• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2017

Dee Dee

The Fire Emblem Direct is still not announced for Europe or Japan?
I'll just start crying now, okay.

Are there any FE VC games that Europe had and that NA could get as announcements in the Direct?

EDIT: Japan Direct confirmed! Ah, the good old "go on the internet and complain" trick. Works every time.

foltzie1

I just checked my "Stuck in Wii mode" spreadsheet. Secret of Mana and Smash Bros.

I know the former is SE weirdness, but I wonder why SSB never came over.

Edit: The sheet includes Genesis and TG16 titles, but I'm being realistic here.

TheMoon

I just checked my "Stuck in Wii mode" spreadsheet. Secret of Mana and Smash Bros.

The one reason why I personally don't care about Secret of Mana and Actraiser being stuck in Wii Mode is that they'd force the localized ROMs on us again in EU. So not only 50Hz but 50Hz plus German translation single language ROM.

Ogre Battle 64 is still "Stuck in Wii mode" too but like you said SE weirdness. Pokemon Puzzle League is also stuck in Wii mode. Maybe we'll get Smash and that too if we're lucky.

Pokemaniac

Probably all we're getting. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last VC game in NA. I know I said last week that F Zero was probably the last but that was before I knew NoE released Star Fox 64 there already.

We've probably got at least 2 weeks of Wii U VC left (Pokémon Puzzle League and Smash 64). There are potentially a few other stragglers I could see happening, too, but those two are the ones that it'd be weird if they didn't release.

Shizza

I'm in for Star Fox 64.

Smash 64 would be cool too, if it comes. Anyone know why Pilotwings 64 never made it to the Wii? Hoping we get that on some Nintendo platform eventually. I loved it back in the day, and I've been wanting to revisit that one for a while!

jholmes

Probably all we're getting. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last VC game in NA. I know I said last week that F Zero was probably the last but that was before I knew NoE released Star Fox 64 there already.

Nah, no way we don't get Pokemon Puzzle League.

I'm actually optimistic about Wii U Virtual Console support from here on out, possibly only because I can't imagine Nintendo doing anything more to piss me off.

Nah, no way we don't get Pokemon Puzzle League.

I'm actually optimistic about Wii U Virtual Console support from here on out, possibly only because I can't imagine Nintendo doing anything more to piss me off.
Well, I mean I want to be wrong but I don't think Japan has PPL or Smash yet, so I can't see NoA release something before them. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic.

jholmes

Well, I mean I want to be wrong but I don't think Japan has PPL or Smash yet, so I can't see NoA release something before them. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic.

It wasn't that long ago Nintendo would release something in Japan and the rest of us would get it shortly after though.

Man you're probably right, Nintendo's probably going to try to starve the Wii U now in a misguided attempt to get us impressed with the Switch.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King – Uncover the story of the Cursed King as you save the world from a twisted magician in this genre-defining role-playing game. Across the vast world you'll wage turn-based battles against more than 250 monsters designed by artist Akira Toriyama. This updated classic also includes new dungeons, bosses, items, quests, scenes and a new possible ending!
- Punch Club – Punch Club is a boxing tycoon management game with multiple branching storylines. Your goal is clear, but how you get there depends on whether you want to legitimately climb the rankings, or take the more ridiculous, shady route.
- Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World – Demo Version – Before the Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World game launches for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on Feb. 3, try it out with this free demo. Download it now to experience the beautifully handcrafted world and clever side-scrolling action.

Virtual Console on Wii U

- Star Fox 64 – The Lylat system has been invaded! In this Nintendo 64 classic, take control of the Arwing and skim over the surface of an alien sea, weave through the concrete canyons of a futuristic metropolis or dodge planetoids the size of mountains. Complete 15 missions on your way to the final showdown on planet Venom. It's up to Fox McCloud and his team of space mercenaries to save the galaxy from the clutches of the evil Andross.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

- January Digital Deals – Nintendo kicked off its first Nintendo eShop sale of the year with January Digital Deals. Fans can save on select digital games for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, and My Nintendo members can get extra bonus savings on eligible games. Sale ends 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 25. See the details at www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
- Great deals this week include Word Logic by POWGI, Family Tennis SP, plus several more! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Also new this week:

- COLOR CUBES (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Koi DX (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Mega Maze (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Snowball (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Toby: The Secret Mine (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

You all are incredible! I just purchased a Wii U for playing some evergreens and needless to say, I've got my eyes on digital content. Thanks for such detailed and incredible effort scoping this data!

DKoops

Neo Member
Nintendo eShop (New 3DS)

Castlevania Dracula X (SNES VC, Konami) - €7.99/£7.19
Dracula has risen once again, summoning his dark minions, and capturing the girlfriend of Richter Belmont as bait to lure the hero to his doom. As Richter, descendent of the original slayer Simon Belmont, wield the legendary whip and do battle against the denizens of Dracula's castle. Wield powerful weapons and mystical power-ups and discover secret bonus levels as you venture through seven levels of hellish action. Make your mark in the Belmont lineage and turn Dracula to dust!

