that stupid Gamespy login. So I should be 4.

I usually resign myself to waiting for an "open" beta anyway so anything better is a bonus.

blackprophesy said:
I'm only veteran status 2, but have 3 games linked. And can't for the life of me link BF2 with that stupid Gamespy login. So I should be 4.

I usually resign myself to waiting for an "open" beta anyway so anything better is a bonus.

Contact EA support, they will take care of it.

How are you people even able to register 1942.
It just tells me the cd key is wrong or some sit when I tried to enter it (retail launch copy from 2003).

BobTheFork said:
What's rush mode? How does it work?

You have Attackers trying to arm and destroy 2 stations at a given base and you have Defenders trying to kill the Attackers and disarm the charges

zlatko

Banned
If anyone gets it and can't run it on PC or w/e reason I'd be more than willing to take it off your hands to run it and lose hours upon hours to it.

RS4-

Vet status 4, couldn't link the old BF games for whatever reason.

Didn't buy MoH though lol; ugh, need to get in on this!

Cornbread78

blackprophesy said:

It's giving me a vet status of 0, saying I haven't played online.... last time I checked I had my pla trophy in BFBC2, so...... not sure what they are talking about. I have about 10 or so EA games attached to my EA profile too, including MoH and Crysis2.....

JaskoX1

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
Only for PC? Damn.

Is MOH the only way to get into the beta?
Q: Is this the Beta promised to buyers of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition?

A: No, this is an Alpha Trial, meaning this software is still not at the "Beta" development milestone. The Open Beta will start in September. The exact date for when Medal of Honor: Limited Edition players can join the Beta will be announced at a later date.

woober

LovingSteam said:
Contact EA support, they will take care of it.

Wow.

I just chatted with them because I couldn't add BF2142 to my Veteran count. Originally I had a veteran status of 1. The guy adds 5 other games to my veteran status including the BF2142 game. So now I have a veteran status of 6. Not sure why he did that, but lol!

And somehow I don't think this will give me a better chance at getting the Alpha.

Miggytronz

JaskoX1 said:
Q: Is this the Beta promised to buyers of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition?

A: No, this is an Alpha Trial, meaning this software is still not at the "Beta" development milestone. The Open Beta will start in September. The exact date for when Medal of Honor: Limited Edition players can join the Beta will be announced at a later date.

Makes sense

trainspot

Banned
Now, each time I play that shitty bc2, i'm going to think about all of you playing bf3... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggghhh FFS !

Top Bottom