• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conduit 2 for Wii.

EatChildren said:
Maybe boxart.

o0tco7.jpg

Is it wrong that I burst out laughing when I saw this?

Don't mind the cover.

I'm actually surprised that the Wii is getting a handful of decent-looking shooters. Red Steel 2 was great, Conduit 2 looks pretty cool and I'm really up for Goldeneye and COD Black Ops.

I really kinda hope Disney will dust off old-school Turok but Propaganda is working on Tron and I severely doubt Retro would have the time. I had a GC, but it wasn't quite N64-shooter era on that thing.

How's the Sniper Elite port?

I think they wanted the Conduit 2 box art to depict the events leading up to the scene in the Bomberman Act Zero box art.
o0tco7.jpg

51AKyWBJl8L._SS500_.jpg

As for why they wanted that... you got me there.

jrricky

Banned
Does ford really get that suit in the game? Does he have teammates? Also is the ASE slightly nonexistent in the sequel?

Vagabundo

ILikeFeet said:
It feels like they are trying too hard to appeal to the hardcore demo. Hey at least no blue :)

Hey this ain't no high brow litreture(sic).

It is eye catching and would make me look twice. It is a little generic, but with decent art and colours.

8/10

The consistent problem with this company is the quality of their designs. I mean, I don't care how Halo you want your game to look, can't you hire a fucking illustrator to do ONE cover for your most anticipated game?

This looks garbage bin - generic...

EDarkness

abstract alien said:
Not that I really care for it, but I don't see what's so bad about it in comparison to the rest of the shooter bunch.

Same here. Looks like your standard video game cover to me.

MYE

Whats wrong with that cover?

Looks as good/bad as your average FPS cover. Looks alot better than the first one.

MYE

Am i looking at the same boxart or are we just calling it shit because its the Conduit?

Are these any better?

gears-of-war-cover.jpg
halo3boxart_2.jpg

halo2(1).jpg
1101733-20090611232449_halo_3_odst_box_art_large.png

etc...

MYE said:
Am i looking at the same boxart or are we just calling it shit because its the Conduit?

That's your answer right there. This box art doesn't look any worse/better/different than the shit addorning Gears of War/Halo/Killzone/Resistence etc but because its the Conduit it's shit.

Luigiv

MYE said:
Are these any better?

*Halo Boxarts*
Yes. The composition and colour pallet are much stronger in those box arts. They look a lot more polished and professional (even if they do look equally as silly and generic).

MYE

Luigiv said:
Yes. The composition and colour pallet are much stronger in those box arts. They look a lot more polished and professional (even if they do look equally as silly and generic).

No, not really.

They have a more serious vibe going on but i dont really see them as more "polished and professional".
Conduit 2's boxart looks like a comic book cover. If it suits the game or not is beyond me (didnt play the first) but it looks okay as far as i'm concerned.

Haunted

A generic cover, how appropriate.

I liked the trashy X-Men of the 90's look of the first one's cover much more.

EmCeeGramr said:
Aw, now it looks like an early 360 game cover instead of a Genesis cover.

otherc.gif

Maybe they think they'll be taken more seriously if they follow the trend of faceless, armored space warriors. The nice thing is that whether the box art gets better or worse, the game itself is still [probably] a decent improvement on the original.

...on second thought, I'd love to see Conduit 3 use a Master System style cover with a just a grid and a floating ASE. :)

hokahey

GameplayWhore said:
Maybe they think they'll be taken more seriously if they follow the trend of faceless, armored space warriors.

And I'd bet money that your average Joe Wal-Mart will notice this game more so than the first as a result. Hence, job well done.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I think the new box art will get attention for the game, I jsut hope the game is awesome, dont mess this up HVS or I will cry This and the Grinder better Rule on the Wii

Bizzyb

Banned
That Singer Guy... said:
If these guys put a pre-order demo out like Monster Hunter Tri did, they'll sell atleast 600k+...com on High Voltage put a beta or something out.

Hey is that you in your avatar? Anywho I dunno if a demo would help. It would have to be pretty damn impressive

MNC

GameplayWhore said:
otherc.gif

Maybe they think they'll be taken more seriously if they follow the trend of faceless, armored space warriors. The nice thing is that whether the box art gets better or worse, the game itself is still [probably] a decent improvement on the original.

...on second thought, I'd love to see Conduit 3 use a Master System style cover with a just a grid and a floating ASE. :)
:lol :lol I saw Other C, didn't even see his face!

edit: WTF IT MOVES!?!?!???!

Top Bottom