• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grev |OT| Shooting up the future!

just bought Mamarou-kun Curse and its about the best thing ever. Its feature PACKED, with tons of difficulty options, stage remixes, and different campaigns. And that's not even counting if you're going to play for scores.

I like Under Defeat and Kokuga just fine. I like them an awful lot in fact, but this, man, this game right here. Hoo-boy.

I'm trying to communicate its excellence. Its dang good stuff. Check it out why don't cha?

gunstarhero

just bought Mamarou-kun Curse and its about the best thing ever. Its feature PACKED, with tons of difficulty options, stage remixes, and different campaigns. And that's not even counting if you're going to play for scores.

I like Under Defeat and Kokuga just fine. I like them an awful lot in fact, but this, man, this game right here. Hoo-boy.

I'm trying to communicate its excellence. Its dang good stuff. Check it out why don't cha?

I agree - been playing this game a ton this weekend and am completely hooked.

I have both Kokuga and Under Defeat, but they don't hold a candle to this game. I'm currently going through the advanced course, and it's getting tough...but in a great sort of way.

More people need to buy this game!

Stolen from shmups:

Mamoru-Kun is 1/2 off on US/NA PSN! (from 10/1-10/8) ($10)

If you haven't picked it up yet, this is a good chance!

=======================
On the Grev front, not a whole lot of news lately. Under Defeat digital version went up on PSN. They also produced a couple of color variations of the Border Down ship:

RD_r.jpg

There's also white and yellow.

Ernula's rounder model also went on sale:

castrato_09.jpg

Game Center DX for 3DS is going on sale 1/23 in Japan, so the development on that should be wrapping up. We'll see if Grev has anything up their sleeve over the next couple months I imagine.

Yes Boss!

adverse,

Any word on what is different about the Limited edition of Game Center 3DX? There is a good $25 difference at the import shops.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
This is a thread I haven't seen in a while. I wonder if these guys are still making STGs in any form.

This is a thread I haven't seen in a while. I wonder if these guys are still making STGs in any form.

Seeing the bump, I checked in on the latest Grev site update.
Essentially the last thing they did that was anywhere near a shooter was the license-out for the Senko no Ronde doujin clone Genso no Ronde (don't get excited it's not that hot).

Besides that, just the last GameCenter CX and whatever outsource work they're currently working on. They are not working with Dracue on Leynos.

It's good that they're still around as a company but I definitely do not think they can pull together a new release until there's a solid platform foundation for shooters in Japan again, something that is simply not going to happen on XboxOne (even if we will see a few shooters on it, possibly including CAVE at some point). XBO titles sell sub 2k in Japan, so there's no way they're sustainable. Arcade is also in bad shape.

The only option is PS4 and Steam, both of which are still very overseas-oriented. Grev has localized some of their games, but not a ton and their main fan-base was/is in Japan, so unless they make something mainly oriented towards overseas shooter fans in a nearly doujin format, I doubt we'll see anything new from them until the PS4 market significantly matures in Japan.

BOTEC

Cool to see that it's self published too. Can't say I'm in love with the game, taking damage from hitting walls is the antithesis of fun.

Sixteen-bit kindly remembering that this thread exists, lol. Thanks man.

Good news for Grev IMO. Will likely give them PS4 and also Darius "engine" experience that could certainly be used for their own titles on next-gen hardware. I feel like we might eventually get that Border Down remake we were waiting for...

Sixteen-bit kindly remembering that this thread exists, lol. Thanks man.

Good news for Grev IMO. Will likely give them PS4 and also Darius "engine" experience that could certainly be used for their own titles on next-gen hardware. I feel like we might eventually get that Border Down remake we were waiting for...

I would love to see Border Down HD! And if so, I would hope Steam would be an option regardless of the success (or lack thereof) of Strania.

Top Bottom