• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ditch your PS3, Get $100 store credit towards Xbox One

DEFINATELY
1-Doctor-Emmett-Brown.gif

Marcel

wow

why can't Microsoft spend their money on making better products rather than these kinds of tactics?

It would take some amount of forethought and besides this is more of a "get people in the door of the Microsoft store" promotion. We have one in the local mall around here and it's mostly empty when you pass by. The only people around are sad looking teen employees playing Forza, looking like they want to go home.

The_Monk

Bold marketing move, however some companies believe that when you want to face direct competition you should never mention who is your direct competitor.

In fact there's some laws in some countries that do not allow you to make comparisons or mention the other brand by the official name. Either way, what is a Microsoft store going to do with those PS3 I ask, as a consumer? What would be the answer from their employees if I asked what do they mean by "recycling my PS3"?

Recycle your system with lots of games to pay for a device
(Kinect 2: The kinectening)
with no worthwhile games!

At least I can offscreen in the Wii U gamepad...

Kysen

Shouldn't they be more concerned with converting their already existing 360 base to X1?Especially with the market advantage in the US.

RoadDogg

I just checked my craiglist for PS3 prices and one of the very first ads is someone literally begging to buy a PS3 for $120 + random old games.

I wonder if you can trade in more then 1 and stack the credit? Might be interesting to find some broken PS3's for cheap.

Kerned

Banned
I still have a lot I want to do with my PS3. Now if Sony wanted me to trade in my 360 for a PS4, I wouldn't even have to think about it.

jett

D-Member
I'm totally going to ditch my PS3 and its awesome lineup for something that has shitcakes for games.

Marcel

I just checked my craiglist for PS3 prices and one of the very first ads is someone literally begging to buy a PS3 for $120 + random old games.

I wonder if you can trade in more then 1 and stack the credit? Might be interesting to find some broken PS3's for cheap.

I assume there's a fine print to this promotion that protects them from an abundance of broken/Spider Man PS3s. If they don't have that then it's time to dump your shit, haha.

soultron

Banned
"We'll get them to trade in their PS3s to us for store credit. Why? Once we have enough PS3s, we're going to use them for Australian Titanfall servers."

"Smashing idea, Johnson. I'm promoting you to CTO."

Since they are recycling it there is no requirement for the PS3 to actually be in working order, right?

Good deal if you want an Xbone and have a YYLOD PS3 sitting around as a door stop.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
"We'll get them to trade in their PS3s to us for store credit. Why? Once we have enough PS3s, we're going to use them for Australian Titanfall servers."

"Smashing idea, Johnson. I'm promoting you to CTO."

sidebar-gif-loki-like-burn-ooh.gif

hahaha man 10/10

Vlade

seems like buying a ps3 at $100 would turn a profit. What does GS pay in store credit? Who is the greater predator?

meppi

Hah, cute.
No thinks though, I just bought a second PS3 instead of a One and I'm thinking about a third Vita. :p

Top Bottom