• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2017

Pokemaniac

Yeah, charging now, hopefully all good after. Thanks.

Maybe my phone (Moto E 2nd gen) and laptop (MacBook Air 2011model) next to it? :/ Thank you.

If your phone has 5Ghz wifi and is Android, There's an app called Wifi Analyzer that could be helpful in finding any Wifi networks in the area that could be causing interference.

flowsnake

Edit: just saw your post above mine, flowsnake. Odd coincidence. I wonder if your issue was similar to mine. How do I change the router's channel BTW?

It depends on the router, but for me there was a setting somewhere in the router's admin settings where the 5Ghz channel was set to "Auto". Apparently the Gamepad uses channel 36, so I set it to 100. Not 100% sure if that was why but it didn't happen after that.

DKoops

Neo Member
Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World (Nintendo, available February 3) - €39.99/£34.99

Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World is an adventure game set in a world of yarn. Poochy Pups also appear for the first time. These little helpers jump on suspicious spots to indicate where you should look for secrets and collectables.

Lifespeed (Wee Man Studios) - €5.99/£4.99
Lifespeed is the ultimate race for survival. Battle your galactic opponents while flying at high speed through exciting tunnels. Your planet needs you! One thousand years ago a Great War threatened to engulf the galaxy. The United Government was formed to stop the impending Armageddon. Now there is a new genocide called Lifespeed. Instead of war, disputes about resources and survival are settled on the track. Each rider is forced to compete for their planet's survival and for the chance to become Archon. You are Cypher Reid.

Legna Tactica (KEMCO) - €9.99/£8.99
Save the Kingdom through tactical battles! Strategy is the only key to victory! In the lands of Feyzum, where the Kingdom of Legna is drawn into the chaos of battle against the Empire of Izmoot, Leck and his friends Miana and Astar are engaged in field training as trainee soldiers. However, they know nothing of the inescapable destiny that awaits them... Legna Tactica is a full-scale strategy RPG with an orthodox system where players can choose party members to join turn-based tactical battles on isometric grid. Not only the game features multiple endings based on the player choices during the story, but also titles to achieve and engaging skill tree system to customize characters as you like! It is time to witness the fate of the lands of Feyzum!

Punch Club (tinyBuild Games) - €9.99/£8.99
Train hard, fight crocodiles and find love. Earn your place in the Punch Club ranks, and discover who brutally murdered your father, in this choose your own adventure boxing management tycoon.

Special offers

The Legend of Zelda Weeks 2017 (Nintendo eShop Sale)

In our ongoing The Legend of Zelda Weeks 2017 sale, you can get 30% off on a number of top The Legend of Zelda titles for Nintendo 3DS family systems and Wii U with My Nintendo, as well as access to new and exclusive rewards like The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary orchestra videos until 09/02/17. Even if you're not a My Nintendo user yet, you can still get up to 50% off a number of Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu themes, and 30% off add-on content for Hyrule Warriors on Wii U and Hyrule Warriors: Legends on Nintendo 3DS family systems. For more information, you can check out The Legend of Zelda Weeks 2017 sale on the official Nintendo website.

Power Disc Slam (Chequered Cow Games) - €4.39/£3.99 (Ends February 16, normally €5.49/£4.99)
Crollors Game Pack (Nvriezen) - €0.99/£0.93 (Ends March 2, normally €1.49/£1.39)
Alien on the run (Joindots) - €3.99/£3.35 (Ends February 16, normally €4.99/£4.19)
Crazy Construction (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends February 16, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Epic Word Search Holiday Special (Lightwood Games) - €3.99/£2.99 (Ends February 23, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Splat The Difference (Lightwood Games) - €4.00/£3.60 (Ends February 23, normally €5.00/£4.50)

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Bomberman '94 (KONAMI, TG-16 VC) - €6.99/£6.29

Bomberman has arrived to restore peace on the planet, which has been split into five parts by an evil hand. In addition to the nine members of the Bomber Family, the character Rooi shows up to lend a hand. Jump on the Eggs that appear from destroyed Soft Blocks and you can ride one of five types of Rooi. Each Rooi has different special abilities--use them well and you'll ride to victory. If you own this title on your Wii, perform a system transfer from your Wii to your Wii U to receive a special upgrade price.

Gradius (KONAMI, TG-16 VC) - €6.99/£6.29
You are the last hope of the gentle people of Gradius. You've just lifted off to confront the all-out attack of the amoeboid Bacterions. Your hyper-space fighter is armed with the greatest arsenal in the galaxy. Air-to-surface and double beam laser cannons for incredible firepower. Powerful force fields for protection. Time and space warps for fleeing the dimension. You'll need it all just to survive. Because at the heart of the Bacterion Empire lies the Xaerous Superfortress - the nerve center of the all-knowing, all-seeing Bacterion Bio-Computer. It's a duel to the death, while the entire galaxy watches, waits, and hopes!