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Butterfly: Inchworm Animation II (Flat Black Films) - €7.99/£7.19
A full-featured animation studio in your hand. Butterfly: Inchworm Animation II: Let your imagination take flight! After five years, Inchworm Animation has emerged from its cocoon! Flat Black Films is proud to present BUTTERFLY: INCHWORM ANIMATION II. A full-featured handheld animation studio designed exclusively for Nintendo 3DS.

Candy, Please! (Nostatic Software) - €2.25/£1.99
Ahh, Halloween - a time to dress up, carve pumpkins and amass glorious amounts of candy! In order to collect enough candy, once around the neighbourhood just won't do - you are going to need several different costumes to pull it off.

Mini Golf Resort (Teyon) - €4.99/£4.49
Grab your golf clubs and get ready to play through 56 incredible courses in 4 unique worlds. Enjoy a combination of real golf club rules and wacky mini golf fun as you shoot your ball through pipes, up extreme ramps and around crazy obstacles towards the hole!

Word Search 10K (Lightwood Games) - €7.99/£5.99
With more than 10,000 words hidden in a grid of 90,000 letters, Word Search 10K is the largest, word search ever made! The puzzle is arranged as 100 themed sections, each containing roughly 100 words - but even each section is much too large to fit on screen! Scroll with the +Control Pad or Circle Pad, then touch with the Nintendo 3DS stylus to highlight words. To solve the entire thing, you'll have to find words from categories as diverse as boys' names, hair styles and accountancy. You'll visit London, Las Vegas and outer space. You'll encounter spiders, vampires and fictional horses. You'll be transported from ancient Egypt, through the world of dreams and to the end of days.

Special offers
3D Game Collection (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends February 9, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Atlantic Quest (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends February 9, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Secret Agent Files: Miami (Joindots) - €6.39/£4.79 (Ends February 9, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Fantasy Pirates (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.35/£1.35 (Ends February 23, normally €4.50/£4.50)
RV-7 My Drone (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.89/£0.89 (Ends February 23, normally €2.99/£2.99)
TOYS VS MONSTERS (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.19/£1.19 (Ends February 23, normally €3.99/£3.99)
VAN HELSING SNIPER ZX100 (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends February 23, normally €6.66/£6.66)
Kutar Apple (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.69/£0.69 (Ends February 9, normally €0.99/£0.99)
Kutar Burger Factory (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.69/£0.69 (Ends February 9, normally €0.99/£0.99)
Kutar End Credits (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.69/£0.69 (Ends February 9, normally €0.99/£0.99)
Kutar Powder Factory (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.69/£0.69 (Ends February 9, normally €0.99/£0.99)
Kutar Ski Lift (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.69/£0.69 (Ends February 9, normally €0.99/£0.99)

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Special offers
Dragon Skills (Joindots) - €6.39/£5.43 (Ends February 9, normally €7.99/£6.79)
Island Flight Simulator (Joindots) - €6.39/£4.79 (Ends February 9, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Sweetest Thing (Joindots) - €5.59/£4.39 (Ends February 9, normally €6.99/£5.49)
Hot Rod Racer (ZeNfA Productions) - €0.99/£0.89 (Permanent, was €2.99/£2.69)
ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimensions! (ZeNfA Productions) - €1.49/£1.19 (Permanent, was €2.99/£2.29)

Dee Dee

Apparently there is a surprise Zelda sale coming to the EU eShop!

NoE posted it on Twitter, but all the info is in a video they posted and I am on mobile now with a crappy data plan. Can anyone go check it out to see if it's worthwhile?

LayLa

Apparently there is a surprise Zelda sale coming to the EU eShop!

NoE posted it on Twitter, but all the info is in a video they posted and I am on mobile now with a crappy data plan. Can anyone go check it out to see if it's worthwhile?

pretty much every 3DS & WiiU Zelda game will be 30% off for MyNintendo users, including Hyrule Warriors DLC. also Zelda 3DS themes 50% off, with an anniversary theme & live orchestra music videos available as rewards.

Three games for Wii U in one week? Nice! I'm not holding my breath, but it would be nice to see the Wii U VC releases continue after Switch releases.

donny2112

Three games for Wii U in one week? Nice! I'm not holding my breath, but it would be nice to see the Wii U VC releases continue after Switch releases.

All three are from Culture Brain, which is a publisher I'm only familiar with from Japan. May be why I don't recognize any of these titles. More VC is good, but hopefully Nintendo (the publisher) hasn't abandoned NES, SNES, and GB VC entirely for new additions.

Pokemaniac

All three are from Culture Brain, which is a publisher I'm only familiar with from Japan. May be why I don't recognize any of these titles. More VC is good, but hopefully Nintendo (the publisher) hasn't abandoned NES, SNES, and GB VC entirely for new additions.

Depending on the rights situation for Cruis'n USA, there are either 2 or 3 more N64 games from Nintendo that seem likely to be released.

Otherwise though, I wouldn't expect anything more from Nintendo until the Switch.

BooJoh

Depending on the rights situation for Cruis'n USA, there are either 2 or 3 more N64 games from Nintendo that seem likely to be released.