BRICK RACE (RCMADIAX) - €1.49/£1.39
Time to RACE! In BRICK RACE quickly turn left or right to dodge traffic and collect a HIGH SCORE! Easy pick-up and play action that everyone can enjoy. Endless fun on the go! Grab a high-score, then share it on Miiverse with the community to see how it stacks up.

COLOR CUBES (RCMADIAX) - €1.49/£1.39
Switch or stay - that's how you play this game! Tap the touch screen to switch the color boxes, or keep them the way they are. You must act quickly as the game gets faster and faster. Endless fun for everyone!

Koi DX (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.99/£3.89
KOI reflects a tranquil and mesmerizing experience as you embark on an introspective journey through the lens of a lone koi fish separated from its owner and is the last hope for purifying waters polluted by mankind. It's up to you to turn the tide and guide the koi through eight artfully rendered stages that will take you into the murky as well as enchanting waters, deep below the surface. Search and activate the hiding small fish, bring the small fish to open the flowers with the same color. The wandering black fish should be avoided once encountered. Once all flowers are opened, the black fish will be purified.

Shadow Archer (Ultra Dolphin Rev) - €2.99/£2.69
You are Shadow, a skilled archer of the realm. You must survive hordes of creatures by defeating them with your trusty crossbow. Find power-ups to defeat even tougher enemies! Power-ups will aid you in your survival against the ever spawning creatures of the realm! Arrows are limited, so make every shot count in this challenging, retro inspired, arcade styled game! So shoot, score, and survive in SHADOW ARCHER!

Star Splash: Shattered Star (Snails Animation) - €3.49/£2.99
The celestial Mother Star brought balance to the planet for millennia. But because of an evil creature, it is now shattered into thousands of pieces. A courageous dolphin must find the pieces to reconstitute the Mother Star and defeat evil to prevent world devastation!

In "Star Splash: Shattered Star", you must do all sorts of well timed, precise acrobatics to collect stars in over 30 levels. Swim through the seas, jump high in the air, and dive & dash at high speeds to save the Mother Star or compete with a friend in 2 player mode and see who catches the most stars!

Minecraft: Wii U Edition - Villains Skin Pack (Mojang, Add-on Content available Febuary 1) - €1.99/£1.59

Special offers

The Legend of Zelda Weeks 2017 (Nintendo eShop Sale)

In our ongoing The Legend of Zelda Weeks 2017 sale, you can get 30% off on a number of top The Legend of Zelda titles for Nintendo 3DS family systems and Wii U with My Nintendo, as well as access to new and exclusive rewards like The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary orchestra videos until 09/02/17. Even if you're not a My Nintendo user yet, you can still get up to 50% off a number of Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu themes, and 30% off add-on content for Hyrule Warriors on Wii U and Hyrule Warriors: Legends on Nintendo 3DS family systems. For more information, you can check out The Legend of Zelda Weeks 2017 sale on the official Nintendo website.

Citadale (Nitrolic Games) - €2.50/£2.24 (Ends March 2, normally €5.00/£4.99)
Mortar Melon (Nitrolic Games) - €2.50/£2.24 (Ends March 2, normally €5.00/£4.49)
Plenty of Fishies (Nitrolic Games) - €2.50/£2.24 (Ends March 2, normally €5.00/£4.49)
Rorrim (Nitrolic Games) - €2.50/£2.24 (Ends March 2, normally €5.00/£4.49)
Pinball Breakout (nuGame) - €5.00/£4.00 (Ends March 2, normally €7.00/£6.00)
STEEL RIVALS (nuGame) - €5.00/£4.00 (Ends March 2, normally €7.00/£6.00)
Epic Dumpster Bear (Log Games) - €3.24/£2.49 (Ends March 8, normally €6.49/£4.99)
Word Party (Lightwood Games) - €7.99/£7.49 (Ends February 23, normally €15.99/£14.99)
Runbow: Extra Val-Hue Bundle (13AM Games, Add-on Content) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends February 16, normally €11.99/£10.79)
Runbow: Satura's Space Adventure (13AM Games, Add-on Content) - €3.24/£2.95 (Ends February 16, normally €6.49/£5.89)
Runbow: New Costumes and Music Bundle (13AM Games, Add-on Content) - €3.24/£2.95 (Ends February 16, normally €6.49/£5.89)
Runbow: Professionals Pack (13AM Games, Add-on Content) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends February 16, normally €1.99/£1.79)
Runbow: Winter Pack (13AM Games, Add-on Content) - €1.49/£1.39 (Ends February 16, normally €2.99/£2.69)
Runbow: Anime Pack (13AM Games, Add-on Content) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends February 16, normally €1.99/£1.79)
Runbow: Steampunk Pack (13AM Games, Add-on Content) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends February 16, normally €1.99/£1.79)
Defense Dome (HULLBREACH STUDIOS) - €1.49/£1.39 (Permanent, was €1.99/£1.79)
SDK Spriter (HULLBREACH STUDIOS) - €9.99/£8.99 (Permanent, was €12.50/£10.50)
Hyperlight EX (CatfishBlues Games) - €4.99/£4.59 (Permanent, was €5.49/£4.99)