Otherwise though, I wouldn't expect anything more from Nintendo until the Switch.

I wonder if they'll be slowing 3DS VC support as well, attempting to perhaps move more users to Switch for portable VC.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo Mobile

- Fire Emblem Heroes: Choose Your Legends Event – To prepare for the launch of the Fire Emblem Heroes game on Feb. 2, Nintendo has kicked off the Fire Emblem Heroes: Choose Your Legends event. Fans can visit https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote to browse through characters from the Fire Emblem franchise and select the ones they’d like to see make an appearance in Fire Emblem Heroes. The global community’s top-ranked hero and heroine will then be featured in Fire Emblem Heroes as Choose Your Legends event characters. Nintendo Account holders will receive a Platinum point bonus for voting. Voting ends at 9:59 pm PT on Tuesday, Jan. 31.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- Use Pokémon Bank with Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon – Calling all Pokémon fans! Pokémon Bank is now compatible with the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon games, which means the Pokémon that adventured with you in the Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X and Pokémon Y games will be able to join you in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. The Pokédex and Poké Transporter applications are also getting some fun updates! For additional details, restrictions and service fee information, visit http://www.pokemonbank.com/.

Virtual Console on Wii U

- Flying Warriors – When the evil red star appears in the sky, the great monster of the Dark Dimension, Demonyx, returns. The five Flying Warriors, led by Rick Stalker, are sent by the Dragon Lord to defeat Demonyx. In this NES action game, fight through four game modes and choose one of two different fighting styles: one for beginners and one for those who can master the martial arts. Use items and Mystic Spells in your quest to rescue the Light Dimension from darkness.
- Kung-Fu Heroes – Monsters have taken Princess Min-Min. The whole land has fallen into sorrow. Only Kung-Fu Masters Jacky and Lee can save the princess and retrieve the treasures. This NES game will take you to eight different castles filled with a host of traps and obstacles. Whether or not you make it to the last castle depends on your quick wits and reflexes.
- Little Ninja Brothers – You are spirited Ninja boys, Jack and Ryu, who take off on a journey to defeat the Yoma Clan. In this NES spiritual sequel to the Kung-Fu Heroes game, fight enemies with various skills such as punches, kicks, swords and throwing stars. Take your attacks to the next level with special items like the Iron Claws and the Crush Punch. Work as a team to bring peace back to Chinaland.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

- Great deals this week include Kutar Ski Lift (Nintendo 3DS), Toon Tanks (Wii U) and Power Disc Slam (Nintendo 3DS), plus several more! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Also new this week:

- Candy, Please! (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Word Search 10K (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

nubbe

I hope it's a bug that I only can buy one Zelda game for 30% off... I got Hyrule Warriors... But I also want to get Skyward Sword so I don't need my disc... :(

Chairhome

Woah, Flying Warriors is on VC? That is pretty crazy, never thought that game see the light of day again.
I love this IP. I wish the sequel had a good translation. I even played the snes games, wish they would revive it.

And Little Ninja Brothers (and its sequel that is not on vc yet) were great too. I hope this means other culture brain games like Magic of Scheherazade are coming too.

jholmes

I know of Kung Fu Heroes by reputation and I played the Flying Dragon sequel on N64, but I've never played any of the Culture Brain three. But I could go for something like that right now. Which of these do you guys recommend?

EDIT: I bought Little Ninja Brothers on a friend's advice and that... that sure is a video game, boy howdy.

WVW69kBa1zQA_da2SX

flowsnake

Uh, I get random slowdown in the VC Phantom Hourglass, as if the emulator can't handle it.

Is DS VC known to have problems like that?

Now that I think about it, it might be wifi interference affecting the gamepad.

Edit: Changing the router's channel seemed to work.

maxcriden

I'm having a weird lag issue on my Wii U GamePad this morning. I haven't turned it on in a few weeks. It's pretty low battery. I went into the eShop and it seemed to freeze, same with one of my home screen folders. It's like I pressed a touch button and then it hung up for a while and eventually went through to the selected screen. One of the 2-3 times this happened it went to a blank eShop screen and never ended up going anywhere. Could this be a hardware or touchscreen issue or is probably the low battery...or...I don't really know what?

Edit: just saw your post above mine, flowsnake. Odd coincidence. I wonder if your issue was similar to mine. How do I change the router's channel BTW?

TheMoon

I'm having a weird lag issue on my Wii U GamePad this morning. I haven't turned it on in a few weeks. It's pretty low battery. I went into the eShop and it seemed to freeze, same with one of my home screen folders. It's like I pressed a touch button and then it hung up for a while and eventually went through to the selected screen. One of the 2-3 times this happened it went to a blank eShop screen and never ended up going anywhere. Could this be a hardware or touchscreen issue or is probably the low battery...or...I don't really know what?

Edit: just saw your post above mine, flowsnake. Odd coincidence. I wonder if your issue was similar to mine. How do I change the router's channel BTW?

why don't you just charge it?

Pokemaniac

Wireless interference seems possible. I'd check for any potential sources of 5Ghz WiFi noise.

Top Bottom