Robin64

For anyone who doesn't have a Wii U and thus missed Woolly World, do consider the 3DS version. It's a superb game, almost as good as Yoshi's Island, and there's very little lost in the conversion to 3DS.

(Though n3DS owners will find it much nicer as it's 60fps on that machine, compared to 30fps on an o3DS)

Edit: Wait, holy shit, more TG-16 games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, more TG16 games. Interesting.

.........I do hope it won't take Konami long to actually bring them to the Switch VC. Heck, sure would be nice if Sega jumped back on board since it seems they helped with the GBA VC in Japan, but nothing in the US (seriously, how is it the Sonic Advance games are available in Japan, but not here).

LayLa

I'm not too familiar with the Bomberman franchise, but I really liked Wario Blast on the original Game Boy. How does Bomberman '94 game compare to the other entries in the series?

generally regarded as one of the best, has probably the best single player content too

Dee Dee

Whhaaaa, NoE cashing in hard on that new Switch Bomberman announcement!!

Can anyone give any info on what controller setup is needed to get Bomberman 94 on Wii U VC to work with 4 players? Feel free to slap me with a trout if that's easily accessible information on the Nintendo website (I always get all my info from this thread, duh).

Will also buy Koi to further support Circle - it's not everyday that Chinese indie games of quality get brought over to EU.

Now please put Parascientific Cruise on sale again, haha, I still haven't pulled the trigger, but they recently announced a second part for it.

(Is tolkir still doing the February thread by the way?)

tolkir

(Is tolkir still doing the February thread by the way?)

I'm still here. If nobody wants, I'll do it. (very bare bones)
Next month with the Switch launch, the thread deserves much more love. So, it would be ideal someone else could do it.

Camjo-Z

I'm not too familiar with the Bomberman franchise, but I really liked Wario Blast on the original Game Boy. How does Bomberman '94 game compare to the other entries in the series?

Let's just say, if Wario Blast is the best Bomberman game you've played then you're in for a treat.

Skyzard

Banned
I tried Mario Kart 64 today after getting it a while back and man, the controls are really different from what I remember.

The analogue stick in particular.

Big deadzone on the gamepad, and then past that you move it EVER SO slightly and the character veers to the side violently.

Pretty disappointed, was really excited to have a portable mk64 (I play everything I can with the wiiu on the gamepad).

Music is still good at least :(

I wonder if n64 emulators on phones are good enough nowadays? Getting a ps4 controller and phone mount tomorrow primarily for streaming but now I might look into emulators too.

Otherwise I guess I'll try getting used to it, but slight changes in direction are just almost impossible to do - you have to rely on drifting a lot more - which isn't that bad but it's not authentic childhood experience.

Was planning on playing ocarina of time after Botw on the gamepad...but now I'm not sure.

PtM

Banned
I tried Mario Kart 64 today after getting it a while back and man, the controls are really different from what I remember.

The analogue stick in particular.

Big deadzone on the gamepad, and then past that you move it EVER SO slightly and the character veers to the side violently.

Pretty disappointed, was really excited to have a portable mk64 (I play everything I can with the wiiu on the gamepad).

Music is still good at least :(

I wonder if n64 emulators on phones are good enough nowadays? Getting a ps4 controller and phone mount tomorrow primarily for streaming but now I might look into emulators too.

Otherwise I guess I'll try getting used to it, but slight changes in direction are just almost impossible to do - you have to rely on drifting a lot more - which isn't that bad but it's not authentic childhood experience.

Was planning on playing ocarina of time after Botw on the gamepad...but now I'm not sure.
The deadzone is a stock problem of the N64 emulator apparently (together with the darkened image).
They only somewhat fixed it for F-Zero X, after lots of complaints on Miiverse.
The Switch's emulators better be peerless, since no Miiverse...

Top Bottom